61: Party time

Hotel

"Have any of you seen Y/n?" Mikasa asks, fingers digging into her scalp as she looks at the tousled sheets

"Have any of you seen Y/n?" Mikasa asks, fingers digging into her scalp as she looks at the tousled sheets. Historia shakes her head, tapping her brush on the edge of her blush pallet. "No, I thought she was with you." Mikasa shakes her head, looking around for her bag. "No, I went for a run-" "That explains it." Mikasa's brows furrow. "What-" "You scared her off with your stamina- Ouch! Ymir!" The taller rolls her eyes at her girlfriend, moving beside her to brush her teeth. "Even I have a limit to your teasing, babe. But maybe she went to get breakfast." Mikasa sighs, sitting on her bed. "No, breakfast doesn't open until seven. And even then she'd bury herself in her bed before getting up that early again." Historia snickers.

"Yeah, that h/c-haired bitch really changed since she came back from her trip... I don't think it's a bad thing though." Ymir hums at her girlfriend's words, holding her toothbrush away from her foamy lips. "I mean, I know that she's healing from burnout, but honestly, I've never seen her glow this much. She's saying weird shit now too- the looks are the worst." Historia hums, zipping her makeup bag and moving to her toothbrush. "Yeah, she has this longing feeling that radiates off of her." Mikasa waits patiently for the blonde to explain, water hitting her toothbrush before she opens her mouth. "The first time I thought it was a glitch, but then she did it again and again. Maybe it was because of you, Mikasa, but ever since I saw her again she's had these words on her tongue. She'll open her mouth, pause, look in between two people, and then smile saying what people want to hear. She's happy for them, she's sorry, she's..." "Selfish." Historia almost squeals at Ymir's finishing word.

"Yes! She's had a look of regret for months, now that I'm thinking about it. I don't really know why though, and don't think it's my place to ask." Historia starts brushing her teeth, Ymir rinsing her mouth and continuing for Historia, "I think her parents did some traumatic things, even when I first-first met her-" "That's a long time back." "Hisu, you're pushing it." Mikasa hears a chuckle before Ymir's voice flows back into the conversation. "She looked sorry to be around others, clinging to her mom and feeling bad for it. One night I remember her just full-on balling because she got a ninety on a difficult quiz that barely anyone passed- Feel bad for Sasha and Connie..." Historia snickers at her girlfriend's comment. "Anyway, I think after she came back from her trip it decreased until she went around her friends and it was back..." Ymir turns around, glancing at Mikasa. "What about you two, any fighting?" The ravenette shakes her head. "No, we've been pretty good." Ymir hums. "Well, then she's most likely getting closure from Armin. She's been around him a lot lately." Historia grumbles something about their friendship before rinsing her toothbrush.

"Hey, have you seen Armin?" It was now eight forty in the morning, everyone with breakfast in front of them, Sasha specifically. "I was going to ask you if you've seen Y/n." Eren's brows furrow. "I swear if they're fucking-" "Hey! Have faith," Historia says, sitting down and waiting for her girlfriend. "They're both fairly fluid." Historia's face scrunches. "Please don't describe my best friend as fluid- And besides, Y/n needs some stuff from the store, deodorant and perfume I think..." Historia ponders, tapping her chin with a furrow to her brows. "What do you mean?" Mikasa asks this question, leaning forward as she gulps down cereal. "She forgot-" "It's in her drawer." Historia's eyes widen like globes, her breathing caught in her chest. "Right... Right, I knew that. I meant to say I needed it! She must be out with 'Min to get it... for me..." Mikasa's jaw clenches and Eren speaks, "Historia, you really shouldn't lie, Mikasa tends to worry a lot." Historia nods, cursing herself for ratting out her friend, but also curious as to where her friend is. "Well, you shouldn't. You have no reason to not trust Y/n." The truth is, Mikasa doesn't have a reason not to trust her, but if Y/n knew, she'd have a reason not to trust her.