14: Needing insight

Levi's classroom

"Why did you have to kick her out like that?" "Because I'm a teacher

"Why did you have to kick her out like that?" "Because I'm a teacher." Y/n's face scrunches up. "That doesn't make any sense." "That's beside the point. You got your donut. Now be happy." She rolled her eyes, tossing the empty donut bag into the tin can, having eaten it in a second. "Okay, but now can I go?" "No." "Why not?" "Because-" "If it's because you're a teacher; I'm leaving." He rolls his eyes. "No, your mom wanted to check up on you."

Y/n cringes. "She can do that... herself." Levi chuckles. "Shut up and just tell me." "Tell you what?" Levi rolls his eyes. "Tell me you're dating Yelena." Y/n's eyes widen, waving her hands in front of her in defense. "Woah, Woah, Woah, since when were we a thing?" Levi shrugs, sipping from his steaming tea. "Since I heard from Carla." Y/n raises a brow. "About?" Levi uncaps his red pen. "Grown-up stuff." Y/n shakes her head walking over to Levi and grabbing his red pen, holding it up high. "Uh-uh, you can't do that. That's-" Levi stands, grabbing his pen back from her. "I can, and will. Now, do you know safe-" "No!" Y/n waves her hands in front of Levi's face. His face scrunches and he grabs her wrists with one of his. "Are you a baby-" "La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la-" Levi pokes Y/n's cheek with the bottom of his pen. "Y/n, you know STDs are a thing-" "Andddd, I know safe sex. Please Levi, can't we just move on!" Y/n whines, he lets go of her wrists with a tired sigh.

"Fine." He sits down with a 'thump', moving closer to his desk. Y/n presses her palms together, in a plea, "Now can I leave?" "No." She stutters at his blunt response, "I- What- Why nottttt?" He grips his pen leaning on his desk. "Because... I said so." Y/n purses her lips to the side, crossing her arms while walking to a desk across from him. "I don't get...Wait-" Levi scribbles on paper trying to tune her out. "I'm trying to work." Her voice raises in realization. "You want me to-." "Shut up." "Stay because you like-" "No." "My company, Levi!" She claps, legs spreading, eyes gaping at his head, grey hues not meeting hers instead focusing on a paper. "No." "Yes!" "No." "Yes!" "No." Before Y/n can affirm, Levi sternly says, "Shut up, I don't want you here." Y/n giddily smiles, questioning, "So I can leave, huh?" He looks at her from under his hair. "No." She snaps her fingers, standing. "Aha! Admit it, you like my company!" She walks toward his desk.

"Go sit down before you go to Hanji's room." Realizing that was where she'd go there if she left, she gulped, silently twirling and walking back to her desk. "Okay, fine, you may not like me and are just saving me from them, but still!" She waves her finger side to side, sitting down. "Y/n-" She glimpsed at his serious face, raising a brow in confusion. "I was just joking-" "Are you dating Yelena?" She chuckles, rubbing her shoulders. "I thought I already-" "Y/n L/n, I need an answer." Y/n freezes, staring into his piercing eyes, shock and worry clouding hers. "I- um, no. Yelena and I aren't dating. Why is this so important to you?" Y/n questions, eyebrows furrowing, e/c eyes dancing around the room to avoid his own dull grey ones.

"Y/n, you know what you're doing." A wave of confusion started to bubble like lava in her. She scoffs. "I don't, Levi. So please, explain to me what I'm doing so horribly wrong." He inhales, tapping his pen. "Y/n, you're toying with people's feelings. Don't you feel-" She interrupts, "And what about mine?" He stops writing and stands, pen still in his clutch. "I was still talking." She stands too, leaning on her desk. "And you aren't being considerate, Levi." She shakes her head trying to gain some sympathy from him. "Y/n, not everything is about you." Y/n's brows furrow, face retracting in disgust. "And I didn't say it was. Why in the fuck won't you take my side, Levi?" Levi pointed his pen at Y/n, articulating, "Watch your language and perspective. Gods, Y/n, you're selfish." That was something Y/n couldn't take. She gulped, eyes casting with shame. "I'm...sorry." Y/n grabbed her bag under the desk and rushed out, not waiting for Levi's permission. Her hand gripped the handle, closing it after uttering, "I need the bathroom."

Standing in silence, Levi watched Y/n walk away, nothing going through his mind. He couldn't move, talk or breathe. She needs her space, so he sat down and graded more papers.

The bell rang shortly after that incident, and Y/n never came back to the classroom. As for the three in detention, it was heaven on Earth. "Finally, ugh." Eren stretched, rolling out the knots in his neck, a groan leaving him. His Adam's apple bobbed when he leaned back. Armin nodded, mesmerized by the sight. Mikasa giggled at Armin, conflicted when she didn't care for the sight. "Hey, I thought my presentation was nice, and you're prepared for the pop quiz happening-" "Hanji!" That caught everyone's attention. Moblit's hand suctioned Hanji's mouth before they said more. "What they meant to say was, thank you, have a good day." Armin chuckled, standing with a pencil in hand. "We should get going," Armin said as Eren grabbed his backpack for him, he furrowed his brows in confusion. "Eren-" "It may be heavy," Eren said, roses painting his cheeks. Armin nodded, a smile fighting its way onto his lips. "Right." Mikasa's eyes searched the scene in front of her. Something had to come up, something. She needed a feeling of jealousy, not envy, she needed a feeling of longing, not worry. She wanted to be in Eren's place and Y/n in Armin's. She wanted to get flustered when Y/n thanked her.

"Awww, so adorable!" Hanji spoke from their now free lips. Moblit sighed, smiling and waving the trio off as they scurried to the door. "Gosh, let's not get detention with them again." "Agreed." "Agreed." People were bustling through the halls, Armin and Eren were closer to each other, Mikasa on the two's right. "Hey Mikasa, do you want to get Y/n with me?" She felt her cheeks heat, flaming hot at the thought of seeing Y/n after her thoughts of happy couple things with her. "Um, I-"

ᓚᘏᗢ

Hope you're having a good day! Also, quick warning for next chapter, there will be a mental breakdown/panic attack

wc: 1k+