49: Rooms

L/n's bathroom

Her h/c hair needed trimming

Her h/c hair needed trimming. She looked in the mirror, her eye bags were slowly fading, and her lips weren't as chapped since she could dive into her vaseline and Carmex collection. But her hair was longer. She didn't know whether to hate it or like it. It was only an inch or two longer, not noticeable by anyone. Except, when you got close enough, let's say pushing your cheek to the mirror's reflection, you could tell there was more than before. She exhaled, moving away from the mirror to wash her face. Her mind didn't flood with thoughts, and her body was relaxed. She was at home, in a bathroom where she could lock herself away in, sleep in the tub or take a shower in. She felt okay here, rather than in her room, it was weird. "Hey, pretty princess~"

The blonde must have grown taller. Y/n gazed at her through the mirror. "Hey, Y." Yelena smiled, ear to ear. "I'm glad you're calling me that again, I thought I did something wrong." She chuckled, grabbing the fresh washcloth she put aside. "Never-ever." Yelena came closer, waiting for the younger to turn around. "I missed you." "I missed you too." Yelena hugged Y/n tightly. Her arms rubbed up and down. Y/n relished in the homely feeling, her arms wrapping around Yelena's neck so she can listen to her heartbeat. "You all better?" Yelena knew her. Ever since the two met, they knew they were just escaping. They knew, in the end, neither of them would end up together. No matter what, the other's heart would belong to someone else. Someone better was out there for both of them.

"No." Though, even then, the two still managed to be there, waiting for one another. "Want to cry?" Y/n stilled. "Apologize?" Yelena's brows furrowed, letting the younger go before backing up to look her up and down. "You or me?" Y/n chuckled lightly, turning around to grab moisturizer and sunscreen. "I want to apologize to you." The blonde rolled her eyes, moving to lean against the door frame. "You really are not healed." Y/n scoffed. "Fuck you." "Now you can apologize for that," Yelena teased, watching Y/n smear liquid onto her skin. "Thank you for your permission, my queen." Yelena hummed. "Anytime."

After shutting the moisturizer bottle, Y/n picked up the sunscreen, pausing to inhale. "I'm sorry, Y." She unscrewed the cap, a waft of nostalgia hitting her from the smell. "I used you- And I know you used me too, but it's different. We both took part in..." "Fucking?" Y/n shoots Yelena a playful glare through the mirror. "...Yes." Y/n can't help the smile that seeps through her as she smears sunscreen on her skin. "But I never wanted to hurt you, and, well, my feelings did." Yelena shoots Y/n a deadpan look through the mirror.

She screws the cap back on the bottle, setting it aside to rub in the product. "I liked you, is what I meant..." She waits, the air filling with nothing. No feelings, no tears, no shocked looks. They were okay. "I knew you liked Peick, or anyone really... But I couldn't help longing for your touch, even if you were touching me I wanted more, something more than touch." Y/n's hands stop smoothing her skin, dragging down to the corners of the sink. "I wanted you to look at me like you look at her... I wanted you to love me."

That's when Yelena stops breathing. Y/n doesn't notice though, she can't look up from the sink. She can't do anything but talk. "I loved you and kept wondering why I wanted more, more of anything as long as it was from you- And it still wasn't enough because of those feelings... They weren't my feelings." She smiles, a small, painful smile on her lips. "I loved you, and finding out you loved me back at a different time... I blamed myself. If I waited longer if I gave up on Mikasa- if I confessed..." Y/n's face blanks, her eyes closing. "I'm sorry for being toxic back... And I do love you, Yelena." She opens her eyes, slowly turning around. "I love you." Yelena catches her glossy eyes. "But I'm broken. I- I can't do anything besides sleep and breathe and I can't handle that I'm not the top student anymore." Y/n doesn't talk anymore, she can't when she's engulfed in two strong arms.

"It's okay." They rub up and down her back like she's sixteen again like it's her first night with the tall girl. "I'm here." They don't stop, and there's a kiss on her head of hair, the head of hair that's longer than before. "And I love you too, Y/n." She can't handle it. She grasps onto the back of her shirt, the shirt Y/n gave her that day. She lets her tears soak it, and tiny mumbles of pain drown out everything. "Everything will be okay."

"What did you say?" "Your hair," Yelena gestures to her bedhead. "Looks better longer." Y/n opens her mouth, a heavy scoff leaving. "I am offended." "Good." Y/n's mouth gapes open, her hand grasping the pillow under her to smother Yelena. "Rude!" "Don't hit me with a pillow!" "It only looks longer since I'm sweating." Yelena giggles at that, removing the pillow from her face. "Yeah, I fucked you good." "Vulgar- Dirty minded!" Y/n yells, kicking Yelena in the legs. "Ow! Ow!" She thumps onto the floor, her ass hitting the cold surface. "You wound me!" Y/n giggles, adjusting the covers around her body before laying across the bed to see Yelena butt naked against the ground. "I'm sorry." The blonde hums. "I'll forgive you if you give me my present~" Y/n rolls her eyes before focusing her gaze on the bag. "Okay, but lose your expectations." Yelena smiles, sitting up and walking to the bag.

She sits on the bed, petting Y/n's head before digging through the bag. "Oh~ What is this?" Yelena pulls out a black shirt, her favorite band member splayed over it with a splash of their favorite color behind. "You like it?" Yelena doesn't say anything, scrunching it up to herself before shoving it over her head and body. "How do I look?" Her smile is bright, outshining the sun and moon as she stares down at Y/n. That's when her heart skipped more than a beat, and the craving for her touch changed. "Gorgeous."

ᓚᘏᗢ

wc: 1.1k+