64: Afraid

Living room

Mikasa's grip is oddly tight as she holds your shoulder, forcing you closer to her

Mikasa's grip is oddly tight as she holds your shoulder, forcing you closer to her. "Can we please not argue-" "Not until you agree-" "Lizzo will always be better-" "We can't hang out anymore-" "You guys, take it outside!" The two blink at Historia's words before grumbling and leaving. "Gods, they can never get along." You giggle and Mikasa falls in love even more. "They're just dumb because sad music solos everything." "Are you depressed or something, Y/n?" Ymir laughs at Historia's words and you have an urge to poke her eyes out with the high heels on your feet. "Ymir, I wasn't being that funny." Historia quickly corrects her with a side eye and you hear a meek apology leave her lips. "Anyway- Y/n, can you go get Armin from outside, I need him for the game we're about to play." You nod, and Mikasa's grip tightens on you. "Babe, I know you're comfy, but c'mon." You chuckle, a tease on your tongue before you look into her eyes.

Oh.

She's afraid.

Outside

Armin's body shakes as the flimsy formal shirt does nothing to keep him warm. He wants to check the time, he wants to go get you, but looking at the brunette in front of him, he can't lose. It's like a staring contest, except if he looks away, he'll give Eren the satisfaction of breaking him. "You..." His voice is weak, trembling just like his body, but he can't help it. As long as he looks into his emerald eyes and tells him that he's a terrible person, then he wins... He'll get closure and hopefully won't feel bad when he doesn't tell the h/c-haired girl inside, everything is fine.

"It was before we started dating, 'Min." His voice is calm. Is he okay with losing Armin, or has he come to the conclusion that no matter what, he has tried his hardest to treat the blonde with respect- love... But his past isn't excusable. He deserves this, he knows. "You... You kissed Mikasa before she- she fucked Y/n!?" He meant it as a question, though it came out as a scream of hatred, his voice hurting from the volume. Eren tried to think of how to calm Armin, yet everything he did in the past- pat his back, whisper reassuring words, hold him late into the night while crying- that... that all felt wrong coming from him. Armin deserves better. "I'm sorry Armin-" "Don't." His eyes were red, nose dripping with snot, and lips wobbling. He wanted to stop Mikasa from saying those words. They may have been friends, but at what cost... Was he her therapist too? "Eren... I- I love you." His words were of pain and truth.

"I love you too, Armin-" "Really?" Eren froze. Yes, he wanted to say yes, except the moment Armin's pained eyes left his, he crumbled. "I tried so hard to get you to not be disgusted with me, 'Ren. I saw the looks you gave me after I said I was bisexual. I saw how you looked at Y/n with like because she was a bisexual girl... I- I love you so much, but I don't think you've changed at all, 'Ren. Your attitude is better, don't get me wrong..." Armin crossed his arms, caving in on himself as he watched the ground underneath him soak in the few tears that dared to fall to the ground, away from the argument. He wanted to be his lost tears for a second because at least they had a purpose. "I just- I haven't seen you put in the work- Telling me about this would've been a start!" Eren let Armin speak. Armin needed to say everything he felt, and Eren needed to sit and take it. Eren couldn't say anything. "I... I don't know what it's like to be you, and I can only sympathize, but... Eren, I... I want an explanation."