38: Car talk

Car - After School

The sun decorated the car as Lunes drove

The sun decorated the car as Lunes drove. Y/n inhaled, seated in the back behind her mother, she felt the unwanted tension building up in her body. She focused on faking sleep as Armin and Lunes talked.

"Oh, that's pretty far away." Armin nodded, fidgeting with his fingers and holding back the urge to look at Y/n. "Yeah, um, I thought it would be nice for a change of scenery." Lunes nods. "Yeah, I went to Japan once. Let me see..." Lunes snaps her fingers. "I was sixteen!" Armin's eyes widen. "Sixteen?" Lunes giggles. "I know, shocker, but my parents traveled a lot for work, so sometimes I'd go with my dad or mom to huge places in the summer." Lunes glances in the rearview mirror, a pout on her lips. "Hmph, I thought Y/n would have told you by now." Armin shakes his head. "Well, I guess my stories can get a bit too much." Y/n fights the urge to roll her eyes as Armin nibbles on his bottom lip, keeping the conversation going, "Where else did you go?"

Lunes sighs in nostalgia. "Well, for Japan I was mainly at a very fancy hotel in Tokyo, after that we came back to America, boring I know... But I know before that there was Rome, Dubai, Bangkok, Paris-" Lunes is interrupted by a chuckle. "Is there something funny?" He shakes his head. "No, no, it's just Historia really wants to go again." Lunes nods in acknowledgment. "Yeah, they have good macrons." The two chuckle. "When did you stop going?" "Eighteen, was when I was forced into college," Lunes enunciates with her dramatic hand gestures, stopping at a red light.

"I spent five years getting a master's in a degree I didn't want until I saved up and left for Shiganshina!" Armin smiles at her enthusiastic energy. "What was the degree?" She clears her throat. "Teaching," she said with regret. Armin hums. "Do you have some type of vendetta against teaching?" She shrugs. "My parents didn't really see anything for me besides that, or being a therapist." Armin quirks a brow. "And what were their jobs?"

Turning the corner with one hand she answers Armin's question, "My mom was a geologist and photographer while my father was a doctor." Lunes pulls in front of a massive restaurant. "Sorry, if I'm prodding too much, but why did he travel?" Lunes inhales, parking her car.

"So, you think I'm not good enough?" "Never said that," Her mother mumbled with a smirk, wiggling the colorful fake money in front of her daughter's face. "Fine! Fine! I'll give you my apartment, but I swear there are consequences, ma'am!" Lunes chuckles with her beautiful mom.

Her mom was short with light blue hair and highlights of baby pink and had the skin of Gods, smooth and perfect accompanied by her bulbous nose. "Okay, okay, I understand! Fuck, Philip get that stick out of your ass!" Her father was tall, very tall with a sturdy stature and his skin was more on the rough side. Back then, Lunes only remembered the details that made her parents stick out, but now she can barely remember their eye color.

Her mother cleared her throat. "Could you get some water for me, Lunes?" Lunes nods, a bright smile on her lips as she gets up and walks to the tiny kitchen.