50: Question

School

"So, when are we supposed to leave?" Historia shut her locker, snapping the lock back on before facing the brunette

"So, when are we supposed to leave?" Historia shut her locker, snapping the lock back on before facing the brunette. "Sasha, again, it's this Thursday, we'll be there for one week and then come back home." Sasha opens her mouth, but before she could ask, Historia answered, "And yes, there will be snacks for the two-hour drive. No more!" That was the last thing she said, turning around and groaning to her girlfriend. Sasha walked away with a pout, heading over to homeroom. "Remind me to send out the email again." Ymir giggled lightly, patting the shorter's shoulder. "Shouldn't the adults be doing that?"

Historia shrugged, reaching her hand out to loop with the brunette's. "Since I'm on the committee, without Y/n, I have to do all this mandatory stuff. Ugh." Historia leans into Ymir's side as they walk. "I miss her- And why now of all times did she have to go on a trip!" She whines. Ymir chuckles, moving to open the door for the shorter. "You did the same. She must have-" "It's closer to the trip, Ymir. Of course, I have more work." Ymir rolls her eyes, walking after the blonde.

"Yeah, but-" "N/n!" The blonde rushed over to her spot, shoving past the tiny crowd of friends. "Hisu!" Ymir scoffed, following behind. "I thought I could only call her that," Ymir states, standing in between Jean and Connie. "Meh, she's the exception." Historia giggles into their difficult hug. Y/n was sitting in her usual spot, Historia hugging her from above. "Besides the point," Jean interrupts. "Did you see it?" Her brows furrow. "See what?" "The cheese museum." Y/n deadpans. "Why are you obsessed with that-" "It's valid." Y/n scoffs. "You're lactose intolerant!" "So is Sasha, but you don't see her stopping." "Well, she likes food. Your cheese thing is just weird." Historia earns a giggle from Y/n. "Okay, okay, whatever." Y/n pouts at Jean. "C'mon, I may not have seen it, but I could take you~" He lights up at that. "Really? I was thinking of taking Marco there."

Y/n's face scrunches in confusion as everyone nods at his words. Was she missing something, again? "Marco?" Jean's brows lift. "Oh right, while you were away for your trip, Marco and I got together." Y/n's face doesn't show shock, instead, she exclaims, "Um, okay, don't need to be so nonchalant! Congrats, horse face-" "Don't call me that!" Y/n giggles again, a hand covering her mouth as she leans forward on the table. "Okay, sorry, but honestly, I'm glad you realized you liked him." Jean lets a smile crack on his lip. "Whatever, I'm just pissed that you got to go on a trip and I had to stay here."

Y/n freezes, her face still bearing a smile. "Yeah... Um, next time I'll take you, promise." After those words are said, the teacher barges in. "Seats everyone!" Hange set down their papers and glanced towards the back. A smile graced their lips before they spoke,

"As you all know, in less than four days, we will be going to our designated place. We released this information Friday, but never said the place, obviously for anticipation." They smirk, crossing their arms and leaning back on their desk. "Four days at school, so four guesses! One..." They draw out, expecting the first to be Historia. Once her hand is raised, they nod in her direction, answer already on their tongue. "Is it Paris?" Multiple laughs erupt from the students. "Not funny!" The blonde shouts, getting a pat on the back from Ymir. "No, Historia, that is too far and expensive..." They nod near Jean, the brunette next to him asking, "Somewhere in America?" Hange nods, a smile on their lips.

"Technically, I shouldn't have answered that since you didn't say a specific place, but I'm feeling generous since we have a half-day- and our friend is back." They wink towards the middle at the h/c haired girl, her eyes staring at her desk. They chuckle when she gets shoved by Armin, her gaze finding theirs. "Okay, okay, two more guesses- and I'd like new voices!" At their words, people start to shrink in on themselves before a ravenette raises her hand. "New York?" Hange shakes their head. "Nope, closer than that." Immediately after Hange stopped talking, a familiar hand was raised. Hange smiled. "Y/n?" "Chicago?" Hange hums. "Bingo! I'll let you whisper while I get ready for first period- No shouting!"

Little whispers are sparred, Armin turning to Y/n. "How'd you get it that quickly?" Y/n would have heard him. Y/n would have heard him if she wasn't so focused on the ravenette. "Y/n-" "Is Mikasa okay?" Armin's brows raise. "What?" Her brows furrow, bottom lip tucking in between her teeth. "Is Mikasa okay- Has she been like this since I left?" Armin chuckled. "Um-" "I didn't mean to sound like it was all about me I just-" "Y/n, you're okay, okay?" Armin pats her shoulder, letting his hand rest there for comfort as he says, "Not to share Mikasa's business, but she's been trying to better herself for you... tiny things like reading books and watching-" "Like me!" Y/n exclaimed, engrossed in the similarity between you two. He smiles in admiration. "Yes, Y/n. Just like you." His eyes drag from her moving ones to the grey ones. Her mouth was slightly open, her face, blank with a sheen of longing. Why couldn't she just go over there?

"Remember, this semester ends on Wednesday!" Everyone shoves the other, making their way through the tiny homeroom door. Hange whines, seeing Moblit dashing in the hallway. "Mx. Zoe?" At their title, Hange looks up. "Y/n!" She smiles at their enthusiasm. "Hi, teach, I was wondering if you had any-" "No, no work." Y/n's brows furrow. She hesitantly smiles as she asks, "Why not?" Hange shrugs, their chin relaxing on their knuckles. "Because of your straight A's, the principal gave you a break, most haven't started a new unit, so you're okay, Y/n. All caught up!" Y/n's face seems to drop, her face unsure of what to show. "Wh-what?" Hange inhaled, trying to formulate a sentence.

"Y/n... You don't have any makeup work... You'll have the work from today but-" "But why not?" Before Hange can speak again, a ring erupts. "Ms. Zoe?" "Zeke, one-" Hange looks ahead again, finding the student gone from their classroom. "Um... Was Y/n in here?" Zeke chuckles. "Yeah, she just rushed out while I was speaking... Can I ask for your signature though?" Hange shoots him a confused look. "For the new books?" Hange makes an acknowledging sound while motioning him toward them.

ᓚᘏᗢ

wc: 1.1k+