3: New hair, new discovery

In the kitchen 

*Snip snip*

A single mother with her h/c hair pulled back was cutting dark raven hair with sharp scissors. The teen sitting on a medium, wooden, brown stool was staring into a young replica of the woman behind her. She was sitting in front of Mikasa, holding her hands as she admired the old worn hair falling, excitement twinkling in her e/c eyes. The final snip commenced, and a sigh left the mother. ''Okay, tell me how you like this." She holds out a handle mirror, continuing, "We can go shorter.'' Mikasa freezes looking into the mirror, she sees a new self. "I'm in love with it, how do you feel?" Y/n asks gawking at the beauty in front of her. Her mother sighs. "Didn't ask you, dumbass." But the h/c haired girl doesn't seem to notice her comment, enveloped with Mikasa's grey eyes.

Mikasa shifts her gaze to look at Y/n in her waiting eyes. She turns away, answering, "I'm in love with it." Lunes looks at Mikasa's face. Her eyes widen, realizing something her daughter is blind to. "Y/n, mind getting the broom and sweeping this up for me? I'll help Mikasa with some hair care." "Sure, mom." Y/n gets up and heads to a closet as Mikasa and Lunes go to the farthest bathroom. When they get there, Mikasa looks in the mirror, Lunes playing with some of the strands. "It suits you," Lunes comments, comforting Mikasa about the change. "Thank you, this was fun. I mean, I haven't been here in a while."

Lunes grabs a couple of products from a cabinet. The bathroom only had enough space to move around. There was a clear mirror that opened into a cabinet, a cream color sink with storage underneath, pale blue walls, dull lights, and all-white floor tiles; bright white from extreme sanitization. "Yeah, you've really changed- not in a bad way- shit let me start over." She put a rag under warm water and after ringing it out she wiped it around Mikasa's neck and ears. "You seem a lot more vibrant and tougher. Not to mention, I bet you can get whatever you want at the snap of your fingers." The mother nudges Mikasa, who smiles.

"It's all thanks to the people I have around me, including your daughter." Lunes bites her lip to suppress a smile. "Tell me more." Lunes puts down the rag and brushes Mikasa's smooth black hair. "Well, everyone has their part. You help me with being a mom figure- same as Carla. Eren still has most of my trust, Armin is my best friend, Niccolo cooks the best food, and Sasha, Jean, and Connie, help me laugh." There's a spring to her lips. "Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie challenge me, and our teachers, they help me so much." She sighs. "Then there's Y/n. Y/n, she- she really, really makes me smile. She'll give me the answers for homework, help me study, organize, cook, be the light when I'm in the clouds, and she gives me this pleasant, warm feeling that I never want to go away. I really like her out of all our other friends." Her eyes sparkle with hope and- feeling. Lunes can tell. Without thinking she whispers, "When did Y/n capture your heart?"

 Mikasa stares at Lunes through the mirror, shock written all over her face. She thought her mind made it up because Lunes didn't appear affected. "All done," Lunes states. She turns the metal lavatory handle, leading Mikasa out. As said before, Lunes spoke without meaning to. She was eager to get out of the close space with Mikasa so she wouldn't crumble. "So, all that will change is your usual hair routine is shortened. If you want, come over before school and I'll help you style it, love. Y/n, where are you?" Lunes looks around while taking off her apron. "Here." Shuffling is heard before she comes into sight. "Sorry, Armin called, but I got all the hair and stuff cleaned up." She smiles looking for approval from her mother. "Thank you, Y/n," Lunes says with a head pat.

But what was seen by neither was Mikasa's jealous look. Deep down, she wanted to be Armin or a man Y/n could love without worry. Y/n waltzes over to Mikasa, picking a strand of her hair up and twiddling it between her thumb and pointer finger. Y/n's eyes wander everywhere over Mikasa. "I still can't get over this beautiful look," She says and Mikasa's heart couldn't take it anymore. She wanted this moment to never end, but everything good always comes to an end. Y/n smiles wider, turning to her mother, and the omnipresent person is brought up again. "Armin said he wanted to get coffee and since I'm all done cleaning, may I pretty please go?" Y/n has her infamous puppy dog eyes out that turn her mother guilty every time. Lunes looks her daughter in the eyes and signals her to leave. She looks up and notices Mikasa. Devastation marks Lunes's complexion. Mikasa was desolate.

Lunes tried to grab Mikasa before she left, but it was too late. Lunes was left alone, in an empty house.

Mikasa went next door and opened the house with a key that was under a rock. She walks in and sets her black slides on the shoe cart. Mikasa went up the staircase and towards her room next to Eren's. Before she closed her door, Eren's opened. He had heard her come in. "Thought you'd take longer," Eren asked, fixing his hair into a bun as he made his way over to the bathroom, leaving the door open. ''No, Y/n had to go meet Armin.'' Eren looks at her through the bathroom mirror and pulled out floss.

"Armin, huh?" Eren flosses between his top teeth moving to the bottom. "Yes?" She looks at him confusedly wondering why he needed her to repeat. He finishes flossing and tosses the used floss in the trash under the sink. He gets out a bottle of moisturizer from under the sink and squeezes a generous amount out. He gently pats it over his skin, continuing, "They seem to be going out a lot. Maybe Jean was right." Mikasa shifts her feet, moving one in front of the other to the destination outside the bathroom. He continues, "I know, I know, Jean's right, unbelievable, except he looks happy, like the bubbling feeling you get when liking someone. I know he'd- they'd be happy together. They fit, right? I guess that's how you put it."

Mikasa's face scrunches up, but a part of her knew he was right. Her face relaxes as she exhales. Eren turns around and makes his way out of the bathroom towards the stairway. "Want dinner? I think my mom is doing work, but she did say there are leftovers from yesterday's dinner." Mikasa nods with an undetectable smile, he cheered her up just as Y/n does. They walked down the shiny brown staircase, heading to the kitchen. Mikasa got the bowls as he got the leftover stir-fry. Mikasa went to the living room and shifted the couch and coffee table to make more room before she laid a blanket down with tons of pillows surrounding it.

Eren comes out with scalding bowls burning his hands as he hands one to Mikasa. "Careful, you might burn yourself." He scoffs. "What are you, my mom?" Mikasa rolls her eyes as Eren picks up the remote, turning the television on. "No, but I am a person who can actually pick good shows." Mikasa quips, grabbing the remote, and making Eren's jaw drop. "Harsh." She side-eyes him, causing him to tense up. "What?" "Nothing ma'am." They burst out laughing. Eren wipes off some of his tears, and Mikasa chooses the best show.

At a café in Downtown Shiganshina

"I love you, but as a friend, I hope you understand,-" A conversation between two teens started, no heartbreak just a conversation. "Armin, because I'm in love with-"  

ᓚᘏᗢ

I hope you enjoyed reading! Have a great day and treat your body with kindness it did nothing wrong(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤️~

wc:1k+