Chapter 29 : Other Leaders

As Ayanokouji stood in front of the elevator, waiting for it to reach the floor he was residing at, his mind wandered towards the incident of last night.

'I did say that I want Kushida to follow my every order, but to be honest, I can't find much use for her......

To help me control the class, I have Horikita by my side and I can use Satou and Matsushita and improve them further to be central figures among the women of Class-D....

So, in a sense, Kushida is kind of useless. Well, at least I can keep her within my leash and extort information about other classes, since she is the only creature of our class, who for some reason really wants to be friends with everybody....

Which brings me to my next thought....Why?

When I witnessed her real self, it came to my understanding that much like every single human being, Kushida also doesn't like hanging out with people 24/7 and holds grudges....So why does she want to be everyone's friend?

That's kind of hypocritical even coming from a monster of contradiction such as myself.'

The door of the elevator then opened as Ayanokouji witnessed a kind of surprising yet weird sight in front of him.

There stood Horikita and Kushida... Whereas on one side, Kushida was continuously barraging her companion with a lot of small talk wearing a huge smile on her face, Horikita wore a grimace while tightly clenching her fists in frustration.

As soon as her eyes met with Ayanokouji's, all her frustration immediately vanished as she gave him a nod with a small smile on her face.

"Good morning Ayanokouji-kun. "

Kushida, behind her, immediately stiffened before composing herself as she greeted him with a smile on her face.

"Good morning Ayanokouji-kun. "

Completely ignoring the beige haired girl, Kiyotaka walked inside the elevator and stood in between Kushida and Horikita, immediately forming a bridge of gap between them, as Horikita released a sigh of relief

"Good morning Horikita."

Deciding to spend the remaining time on the elevator in a comfortable silence, Horikita took out a small novel and started reading it, while Ayanokouji took slight peeks at it, trying to decipher the plot.

But alas, fate was cruel to him as he forgot the pest who was standing behind him.

Kushida poked his back with a fake pout on her face, trying to act cute.

"You didn't greet me, Ayanokouji-kun. "

"Don't want to waste too much energy talking with you. One word and you start babbling about random things. Sorry Slave 1 but I like my momentary peace."