7: Carla

In Carla's kitchen

"Mikasa, good morning!" She stopped, staring forward where Carla Jaeger was

"Mikasa, good morning!" She stopped, staring forward where Carla Jaeger was. The conversation last night stuck with her. That almost solidified that she wanted Carla to be her mother. Though she already had parents, Carla was only a dream. "I- Good morning."

Carla closed the dishwasher, pressing buttons to start the cycle. "How was your rest? Better, or worse with juice in your system?" Mikasa sat down at the counter like the night before. "...Better being hydrated, haha." Carla hummed plating pancakes from the large serving plate for Mikasa. "I'm glad, how about your mind?" The plate's sound reverberated as it rested on the counter in front of Mikasa. Carla handed her the utensils. There was a pause before Mikasa grabbed them and started scarfing down pancakes. "Mhm! These are really good pancakes, too!" Her voice was muffled, still shoving pancakes into her mouth. Carla forced a chuckle, stopping Mikasa from shoving any more fluff into her mouth.

"If you don't want to talk about your feelings, just tell me, and I'll respect it." Mikasa smiled with cheeks full of steaming pancakes. "Fank you." Carla let out a hearty laugh. "Yeah- Eren, stop standing in the corner like a creep and come eat my cooking. They aren't that bad." Carla whispered the last part out.

Eren sat down next to Mikasa, starting to scarf down his own plate. Carla glanced in between the two teens. "Alright, what's going on with you both?" Mikasa and Eren look at each other. One second passes before they both cackle at each other's pancake-stuffed cheeks. Carla rolls her eyes with a smile. She places pancakes onto her own plate. "Oh, Eren I forgot to tell you, your brother came back from college yesterday." Eren stared at his mother swallowing down his bites. "Why isn't he here?" Carla sits down next to Eren. "He's coming home with your father now- And before you ask, you can't skip school to see him." Eren pouted.

A knock was heard. "Oh, I think that's Armin I told him I needed his mother's recipe." "Maaaaaaaaa!" Eren whined before she shushed him. Mikasa and Eren were left alone in the kitchen. Awkward silence. "So, I'm guessing she's back too." Mikasa glanced at Eren. "Who?" Eren gulped down some juice, his adam's apple bobbing. "Gods, who do you think?" Mikasa rolled her eyes. "Yelena... Zeke is back so, I'm guessing she is too..." Footsteps were approaching. "She..." A pin was in her throat. "Hey, Armin took my offer of pan...cakes- What's this atmosphere?" Eren turned around at the mention of Armin. There he was the bowl-cut blonde, and as always Armin offered a minuscule smile.

Armin sat down and everything was stiff after that. Mikasa and Eren already scarfed theirs down. Carla was observing the trio from afar. Armin ate a pancake before it was time for them to leave. "Bye, for now, ma!" She yelled a reply, and the three walked.

"Where's Y/n?" Eren asked. The wind whistled causing branches, roses, grass, daisies, and bushes to sway. Armin cleared his throat looking up at Eren. Eren was in the middle of Mikasa and Armin. "Yelena volunteered to walk Y/n into school." "How do you know that?" It was Eren again, yet Mikasa's eyes glimmered beside Eren. She wanted to know.

He glanced at Mikasa. "She texted me." Mikasa looked away. "I didn't know Yelena was back until today." Armin rubbed the back of his neck. "So Eren, since Yelena's back, is your brother here as well?" Eren glanced at Armin. His bobbed golden hair covered his eyes, just a little. "Oh- yeah he is! My mom pushed me out before I could stay though heh..." Armin brought his gaze up to him. The two had sparks in their eyes. The entire universe was in each hand. Why would they look away?

Eren's cheeks blossomed with roses. He was the first to look away and walk faster. "Come on, sloths." Armin chuckled, a bit hurt, though when he looked at Mikasa, he needed to ask. "Are you okay?" Mikasa looked ahead. "Yeah." Armin bit his lip. "Hey, Mikasa were friends too; separate from the others..." She side-eyed him. "Armin-" "I'm just saying if you want to maybe consider me as such without malice, that'd be nice." Armin's voice rose. She bit her inner cheek. "Armin, I didn't mean to treat you differently, it's just-" "You see me as a rival. " He sighs, and she lifts a brow in confusion. "Listen, Mika, it's good to have competition. Just see me as a friend too, okay?" She furrows both brows about to ask, "Wha-" "Hey!"

That voice caught her attention. She turned her head like lightning and she saw her. Sitting on the pavement was a blonde and brunette, and standing with a tilt and wave was the prettiest girl in the world, Y/n L/n. She had the school uniform of a skirt and a blouse with a vest. Forest green and tan beige with white accents. Yelena and Eren admired the waving girl, Yelena with her hand on her cheek, elbow against her knee that was bent, and Eren who man-spread with his hands on his bent knees, almost akin to Yelena's seating. "Hey!" This voice was closer.

Armin said it, accompanied by a wave back. Why didn't I think of that? Y/n started running forward at the same time Armin did. They both came crashing into each other mid-way, and the snorts escaping them were priceless. Mikasa caught up, being greeted by Y/n. "Hi, Mika!" She smiles a tiny smile. "Hi." Y/n's cheeks warmed, and she looked away, looping her arms with Armin. "You're all sloths." Armin chuckled. "You're too fast," Eren smirked. "You-" "Think before you speak." A stern voice said this. Eren dead-panned "Yeah, no sh-" "No cussing, either." She stood up, brushing her dark green pants. "But Y/n was-" "The world is not fair." Eren stood up as the others approached.

Yelena gripped Y/n's shoulder pulling her away from Armin. She rubbed up and down in a comforting sense and Mikasa's blood boiled. "Shouldn't you keep your distance?" It was like a command- warning. Yelena chuckled. "The lady likes it." Y/n looked away. Mikasa bit her tongue. "Y-you know, school will start soon, you should go, Yelena, nice briefing-" "I'm coming with." At that, everyone elses' eyes enlarge. "What? I thought you were just walking me to school." Y/n sounded anxious. Yelena made her voice light and fluffy. "I was... but I coincidentally have an internship here." Y/n scoffed, then sighed. "Y, you need to tell me these things." Yelena softly took Y/n's hand in hers kissing each knuckle in between her sentence. "Of course, I'll tell you next time, precious." Y/n's face heats. Mikasa looks in between the two. An uncommon feeling punches her in the face.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Thanks for reading, and 200+ reads!

wc: 1k+