Chapter 37 : Answers

Season 2 : Chapter 4

As Ayanokouji was slightly nodding off to sleep, the bell to his dorm room rang all of a sudden.

'Who is it now?'

Releasing a small sigh and cracking his muscles, he stood up from his bed and made his way towards the door. Before opening it, he looked through the peephole to register who the person disturbing his sleep was...

And it was none other than Horikita.

Not wanting to make her stand too long, he opened the door, immediately being greeted with the warmth of the outside in comparison to the air conditioner.

Horikita, who was in her school outfit, was sweating from her forehead and was looking a little tired. However her lips spread out in a very thin smile when she saw him opening the door.

"Good evening, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Good evening Horikita. Please come inside."

"Thanks for having me."

As she went inside, he could smell her body odour mixed with the scent of her perfume and sweat.

'Judging from her worn out expression and her smell, it seems like she was outside all this time. I wonder what she was doing.'

As Horikita sat down on his bed, Kiyotaka walked towards his kitchen to make her some beverage.

"Horikita, coffee, tea or cold drink?"

"Cold Drink please."

Nodding to her words, he brought two glasses and a bottle of Fanta inside the room.

"So...what happened with everyone? I thought I told you guys to notify me in the group chat."

Immediately she facepalmed at his words and rubbed her temples in annoyance.

"Don't even get me started. Just after you left, Sotomura-kun remembered that an anime he loves will start airing today.

Matsushita-san and Satou-san were raided by the girls of our Class and got forced to party with them and when the two of them noticed me, they forcefully brought me along with them as well.

On our way, we found Sudou-kun who seemed to be in a pretty bad mood for some reason. He didn't say anything to us and left quietly."

While she was saying this, her grip over the glass gradually increased as Kiyotaka looked at her with amusement.

"So, how did it feel for the antisocial, ice queen of Class-D to finally let go of that stupid book and touch some grass?"

Her eyes twitched in annoyance as she gave him a very 'peaceful' smile.

"If I wasn't wearing a skirt at the moment, I would've dropkicked you into oblivion."

"I would like to see you try."

Sighing to herself she lied down on his pillow for a second, before looking back at him with an embarrassed reaction.

"You...don't mind, do you?"

"500 Private points for 1 minute is the charge. Pay it or get away from my pillow."

Immediately his face met the soft sensation of the pillow which was thrown at him with full force by a pouting Horikita.

"I'm kidding. Here you go, I don't mind."

"Thanks. I'm way too tired."

"Why didn't you go to your room and take a nap then?"