Chapter 13 : A Pleasant Afternoon

Season 1  :  Chapter 13

About 2 weeks have passed since April 1.Nothing changed in the class. Most of the students were still doing their usual things: bunking classes, sleeping, reading weird black and white pictures, playing games, texting and chatting with one another.

Within these 2 weeks, other than Horikita, Ayanokouji acquired a new 'friend' in Class-D,  who goes by the name of Hideo Sotomura. From his deduction, Ayanokouji realised that his chubby acquaintance was a shy guy who wanted some friends.

So, before the bespectacled dude could join the likes of Ike,Yamauchi and Hondou, The brown haired boy decided to befriend him since he could feel that Sotomura would be an important piece Ayanokouji could acquire in his Arsenal, if he grooms him with attention.

Horikita at first was not excited with Ayanokouji's new friend because she thought much like the other guys in the class, Sotomura was a pervert who doesn't shy away from expressing his inner lust everywhere. However, she was pleasantly surprised when she found out that he was just a shy nerd with low communication skills.

Though Sotomura hinself was a little pervert, he kept it within himself so that the girls in the class, who already look at him in repulsion because of his chubby stature, don't get even more repulsed because of his actions.

--------

As class ended, most of the students left the class to go to the cafetaria to have their lunch, while some students were staying in their class having their lunch.

" Horikita-san, did you read the volume of the novel I gave you yesterday?"

Sotomura immediately walked towards the 2 loners located at the end of the room. He looked to be feeling jolly and happy for some reason.

Horikita took out the volume from her bag and gave it to Sotomura with a small smile.

"Yes. After doing my homework I decided to give it a try and colour me surprised that I actually enjoyed it. Though the vocabulary is definitely a lot more informal and direct than the usual novels I read, it gave me a refreshing feeling with a sense of relatability. I must thank you for recommending this to me, Sotomura-kun."

Hearing genuine praise coming from the Ice Queen of the class, Sotomura blushed in embarrassment and nervousness. 

"I brought Volumes 2 and 3 with me as well. If you would like then I would share it with you after the class."

"I would very much appreciate it."

Horikita then handed Sotomura the novel, who then started taking a couple of glances towards the brown haired boy who was looking out of the window.

Sensing the class nerd's stare on him, Ayanokouji looked at him with a confused expression.

"What's up Sotomura?"

"Do you want to read this novel as well, Ayanokouji-dono?"

The nerd then got the unusual support from the ice queen who nodded at Ayanokouji as well.

"I must say you should read it, Ayanokouji-kun. Maybe you would get better at interacting with others after reading the main character's dialogues and start wearing his scowl as well."

"Real funny Horikita. I can't stop laughing after hearing your words🗿🗿 "

"Your remote expression says otherwise though.."