1: Prologue

Flashback • 10 years old 12 pm Yeager's house

3rd pov

"Alright, so they should be here any minute. Now, remember they are our neighbors treat them with respect." "Mooom, I wanna go back to playing my games, please." Carla glares at her son. She places down the lemonade, wipes her hands on her apron, and crosses her arms. "Eren, there is a little girl the same age as you two coming, and she is kind. So, act nice." "Yes, ma'am." Eren respectfully replied before shifting on the couch to give Mikasa a glare who had a nonchalant expression.

Knock, Knock

"Coming." Carla went to the front door after finishing up the dinner table. Outside the dark red door was a mother, and a daughter hiding behind said mother. "Y/n c'mon, there is nothing to worry about, be brave," The mother said. "Okay," The daughter, Y/n, whispered. Her mother just smiled and noticed the doorknob turning. Here we go, a new start, the mother thought, smiling brightly and straightening out her poster, purse in both hands in front of her body. Y/n emulated her and clutched onto her own dress. The door opened to a medium-height woman with long, dark chocolate hair in a low ponytail. Y/n immediately clung to her mother's skirt. "Ms. L/n right?" Carla said opening the door further into her home. "Yes, but you can call me by my first name, Lunes, she/her pronouns. And this is my daughter, Y/n." Lunes smiles.

"Then return the favor and call me Carla, she/her.-" Carla smiles and then turns to the child behind her. "And if this is your daughter, she is absolutely breathtaking. What are your pronouns, dear?" Y/n looks up at Carla. 'Be brave' she thinks. The child smiles widely, feeling her cheeks heat up, she replies: "Thank you, you're gorgeous too.-" She fidgets with her mother's skirt in hand, feeling her heart race from the interaction, her eyes darting everywhere except Carla's. "And my pronouns are she/her." Carla smiles widely, elated by the interaction. "So sweet, young lady, I'm in love with you already." Y/n feels her face heat up more. Carla moves beside the door, directing her hands in a moving motion. "Come in, lunch is in 10."

The guests take off their shoes and walk along the shiny, brown, wooden floors. On some of the walls were multiple pictures of people, dogs, or drawings. At the entrance, the wall had a key holder and a coat stand nearby. The mothers talked while Y/n was admiring the humongous place (to her), smiling brightly fighting the urge to touch everything and run and dance around the entire place to explore. While that was happening Mikasa and Eren were having a staring contest. "..." "...." "If you want to win, just say so, I'll blink," Mikasa said with no emotion. "You do, I'll hate you forever," Eren said while... well blinking. "Sh-" Mikasa put her finger to his lips. "Ms. Yeager said not to cuss." Eren rolls his eyes. He sighs, crossing his arms. Then the guests and his mom walk in.

Mikasa pov

While Eren was being his usual moody self I heard 3 pairs of footsteps and saw 2 adults in the opening of the living room. One was Carla and the other had h/c hair and was maybe a little bit taller than Carla. But that wasn't what intrigued me, it was the moving of her skirt, as though there was something- no someone behind it. Just when I was about to get a better look Carla started talking, moving her left hand to introduce the woman. "Eren stop pouting. Anyway, Eren, Mikasa, this is Ms. L/n and behind her is," Carla held out her hand behind Ms. L/n's skirt. A hand was put in it, tiny with bitten nails. It was cute and seemed delicate.

"-Y/n. She's precious, so treat her politely." The little girl named Y/n was shy, you could tell. She kept looking down and around, still offering a little wave and a small smile. She was adorable. It's kind of a weird feeling I'm getting, I don't understand it. I'll push it away for now because I know Eren might be overwhelming for her. "It's nice to meet you both," The pretty girl states.

The two adults leave for us to play and chat. Eren was the first to get off the couch. "You're shy." I soon follow and slap him on the back of his head. The girl rubbed her arm and looked away. "I'm sorry about him. I'm Mikasa, he's Eren. If you ever feel uncomfortable with him or anyone else come to me, okay?" Y/n nods and tucks a strand of her h/c hair behind her ear, my cheeks flush immediately seeing her smile and look into my eyes.

And this is how it started, the love story of Y/n L/n and Mikasa Ackerman.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Thank you for reading 841 words! I'll see you later, and if not, thanks for giving this a try🦋