47: Reality shoves

December

Two weeks and five days

It took her two weeks and five days to become okay. That's what her grandma said. "Listen, I'll be here for you, forever, okay?" The car wasn't self-driving, she had someone drive it for her. The interior was a deep black leather that stretched through the car with an old perfume smell. "Okay, grandma." It seemed like two weeks and five days was enough to get her out of the shit her family put her through. Everyone told her that, at least. The woman with gray hair chuckled. "You remind me so much of your mother."

Two weeks and five days, she stayed in that wealthy house. No one visited her after Armin and Eren, and no one called her name as her grandmother did. "Y/n, we're here." But it was always going to be reality that showed everyone's true nature.

She slept almost all day, her body shaking as it woke up from the resonant sleep. And then she'd wait, wait for something to change. She went to a therapist, she went to a psychiatrist, whatever anyone said would help, she did it.

After two weeks and five days, Y/n was supposed to be better, but no matter what, she imagined a little fairytale world where she wouldn't have to deal with others. She felt like her childhood self again. A little girl trying to give her mom and dad the happiness they begged for. She tried so hard as a child that she didn't get her child, she'd never get it. And now that reality shoved it down her throat, she stayed awake wondering what it is like to cause that pain to a child. "Thank you, grandma." "Anytime sweetie." She got her answer in those five days and two weeks.

"If your mother ever acts like that again, come and get me, okay?" It wasn't her fault, no matter how hard she tried to make it, it was Lune's parent's fault "Goodbye, grandma."

The home was the same, little white flakes littered the outside, but overall, the inside was the same. It was the same besides the number of people inside. "Y/n!" Armin was wearing a blue sweater over a white dress shirt. His socks were a spiral of colors while his pants were tan. "H-hey-" The blonde engulfed her in a hug. Eren was there, standing off to the side in a similar fit to Armin. His mom, Y/n guessed. Speaking of moms, Lunes was sitting awkwardly on the couch with Carla. The two were not a distance away, their hands itching to hold one another's. "How are you?" Armin pulls away from the hug he sprung on her.

She smiles with a nod. It felt nice to be asked a genuine question by her friend, not to mention his loving touch. "I'm good- happy to be back." She felt a bit odd standing in the living room, the last place she was in before Lunes swallowed her fears and gave her to her mother. "I'm glad!" Armin let go once she heard Eren grunt in discomfort. "Can we-" "Eren, be patient." "Yes, ma'am," he said with a secret eye-roll only Y/n could tell. "It's nice to see you too, Eren." "Yeah, yeah..." He wanted to say more, it was on his tongue as the girl pivoted, dropping her backpack on the floor. "Well, it's nice to see you, Y/n!"

"Nice to see you too, Mrs..." Y/n didn't really know how to address Carla. It was in the back of her mind. She's dating her mom, but they aren't married, right? So Yeager should still be fine, but what if it gives her mother the wrong idea? She needs to be supportive so she'll just call her Mrs. L/n. Or is Carla keeping her last name and her mom is changing it to hers? Wait, what is Carla's last name? Does it even matter? She needs to be supportive, that's what her grandmother said. Or at least, that's what was praised. "Carla is fine, sweetie." Y/n stared into her eyes for a moment, watching them swirl with sincerity. Where was that during her five days and two weeks?

"Thanks." Then there was Lunes. She doesn't know how to react to her, she doesn't even want to. She wants to be angry and yell and call her all types of names that she used on her. She wants to but shouldn't. She knows bottling up her feelings is what got her here in the first place, but, just a couple more months until college. She can last a couple more months. I mean, she had a five-day and two-week break. She had those days of not getting out of bed and crying into her pillow silently. She had that so it's nothing.

The awkward silence is deafening, it's seeping into the walls and floor. Y/n swallows all of her feelings of resentment and makes a smile form on her lips. "Hi, mom." It's the most wholesome look in her eyes. She seems utterly shocked that Y/n talked to her, let alone call her mom. She was just like her family, she gave her family to Y/n, and she gave Y/n what she never wanted to give, never wanted to recreate. "Hi, Y/n."

The rest of the day was fine. Y/n caught up on all the drama in school while the two adults conversed and gave out fresh sweets. "Okay, but if you saw Jean's face-" "He always looks like a horse so it's no wonder." The three break out into laughter. But then, Y/n catches the slightest change in appearance. "Hey, Armin?" He hums, wiping a tear from his eye. "Since when did you wear Eren's clothes." The silence is back, but not awkward. "I- I- No! I- Don't-" "Never thought you could say that many I's in a sentence." "Yeah." Y/n's gaze shoots to Eren. "So, you two are dating?" He catches her eyes, pausing for a moment before nodding, leaning further into the couch. "Yeah." "And the outfit was his idea." "Yeah." "Damn, you stole my bitch." Armin rolls his eyes. "You literally called everyone Eren's bitch, I wasn't yours, to begin with."

Y/n leans forward to sip from the water, and Armin freezes. "I didn't mean it like that-" "No it's fine..." She sets the cup down on the table. She was on the floor while the two were raised on the couch, comfortable. Y/n can recall every time as a kid, her mother would let company sit in the good chairs and have the good things, while Y/n wasn't granted that. She was just a puppet to use. And even in therapy, she was. "I'm sorry, actually." Eren's brows furrow. "For what, calling everyone-" "And punching you in the face." Eren deadpans. "Okay, fuck you." Y/n cackles. "No but seriously, I am sorry." Armin looks at her with concern. "But there's nothing to-" "I hurt the both of you... Especially Eren physically, but that's beside the point-"

Y/n clears her throat. "I don't know all of what I did, but I know I wasn't the- the best friend I should have been, and I'm sorry for that... I just wanted to make everyone feel loved because I wasn't used to it, or never really got it, I'm not sure," Y/n awkwardly chuckles, rubbing the back of her neck before continuing, "I'm just happy you all are okay with me coming back, and still accepting me-" "You weren't that bad." Y/n froze, looking up to the brunette. "Huh?" "You were still nice, and I deserved the punch."

Y/n couldn't help the curve of her lips. She hadn't talked to Eren about a lot of what he went through, and she knew she shouldn't have punched him, but she was happy the two were still okay. "And if anything, we should be apologizing." At that, Y/n's brows furrow. "What?" "We ghosted you-" "And didn't do anything to help you, Y/n," Armin continues, "You were breaking down, burnt out- Whatever, and we just didn't seem to care or realize..." Her mouth opens to combat, but Armin speaks over her. "And if you're going to use the 'we have lives too' excuse I'm punching you like you did Eren." Y/n chuckles, looking away as she felt her anxiety and guilt curl up in her body.

"Well, thanks, guys..." There was something wrong, though. "Onto another topic..." Y/n spared Eren a glance. "Where's Mikasa? I'd like to apologize to her too."

ᓚᘏᗢ

...I'm back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)... 

Had tons of writer's block- BUT now I have a plot again!!!!

also the chapters will soon change to 2nd pov because I've been writing w that a lottttttt

wc: 1.4k+