27: Apologies forgotten

Carla's house

Mikasa rushed over and grabbed Y/n by the waist, pulling her away from him

Mikasa rushed over and grabbed Y/n by the waist, pulling her away from him. "Let- let go, Mikasa!" Y/n had him by the collar and landed one punch to his face before Mikasa took her away. She was wiggling and pushing Mikasa's arms away, knuckles hurting. "Stop squirming." She grunted against the h/c-haired girl.

Armin rushed over to Eren, helping him steady himself. "The fuck Y/n!" He yelled, wiping the blood she caused from his nose. Armin tried to help more but Eren didn't acknowledge him, passing him by and not accepting any help from him. A sadistic glance passed her features. "Whatever you did to Armin he didn't deserve it!"

Eren showed no emotion besides anger, brows furrowed, fists gripped. A part of him knew what he said wasn't deserved, and he was straight, so why did he say it? "Gods, you and your fucking savior complex-" Y/n's brows furrowed. "Gods, you think you're so high and mighty, Eren?" Y/n scoffed. "You're just like your dad, I mean- Look at you." The air was thick, no one liked what was happening, yet it didn't stop. "You hurt people and you don't care about anything that isn't you, Eren Yeager." Y/n sniffled, Mikasa's grip loosening, to check on her. "Really, Y/n? Because the last time I checked, I didn't tell anyone that I hate them." Y/n's face dropped, turning away from Mikasa's hand and Eren's confrontation. "And I don't care that I'm like Grisha... I mean at least I have a dad who stayed."

Y/n's water-filled eyes find his. Her quick breaths in and out drown the atmosphere. "You don't have anything to offer." Y/n walks and pushes Eren towards the bathroom door, heading behind him to Armin. She grabs his wrist and makes her way to the treacherous staircase. And even though she doesn't have a chance. The girl is dating him, and they only hooked up once. Who knows if she even had true feelings for her? Against all odds, she takes a chance. "Y/n, wait please!" She turned around, salty tears falling against her puffed cheeks, e/c eyes swarming with hurt and disgust. She was disgusted with Mikasa. "Just- Just calm down and-" Her chances weren't as high as she hoped. "I do hate you, Mikasa. You're just like him. His bitch," her words were a whimper. Y/n turned back around tightening her grip on Armin as though he'd disappear, leave her.

The two walked past the cold tea cups and warm pizza smell. "Y/n we shouldn't leave-" She paused right before the door. "The fuck did he say to you, Armin?" Armin's eyes were puffy, cheeks red, snot threatening his nose. "Y/n, let's just think about this." She wiped her tears away, grabbing her shoes and his. "No, whatever the fuck he did to make you like that, he at least deserved physical pain." She tossed his shoes towards him, shoving hers on. "Y/n you're angry over noth-" "Fine, I am." She huffed. "And I'll regret this, but I won't regret defending my friend." She leans to grip his hand. "My boyfriend, right?" She teases with a waver.

A knock sounds at her door, and she groans, patting for her phone. Once she touches the cold software, she shoves it to her face, hissing at the bright light. "7...50...Who in the-"

Lunes marched to her door, a cozy white blanket enveloping her. She calmed herself before opening the door to two young kids. Armin and Y/n. It was as though they'd come home from school, not an A in sight, balling their eyes out. "Mom, I'm terrible," Y/n had whined. Lunes would have chuckled. Would have if it was back then. Though, in front of her were two eighteen-year-olds, mature features, taller with different personalities than ten-year-olds, almost sobbing.

One look and she opened the door wider. "Come in. I'll make hot chocolate." The two found themselves changing in separate rooms, like before, sitting on the couch, the only difference being hot chocolate in their hands, and Lunes, not Carla. "Carla called me. I told her you two came here." Y/n and Armin nodded, his blue ocean eyes meeting Lunes's and Y/n's meeting the clean floor. The air was thick, though not as thick as before.

"You two can share a bed, right?" "Yes, ma'am," Armin confirms, sipping from his cup of chocolate. She nods, with a chuckle. "Okay, sir Armin." Armin smiled, feeling a little flame of solace rekindle in him. Lunes nibbled her bottom lip. "Actually Armin, would you mind, you know." Lunes motions to the girl beside him. He nods, standing up with his hot chocolate. "I'll go in your room, Y/n." Y/n nods, still staring at the ground. Armin leaves, a smile of appreciation from Lunes.

Now it was just Lunes and Y/n. Y/n's fingers fidgeted, mind overwhelmed, hot chocolate on the coffee table in front of her. Lunes stared at Y/n, setting her cup down, a couch chair away from Y/n.

"So?" Y/n doesn't move at Lunes's comment, stuck to the couch. "Okay, I was a bit abrasive yesterday, but I am your mother..." She gulps when Y/n still does nothing. Eyes skimming her figure, she breathes out. "Do something. Anything." Y/n is a block of ice, unmoving. Lunes's bottom lip wobbles. "You can yell at me, hit me, cuss. Anything, Y/n just talk to me, please!" Lunes sniffles. Y/n adjusts her seating, stating, "I'm sorry for being a disappointment." Lunes gasps, shaking her head she gets up and sits a mountain's distance away from the h/c-haired girl, against Lunes's wants. "No, no, you aren't. You aren't I- I was drunk and dumb-" "Like with dad?" Lunes whimpers, wiping away her flowing tears.

"No, Y/n. Dumb as in I'm like my mom." Y/n gulps, finding it hard to swallow that knot in her throat, tears threatening to spill. "I never liked my mom, and my dad was a dick, but I think I see a part of myself in you, Y/n. And if anything I'm the disappointment." Y/n sniffles, face scrunching as she breaks apart, tired eyes meeting her mother's somber hues.

"Mom-" Lunes simply nods as Y/n falls into her arms. "I'm so sorry, Y/n." She rubs her back up and down as Y/n's sobs fill the room. "I tried to raise you differently. I took you away from every toxic situation, and yet, I- I didn't account for me being the toxic one. Like my mom." Y/n tries to interrupt, but her mother silences her more. "I never wanted you to hate me like my mom- the way she treated me... Y/n, I am sorry... I'm so sorry and I'll get better, okay? I promise."

Y/n nods against her chest, rising to look at her, eyes puffy just like her mother's. "Ma, I did some fucked up shit- so if anything, I think I'm the toxic one..." Lunes shakes her head, wiping ongoing tears from Y/n's eyes. A smile appears on her face as she says, "no, you have a high sense of value, and just because you punched Eren doesn't mean shit." Y/n's bottom lip wobbles.

She was being seen by her mother, not as an ignorant, self-absorbed brat, but as a child who needed help understanding their emotions. "You knew?" Lunes nodded, taking her daughter's hands in hers. "Carla's really one to gossip." The two chuckle. A beat of silence passes before Y/n speaks up once more. "I think Eren said something to Armin, and it caused him to break...um, he's not one to break so- I'm s-" "Say sorry, and I'll punch you like you did to Eren." Y/n chortles, gripping her mother's hands, love warming her heart.

"I barely hurt him but thanks, mom." Lunes rolls her eyes, leaning forward and pinching her daughter's cheeks, pulling them in all sorts of directions. "Dumbass, I was the one who fucked up... and as for Armin, he can hold his own." Y/n nodded with a furrow to her brows, but she was like Carla; one to gossip. "And Eren can't take shit so-"

ᓚᘏᗢ

I got 'gay test' as an ad 🕴️

WC: 1.3k+