Chapter 33 : Proud

"How was the date?"

Right as Ayanokouji was about to take a seat, his black haired seatmate threw him a glance mixed with irritation and jealousy? while fiddling with her pencil.

"It was pretty decent, I guess. Had a nice chat with Matsushita and came to the knowledge of a fan page of mine existing in the school forum."

"I see. I also unfortunately had the liberty of seeing that fanpage. It's literally everywhere in the forum. You seem to grow quite a fanbase."

"Yeah.....Being handsome has its perks it seems."

At his sarcastic comment, Horikita slightly raised her eyebrows while giving him a small smirk.

"Never took you as a narcissist. Guess we learn something new everyday."

"....It was a joke. I'm not Koenji."

"Oh really? Sometimes your voice gets so boring and dull that I can't seem to find the difference between a joke and a fact. I sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding. "

With a mocking bow, Horikita let out a small giggle as Ayanokouji's eyes twitched in annoyance.

"I thought you would like that. Your onii-san seems to like that trait of mine, you know?"

"And what does nii-san have to do with your boring voice?"

"What I'm trying to say is, a brocon like you always seems to replicate her own brother at a lot of things. So I thought both of you would have the same preference as well."

Immediately Horikita's hand went towards his waist trying to pinch it, but The Masterpiece of the White Room dodged her attack and instead flicked her fingers, causing her to reel it back with a frown on her face.

"I made lunch for you....But I won't give it to you, anymore."

With a cold annoyed voice, Horikita turned away from him as Ayanokouji mentally sighed to himself, while a veil of awkward silence was created between them

'There we go. It seems like my words seem to get under her skin as she didn't like me comparing her with her brother. I'm sorry Horikita, but I needed to say it to break you away from your brother's shell.....

Now...how should I calm this situation?'

Shrugging himself from his thoughts, Ayanokouji looked towards his seatmate who was scribbling something on her notebook, while glaring at it.

'Poor notebook-kun, suffering from the wrath of the Ice Queen all by itself.'

"Say Horikita, I was planning to cook all by myself for the first time. Do you want to be my guinea pig?"

"Huh?!"

Immediately she turned towards him with her glare still present on her face.

'Excellent move, me. Truly a masterpiece....at failing at every social interaction.'