Chapter 91 : Simplicity

Season 4 : Chapter 14

Ayanokouji POV

Soon all four of us Class-D students walked inside our designated rooms and felt the gaze of the students of other classes upon us immediately. It seems like after our overwhelming win in the Island Exam, and the fact that everyone knows that I am the Leader of Class-D put everyone on edge instantly the moment I walked inside.

How amusing. Is this what that man feels when everyone else feels guarded and scared by him as well? To have such power that all your enemies have to think of hundreds of ways to defeat you and make them expect that you are making a complex plan just like them in return to retaliate .... however all it takes is one simple move to catch them all off-guard and mow through them without any difficulty.

This is the exact way Ryuuen navigates in these kinds of exams. None of his plans are ... well, pretty difficult to figure out. But since he gained the reputation of being a schemer and always trying to look through the plot holes, even his simple moves makes everyone think there is a reason behind it.

Ichinose Honami the Leader of Class-B, who was at the moment discussing something with a blue haired boy wearing spectacles, finally seemed to realise my presence as she gave me a beautiful smile as a way of greeting.

"Hello Ayanokouji-kun. How are you doing?"

"I'm pretty good. How are you?"

"Hmm our situation is fine I guess. Our class expected to gain some more points in the Island Exam, but that didn't seem to be the case. But it's alright, since we have three whole years left. It's just the start right?"

"True."

As expected of someone like Ichinose  Honami. Even if she faced adversity in the very first stage of the battle, instead of breaking under the pressure or giving up, she took the loss and is facing forward, trying to see the bright side. She really is like a symbol of optimism and a bundle of sunshine .... I would lie if I say that I was not a fan of her personality or her mentality. Even in this dark and cruel world, someone like her looks at it and understands it, and still somehow finds the slightest bright and positive outlook amidst it and embraces it fully.

Yukimura and Sotomura sat down in the middle, right beside the chairs of the three Class-B students as Karuizawa sat beside me, all the while confusingly looking at a certain girl of Class-C who was glaring at her for some reason. Trying to figure out her reasons, I leaned beside Karuizawa before whispering in her ear.

 Trying to figure out her reasons, I leaned beside Karuizawa before whispering in her ear

"What's up with her, Karuizawa? Did you steal her man or something?"

"Huh?! No. I don't even know why she is looking at me like that. Want me to go and ask her?"