Chapter 12 : Affection

Season 1  :  Chapter  12

All three ANHS students were at the moment sitting on their respective chairs. There was a tense silence created between the Horikita siblings. None of them were yet to utter a single word, causing Ayanokouji to sigh in impatience.

'It's not like I'm being impatient. But the 2 Horikita's are just sitting without saying a word to one another for over 3 minutes. Isn't this supposed to be a reunion chat?'

"Why are you here in this school, Suzune?"

The elder Horikita's voice was ice cold,devoid of any emotions. He adjusted his glass before getting up from his seat. Horikita once again looked at her lap, not having the mental power to give him an actual answer.

While waiting for her answer, Manabu Horikita brought 2 glasses filled with water and gave it to the first 2 years.

"Drink some water first.It would help you to get rid of your nervousness."

Ayanokouji noticed Horikita's mouth curling a little upwards as she heard his words before taking a sip of the water. As Ayanokouji was observing the younger Horikita, he was in return getting observed by the elder one, who was looking at him with a cold,calculative gaze.

'Is this guy a friend of Suzune? Throughout my life, Suzune  basked in her superiority and other than me, she didn't want to come close to anyone. She always believed isolation and freedom to be similar. 

Why is she here? Is it to catch up to me? Is it to prove to me that she changed? If that is the case, then she remained the same. 

Chasing my footsteps was the only thing my sister was capable of…. I tried to tell her so many times that she would not be able to develop like that, but my words turned to deaf ears…

Her attitude has changed a little now… I don't know if it's for the best though…. I would have a little more hope that she changed, if she was in some class other than D…. 

That brings me to my latest question… Who is this guy? Does Suzune consider him an equal or is she  trying to make him her lackey? That would be incredibly dangerous because this brown haired boy is radiating an aura of superiority… Just who is he?'

After drinking the glass of water served to her, Horikita looked at her brother straight in the eyes without any hints of nervousness or fear, causing both the elder Horikita and Ayanokouji to raise their eyebrows in sync, finding the situation interesting.

"I'm here to improve myself as a human being and polish my abilities. This is an Elite School, so I want to develop as an Elite myself through all the future challenges this school passes to us."

Hearing her answer, Manabu Horikita's eyes widened  for a second before he covered his face with his hands in such a way that for the other two it would seem like he was thinking, but Kiyotaka clearly noticed that behind his hands, the elder Horikita was smiling to himself..