Chapter 20 : Study Session

"It's not like that Sudou. Give me your notebook for a second."

With a hesitant expression on his face, the red haired delinquent of Class-D passed his notebook towards Ayanokouji who took out a small pencil from Horikita's bag, causing her to look towards him.

"Hey, that's mine."

"You are teaching Satou, Matsushita and Hasebe History right? What's the use of a pencil for that? I'll give it back after I use it."

Not deciding to continue their bickering any further, Ayanokouji looked towards the notebook with Horikita's pencil in his hand. However, it seemed that the black haired girl was not done as she was giving her friend a reprimanding stare.

"Isn't it common courtesy to ask someone if you want to borrow, more like snatch their things away from them?"

'Sigh...Horikita, as nice as you are, sometimes you get really stubborn, don't you?'

The brown haired boy sighed to himself before giving Horikita a resigned stare, who was staring at him with an anticipated expression on her face.

"I see. I'm sorry for that. Can I borrow your pencil, Horikita?"

The black haired girl put on a smug expression on her face before nodding towards Ayanokouji.

"Of course Ayanokouji-kun.  As your 'friend' ,I see no harm in lending you my accessories. Though I would appreciate it if you ask me next time."

Changing her subject, she looked towards the most intelligent one of her 3 classmates.

"So where were we, Matsushita-san?"

However their conversation was stopped as the brown haired boy muttered to himself while giving her seatmate a side glance.

"Hardass."

Without even looking back, he started scribbling on Sudou's notebook and started teaching him, while Horikita looked at him with a smile while her eyes were twitching in annoyance.

"Did you say something, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Nope. Not at all. You must've heard someone else."

"I think I heard your voice perfectly though. How can I confuse that boring, monotone voice of yours with someone else's ?"

"Your hearing has gotten worse. Must be because of all the bullshit you hear on spotify all day."

Without waiting for her response, the brown haired boy started writing on the notebook,  completely ignoring Horikita's existence as the black haired girl puffed her cheeks in anger.

"Hmph!!"

Satou slightly giggled at the scene causing the black haired maiden to look at her

"What happened, Satou-san?"