34: Historia

School homeroom

Counting her supplies, she nods at Historia's words

Counting her supplies, she nods at Historia's words. "So she showed me her gems, and turns out, mine were better." Y/n chuckles. "You know, taking that out of context. Someone could think we're talking about sex." Historia pouts, crossing her arms. "No." Y/n deadpans, tilting her head in a tall blonde's direction. He flushes, waving sheepishly as Annie almost smacks him. The two girls giggle. "Okay, okay... What about you?" Y/n hums, searching for a second eraser in her pouch. "What do you mean?" Historia scoffs, hopping off of the desk she was sitting on. "Come on, Y/n. You look like shit and are radiating shit." Y/n's face scrunches up. "Am not," she says as her fingers touch the rubbery nub. "Are too. I mean it's as if you're begging for everyone to walk all over you."

Y/n rolls her eyes. "Just because I'm not as wealthy as you doesn't mean-" "I don't care about your wealth. Besides, you know we still need to go on that shopping spree." Y/n chortles. "I say his entire paycheck." Historia nods in agreement. "We'll do that, as long as you tell me what's going on." She takes a seat next to Y/n, leaning forward on her elbows. "Nothing is-" "Ymir told me about the breakdown." Y/n sighs, shoving her supplies back into her tiny rainbow pouch. "And?" "And you should talk to your friends. I mean it's all going so fast, we're four months away from the trip and already you've broken up with Yelena and started dating Armin." Y/n freezes, slowly asking, "How do you know about Yelena?" She smiles. "You just told me."

Y/n sighs. "Frankly, she didn't deserve you." No, I don't, I didn't deserve her. "Though I've always pictured you with Mikasa." I've messed that up too. "It- it doesn't matter- Could we drop it?" Historia glances over the girl's form. Nodding without a comment of concern, Historia finds the next topic. "So, how do you feel about dresses and glitter on your face?" Y/n giggles, light but it's there. "Glitter for what?" "Everyone puts glitter on their face." Y/n rolled her eyes a smile to her lips. "I don't." "Goodness, you pick me." Y/n freezes looking over to the girl and her dramatic hand over her heart. The two break out in laughter. "Alright, alright, but seriously they're deciding where to go this week, pick or I'm picking for you." Y/n nods, responding with her eyes on the door opening. "Maybe Marley? I think it'd be nice for those three." Y/n points back to Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie, eyes catching two people entering.

"Meh, I think Paris still..." Historia waits for her friend's 'our school isn't that wealthy' comment, but it never appears. She follows the h/c-haired girl's gaze and she watches a tall brunette and raven-ette walk into the room. Smiling, Historia almost teases Y/n, yet her teary eyes stop her. "Hey-" "Alright everyone, get seated! Today we have a quick survey and then we'll start a normal lesson." A teacher with an eyepatch under their wired glasses says before splitting the stack of papers. "Take one and pass it." Historia nibbles on her lip, glancing at Ymir and signaling that she isn't ever going there. "Well, blonde boy, looks like you really fucked up this time." Ymir scolds, leaning forward to grab the papers coming to her table.

Armin's face is in his hands, eyebrows furrowed. "I know, but I just need to know how to fix it..." Ymir chuckles, passing the last of the papers back. "Does Y/n even seem up for fixing it?" Armin's face scrunches, his chin resting on his knuckles. "I don't know what she wants anymore." Ymir rolls her eyes, writing her name on the paper. "I don't know what she wants either, but that's not what I'm asking." She taps Armin's paper. "Has she seemed up to anything lately?" Armin quirks a brow, gaze shifting to Y/n with a blank look on her face. "What? You think she's depressed?" Ymir shrugs, focusing on the teacher. "I don't know, except I think it's something similar." She shifts her head to the side. "Burnout. Historia had it a couple of years ago. It was terrible for her, and I think she was depressed, but Gods, she could barely function for the longest time." "Burnout? But-"

"As you all know, we have an annual senior trip this upcoming month." Hanji leans back on their desk. "So, this survey is about your interests and the one place you want to go." Whispering is spread. "The highest vote that is most affordable will win." Historia shoots her hand up, Hanji shielding their face with a copy of the survey in their hands. "Ms. Historia." "Is Paris still on the table?" Hanji sighs, moving the paper away from their face. "No, we've been over this." Students giggle as Historia pouts.

"So, if she did go through burnout, how did she get out of it?" Ymir shrugged. "She accepted reality, and forgave herself." Armin's brows furrow. "And for Y/n? What's your suggestion?" Hanji clears their throat, stopping the giggles. "Alright, get started. You have ten minutes, which will be more than enough." Hanji glances at the clock before sitting down, plugging in earbuds. "Honestly, I don't know. Y/n didn't have a family like Historia." Ymir glances at the blonde. "My best advice, don't let her isolate." Easier said than done, Armin thought.

Y/n walked up to Hanji, the first done, and tapped on their desk, everyone else focused on chatting and answering the survey together. Except for a certain multitasking blonde. "Mr. Hanji?" They looked up. "Oh sorry, you can just leave it right here." They patted next to them, and when Y/n put it there, they immediately picked it up, inspecting the questions. "Interesting..." Y/n's brows furrow. "About?" Hanji tilts their head, smiling up at her. "You chose Chicago. Isn't that where your dad is from?" Y/n lightly giggled under her breath. "Yes, but I only want the chili dogs." Hanji rolled their eyes. "Okay, go ahead and sit down." Y/n nodded interrupting Hanji from putting their earbuds back in. "Actually I was wondering if I could go to the restroom?" Hanji nods, motioning to the hall pass on the back of their closed door. "Seven minutes." Y/n nodded a quick whisper of gratitude leaving her.

ᓚᘏᗢ

WC:1k+

Thanks for reading!