4: A plan from secrets

At a café in Downtown Shiganshina 

"I love you, but as a friend, I hope you understand," A conversation between two teens started, no heartbreak, just a conversation. "Armin, because I'm in love with-" "Mikasa." She froze, mouth open. What did he say? The two teens were outside on a patio, sitting on cold hard metal chairs separated by a metal table. "These chairs are uncomfy." He pouts. She raises an eyebrow. "What?" He looks at her confused. "The chairs that we're sitting in right now." He points to them. She blinks multiple times before raising her voice. "You mother-" "Nasty language is a no, no." He wiggles his pointer finger side to side in front of her face with a condescending smile.

She scoffs, her patience lost. "Alright fucker- "Fine, don't listen to me...'' He mutters under his breath as she continues, "I know you know I'm not talking about the chairs." He rolls his eyes, sighing. "You like Mikasa. It's so obvious your mom can tell, you oblivious fucker." He mutters the last part. "And? You like Eren. What was that moment- oh~ right, accidentally spilling water on Eren's white t-shirt to see his sculpted muscles." He blushes profusely putting his palm down on the table and then his forehead on top of that. "Fuck off," he mutters.

"Suck it, you simp ass bitch." Y/n chuckles at her comeback. He sits up. "YOU SIMP FOR MIKASA!" Y/n's face heats up, she looks around skeptically. She clears her throat. "Keep it down." He slumps back trying to hide the fact that he was the one that yelled. "Sorry, I got aggravated." She rolls her eyes. "Why did you truly want me here if not to confess?" He looks at her, getting into business mode, remembering the real reason he asked to meet her. "Okay, so remember the conversation we had when walking home from the library the other day?"

"Say, you look really pretty today, and every day for that matter." Armin glances at the h/c-haired teen "Thank you." His smile fades at her teasing. "I bet Eren thought you were pretty too- no, gorgeous for that matter." He puffs out air and picks up his pace. "Hey, hey, wait!" She wraps an arm around his shoulder with a bright smile on her face and apologizes. "I'm sorry, it's just-" She sighs. "I think you two would be so cute together."

Armin looks at her, a tiny pink tint on his cheeks. "I know, but he probably doesn't like me." He removes the girl's arm around his shoulder. She, tired of his bullshit, just groans pulling her face down with her fingertips. "Wow, you know, I never thought you were this stupid." Armin stops at what his best friend just called him. She continues walking, ignoring him. "It's obvious he likes you, and you like him. I'm with Jean, the third wheel. Once Jean realizes he likes Marco and they get together, then, and only then will you be able to see that Eren doesn't want you for a competition, but for an actual boyfriend~"

She whistles at the end turning a corner. "We don't turn yet, what are you doing?" Armin rushes over to his best friend, embarrassed a bit by the vilification. "Ice cream always cheers you up." She widely smiles and Armin's chest tightens. I love you more every day, he thinks to himself clasping their hands together. Y/n matches his footsteps and starts a different conversation.

"Yeah, mediocrely. Why?" Armin takes a sip of his green tea. "You know everyone in the group ships us, right?" She massages her temples. "Ugh yes, get to the point you suspenseful bi-" He stomps on her foot already getting more glares from people around them. He puts down his tea "We're getting looks, stop cussing," He sternly states. "Sorry, sorry, continue." Armin leans back in his chair, arms on the armrests. "Well, I heard from Erwin, who heard from Levi, who heard from Hanji, who overheard from Connie and Sasha's bickering that the two are setting us up on a date." Y/n's brows furrow. "Okay? I don't know what to do with this information. We usually just ignore their antics; this isn't any different."

Armin hums, leaning forward to graze Y/n's hand. "Y/n, we have the most relationship-friendship in the world." "Overexaggeration, but go on." He grips her hand with a scoff. "Y/n, we can get everything out of everyone in the group." Y/n giggles. "That's only in front of others, even in front of Eren and Mikasa we do it because... it's a flow? I guess." Armin sighs, his chin now on his palm, staring into her e/c eyes. "Y/n, if we can get the group wrapped around our fingers, Eren and Mikasa will be around our fingers as well." Y/n grips his chin with her first two fingers, giving him a deadpan look, with a tiny lilt to her voice. "Love, that's basic knowledge. Where the fuck are you going with this?" Her lips were tilted up, eyebrows arched. Confusion slapped her face.

"You are dumb." Her face fell flat as all emotion drained from it. She sat back gripping her cool glass of iced lemonade. "Do continue, Eren's bitch. I'd love to hear your master plan." His tongue clicks. "Stop calling almost everyone, specifically Mikasa and me, his bitch." She rolls her eyes. "You are though." "Y/n-" "Just get on with it, love-" She leans forward again looping their hands together. "I'm getting tired." She sips from her lemonade as he speaks. "Alright, I was just thinking about dating you so Eren and Mikasa will believe it and fall hopelessly in love with us."

She swallowed her sip before her lips upturned. Then, she burst into a fit of laughter. Holding her stomach with one arm, wiping her tears with the other's pointer finger. "Ahah, that was good, too good. Thanks for that laugh, but-" She gulped down the rest of her lemonade while Armin rolled his eyes "What's your real plan?" He looked her in the eyes. "Y/n, that's my plan, no shit either." She sighed. "Armin, I know you know that you and Eren are made for each other, and Jean is just a... phase? Marco likes him, and you like Eren. So, just go for it." Her bright smile outshone the scientific star setting in the clouds. "Y/n, Mikasa is-" "She doesn't like me." Her smile was dulled.

Y/n liked Mikasa, though she still doubted if Mikasa reciprocated her feelings. Even if she did, she went through the entire scroll of what if.

"What if Mikasa is just joking? What if Mikasa is straight thinking she's gay? What if she likes Eren and is using me to get to him? What if she's using me for school? And if we do date what will happen? Will she still have internalized homophobia? Is she never going to accept that her being lesbian is okay? She has to understand that just because she isn't straight doesn't mean her worth depletes." Breathing out a breath, she rolled on her right side. "Thanks for letting me talk. I'm always here if you need me." A smile graced the brunette's lips. "Yeah, I know." The brunette sat with her knees bent. Y/n smiled. "If you really want to date Mikasa, you have to understand that she hasn't accepted her sexuality." Y/n copied the brunette's posture, leaning her own head onto the other's shoulder. "What am I going to do then, Ymir? You have Historia." Ymir sighs, exasperated. "Y/n, her parents were tough on her and still are. Mine abandoned me. We aren't that lucky." Y/n rests her head on her knees. "You're right, I'm sorry. You just found her and I want that with Mikasa so bad, but I shouldn't have said those things." Ymir chuckles, leaning back onto her hands. "Nah, it's fine. I am lucky for having Historia. Gods, I love her." Y/n gasps. "My heart, I can't with you two cute lesbians." Ymir pushes her shoulder, chuckling with her.

As I said, she pushed her brain, questioning what was wrong with anything and everything there may be an answer to. Nevertheless, after years of pinning, she came to her understanding; "It's better if we continue to be friends and nothing more."

ᓚᘏᗢ

You just read my work, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've done a great job today even if you've barely gotten out of bed. I'm proud of you even for the simple things <3

Until next time, and if you ever want to talk I'm open ^_-

wc:1k+