33: Pancakes

L/n's kitchen

Y/n splayed out on the couch, legs falling off the couch and her face finding comfort in a pillow, now drenched in her snot

Y/n splayed out on the couch, legs falling off the couch and her face finding comfort in a pillow, now drenched in her snot. Armin winced, her mother deadpanning. "So... You two aren't mature enough to sleep in the same bed like normal adults?" Armin nibbled on his bottom lip. "Um-" "I'm kidding, kid. Don't shit yourself." The younger shakily exhaled a laugh. Lunes grabbed the blanket falling off the girl in a crouched-over position and yanked it off. She shrieked at the cold air, scurrying to stand and shielding herself with the pillow. "Mom!" "Don't mom me, you are going to be late, go brush your teeth."

Y/n's lips formed into a smile, happy her mother and she could go back to normal, a good normal. "Armin, you too. Help her up while I make pancakes." Armin watched Lunes walk away with a skip, then turned his attention back to the daughter. "Um, Y/n-" "No, she didn't mean you have bad breath." Y/n patted her long red dress-like shirt, cringing at the sweater still on her. "No, I-" "You can go ahead, I need to change first." Armin followed her gaze, disheveled crinkly clothes on her body. "What's with the sweater?" She inhaled before smiling. "It gets cold down here." He nodded a regretful furrow to his brows. "Um, Y/n-" "Ma, I want strawberry pancakes!" He hears a scoff as the daughter walks towards the laundry room. "No, blueberry!"

Soon, steaming hot blueberry pancakes were in the middle of the wooden dining room table. Y/n smiled, plating some pancakes for herself before grabbing syrup to drench her pancakes in. "Wow, Y/n, I keep forgetting you're usually this hungry after crying. It's... shocking." Y/n was already drowning out her mother's voice from her obnoxiously loud chewing. "So good, thanks ma-" "Just keep your mouth closed, child." Lunes chuckles, sipping from her steaming cup of coffee. "So, Armin how was your sleep?"

Y/n swallowed down her thick bites of pancakes, grabbing more. She knew she wasn't able to talk with her mouth stuffed, distracting herself with food, even then, Y/n wanted her mom to ask her those questions. She doesn't want to be second to Armin, once again. "Pretty... good. How about you Ms. L/n." Lunes chuckles, teasing him for being so formal and answering herself.

The truth is, Armin didn't sleep well, or at all for that matter. About an hour after their fight, he crept out into the dark tense hallway. He bit his tongue as the stairs creaked under him.

Luckily, he was an inch away from the living room. Yet, Armin was seemingly best friends with bad luck because Y/n wasn't there. Y/n was someone he almost always got along with. Each would brag, cry, gossip, and eat with the other, except when it came to fights, they weren't as lenient with the other. After space, they usually came to the conclusion of always blaming it on Jean and apologizing.

But now... Now Y/n wasn't on the couch. He questioned what he said. Y/n was holding back. Maybe she was too tired, or she didn't want to hurt him, still, the girl wasn't where he wanted her to be. That was deserved.

So, he stayed up, and after a while, the door squeaked open. Hiding behind a corner, he saw the girl crying, disheveled in mismatched clothing. He knew her mind hurt after Armin, and he knew she'd go to someone. He loved being right, regardless, at this current moment in time, he hated being right.

"Okay, slow down. I'm not letting you die." Y/n deadpanned, growling as her mother stole her plate. "But I was eating that." Y/n gulped down her remaining food, wiping her mouth with her forearm. "I could care less." The mother tossed her plate in the sink, along with some cups. Y/n rested her chin on her palm, playing with her dirtied fork. Ask it. Ask it, mom. "If you want, I can drive you two to school." No. No. No. No. No. Ask me about my day.

"I thought you had work, today?" Please don't treat Armin special. The mom exhales, a light smile coaxing her lips. "No, I'm working later in the day." Y/n nods, gripping her spoon. "It's up to Armin, but I have to piss." Y/n's mother frowned, shifting back to the table. "Okay, weirdo." Y/n chuckles, walking away.

Once far enough, Lunes sits down, staring directly at Armin. He gulps down his last bite of fluff, sheepishly looking at the adult. "Um, are you okay?" "What happened to you and Y/n?" Oh shit.

"What do you mean by that?" He wished there were more pancakes to eat, limiting his words. He hopes she didn't hear their bickering and his tormenting words. The deathly poison he stabbed her heart with, no regret in his deceitful hands and eyes. But what he said... Wasn't it true? "Oh, um, I don't know... hm, maybe like- You two are dating?" She almost shrieks at him, hands slamming down on the table as she stands up. "O-oh......oh-" He watches her brows scrunch together, eyes roll, and hands scoop up the rest of the dishes. "When Carla told me, I thought she was high again. Zeke's shit is never looked up." Armin silently agrees with her. "But you two are seriously dating?" He nibbles his bottom lip, nodding. "Yeah, I guess."

She walks over to the kitchen sink, carefully placing the rest of the dishes down. "You guess? What is there to guess about dating someone?" He inhales. "Um, it's just... it just kind of sprung on me..." The mother spins around. "T-that she liked me back!" The mother eyes his anxious form. "Okay." His eyes enlarged, not convinced. "Okay?" "Okay." She wipes her hands on her apron, untying the strings around her neck. "If you two are really dating, then your crush on Eren was nothing more than to get her attention, right?"

Armin glances around the room, replying, "Yes..." Lunes laughs out a 'hahaha' proudly uttering, "You're a liar!" she continues, pleased with his shocked look, "You still like Eren. I bet you two are dating for him." He deadpans. "How?" "She's told me about your problems with that bitch." Armin's lips purse together. "He's not a bitch." "Is too." She sticks her tongue out, arms crossing. "I'm done." 

ᓚᘏᗢ

Thanks for reading!

WC:1k+