5: Someone else

A street in Trost District 

"If you change your mind, I'm always up for it

"If you change your mind, I'm always up for it." She scoffed, pulling away from the hug. "And as I told you, you don't need me, just ask out Eren already." She started walking away. "I love you, but you don't know when to give up on people," She whispered so he couldn't here

The (height), h/c haired, e/c eyed teen was walking back to her house, mind holding all her time. She breathed in the cool air, a tiny smile gracing her lips. She turned down Armin, wanting Eren and him to get together already, but she was so insecure. Deep down, Y/n thought Mikasa never had any attraction towards her, and with Mikasa being homophobic and uncomfortable with sexuality, her hunch was right.

Entering her house, she took off her shoes. Her mother was knocked out on the couch, the late-night news replenishing the air. She smiled, going to take a violet fluffy blanket to drape over her. Lunes shifted when she felt the plush tickle her skin. Squinting, she saw her beautiful daughter shutting off the tv. She groggily hummed, "When'd you get home?"

Y/n turned around. "Just now. Go back to sleep." Lunes sat up, wrapping the blanket around herself she pats the cushion next to her. "Sit." "...Okay." Sitting down, her mother moves Y/n's head to her shoulder. "So... Armin." Y/n closes her eyes with a breath in she replies, "We're just friends, ma." "Mmm, that's what I said about a woman in college. We dated for five full years." "Woooow." Lunes flicks her head. Y/n rubs the pain a bit as her mother wraps the blanket around them both. "Okay, Ms. Rude. As I was saying, the five years were magnificent." Y/n looked up at Lunes, her e/c eyes glistened with curiosity. "What happened?" Lunes sighs, and hugged Y/n tighter, nestling her nose into Y/n's hair, and looked forward, detached.

"I met your father, and was really drunk." Y/n looked down, her mother's voice was wobbling. "But as the infamous saying goes "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." She strokes Y/n's left cheek. "A bit painful, but true nonetheless." Y/n sits, facing her mother, one leg off the couch the other bent into herself. "Even though I wish it lasted longer. You were the best part of meeting your father." Lunes grabs her hands in hers. Massaging them she whispers. "I love you so much, Y/n. Just please, know that you're so fucking amazing." Y/n's face heats. "I love you too, bestest mom, always." "Not a word!"

After the heartfelt interaction, they have leftovers while watching the news. Now, Y/n walks upstairs and gets ready for bed. She dresses in an old t-shirt and shorts. Y/n brushed and flossed her teeth before scrolling on her phone. She got a notification from her mother.

Favoriteparent ma<3 started a new conversation at 10 pm

Favoriteparent ma<3

love, don't forget to at least get 8 hours

good night

pancakes in the morning

Me

I love you, good night until morning<3

She tapped around until she felt the cold rectangle in her hands slowly slide away. Even if she didn't want to sleep, her eyes started to shut- until she heard a ring from her phone, a familiar one. She opened her eyes and leaned over her bed to grab her phone from the floor. The vibrations almost made her room shake. She brought the screen to her eyes, the light overwhelming her a bit before she swiped answer. "What do you need?" Her voice was a bit rough. "You're going to reply like that?" "Shut it, I know you're obsessed with me." A chuckle comes from the phone. "I'm guessing your beauty sleep is being disturbed?" She crawls back into her bed, under the covers snuggling into them. "Yeah, like you'd have any idea what the time difference is." A pause.

Y/n sits up in her bed, unused hand balancing behind her. "Are you still there, or did the connection cut out?" "I'm still here." She sleepily smiles. "So, what's with the pausing, or are you actually going to let me sleep?" A hum is heard. "Maybe, but I was also thinking if you'd let me in, you'd be able to sleep better." Y/n's brows furrow. "Nice try, I'm staying in bed." The same chuckle is heard. "Suit yourself." Another pause, then a knock, loud in the night silence. Y/n's eyes widen. She clears her throat. "This isn't a funny joke. The last time-" "Yes, yes I know, you were extremely pissed and I had to beg your mom to get you to answer me." Y/n plants her feet on the floor. "It's nine at night." "I can read-" "I'm trying to prove that I'm not deceiving you again."

Y/n pauses. She takes a deep breath in and removes the phone from her ear, hanging up. Outside her house was someone in a coat, standing in front of the door. A phone was by their ear. "...Y/n are you still there...?" Realizing she had hung up, they put the phone back into their pocket. They sighed a humongous breath out. They put their duffle bag down and went searching for a key around the floor.

What the mysterious person didn't realize was that Y/n had hung up to not wake her mother whilst sneaking down the hallway. She tiptoed down the stairs, using her socks to slide to the front door, not even a creak being heard. Y/n wrapped her hand around the doorknob. "Gods, she better be here." She slowly rotated the metal and pushed forward. At first, she saw nothing out of the ordinary, clean grass, a couple of buckets stacked on top of each other, and a hose piled near them. But when she opened more she saw a figure knelt. They were searching on the ground. Y/n saw a duffle bag near them.

She drew the conclusion that said person didn't realize she had come out. She knew who it was, but she didn't want to give in. She slowly stepped outside, her socks drowning in the freezing cement. She made sure the door was opened just a bit and then her plan began. She knotted her t-shirt so it would stay still, and then picked up the duffle bag. She tossed it at the figure making the crouched person tumble forward. Giggles were heard. "Are you serious, Y/n?" She rolled her eyes. "It's payback, Yelena." Pink found her cheeks, a chuckle escaping. "I haven't heard you say my name yet." Yelena starts to stand, and Y/n rushes to help her up. "Now who's the one obsessed with whom," Yelena smirks grabbing her bag from Y/n. "Okay, let's go inside before my mom wakes up." "No, your mom is already awake."

The two outside, freeze. Yelena looks behind Y/n and there stood Lunes. "Oh, Ms. Lunes-" "Ms. L/n." She corrects with an arched brow. Yelena rubs the back of her neck. "Right, Ms. L/n, I'm sorry for coming so late in the night. I-" "Nonsense, I'm not mad at that, but the noise you made, Y/n, disturbed my sleep. You have school tomorrow. Yelena, catch up tomorrow. And please, no more noise. I'll leave you two to the sleeping arrangements." Lunes leaves the door open, trudging back to her room. She lays on the plush covers, dozing off immediately.

"You still have the chill, fun mom I see." Y/n chortles, Yelena's hand caressing her spine. "Come in before she isn't." Y/n holds her wrist, walking inside.

Thank you for reading and 100 views you make me happy!!! Also I love Yelena which is why I added her!

wc:1k+