Chapter 5 : Authority

Season 1   :   Chapter 5

Amidst all the chatter revolving around the class, the handsome dude from earlier slowly clapped his hands, gaining their attention. As all eyes darted towards him, he gave them a bright smile.

It seems it was incredibly effective as most of the girls immediately gained a pink tint around their cheeks.

I slightly gave my seatmate a small glance, just because I was curious to notice if she was smitten by his charms as well, but looks like she was not. She just kept her face as stoic as possible while reading her book. Sensing my glance, her eyes darted towards me curiously.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all.I was just looking at your book. Quite an interesting find, I must say."

Immediately her eyes gleamed a little in excitement, though she still kept her stern face.

"Judging from your words, it seems you have already read it, I assume?"

"Yeah...you can say that. Ever since I was little, I did not have many friends, so I mainly spent my free time reading books all by myself."

Her eyes softened a little as she sighed to herself.

"I know what you feel like.But hey, being alone is not that bad of a feeling you know? You can still enjoy many things by yourself that you can't infront of a crowd."

Her attempt to try to cheer me up didn't work but I felt a little gratitude for her words.

"Thank you Horikita.I appreciate your kindness."

The black haired girl looked back towards her book while shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't deserve your gratitude. After all, I just spoke the truth."

Right as we finished our conversation we heard a lot of approval from the girls of the class towards the handsome boy's request of introducing ourselves.

'Okay...Class Introduction it is… If I want to lead this class from the ruins straight to the top, then I have to make a good impression as well as display a small level of authority over them.'

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me."

He ended his introduction with a small pleasant smile, causing many of the girls to blush at him. Maybe if I was a girl, then maybe I would've blushed as well… Let's not think about cursed things like that.

Hirata introduced himself in front of the class smoothly, without any hints of nervousness. He displayed a small level of confidence, though it was not to be mistaken with arrogance. And as soon as he mentioned that he played football, yes football, not soccer… His popularity among the class increased four times.

He would be a useful ally to have…

Seeing that his introduction was well received, Hirata looked pleased with himself as his eyes went towards the next person.

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self introductions from the beginning?"

After him, was a girl with a shy demeanour. She looked perplexed and nervous that she might mess up her introduction and make things socially awkward . As she introduced herself, her words stopped in her mouth as her face got pale in embarrassment. But soon, after some help from her neighbours, she gained a little confidence and introduced herself as Inogashira Kokoro.