26: When the rain stops

Carla's house

Armin stayed like that for the longest time, unmoving, just staring at the bathroom door

Armin stayed like that for the longest time, unmoving, just staring at the bathroom door. Why did Eren call him that?

"Come on- Come on- ugh." Y/n sighed, officially getting the dry shorts over her damp body. It was dim in the basement, yet she could still see the clothing of a dark gray plain shirt, small pocket over her right tit, fuzzy bright blue socks, and tight black shorts that stuck to her skin. She bit her lip, remembering the shorts Mikasa basically tore off her. She shook her head, leaning over to pick up the damp clothes she left on the cold basement floor. She froze, half crouched when the basement light shut off. She couldn't see anything, just random shapes that were monsters to her. Monsters terrifying her. She stood up fully and tried to shuffle forward, but the creaking of steps stopped her. Her eyes darted toward the noise. She gulped, wavering voice reaching out, "H-hey, 'Minnie this isn't funny...Armin?"

The noise increased. Steady feet came closer and closer until they were on the same floor as her. Nothing was illuminated so she had to rely on her foggy vision. Her hand cautiously felt beside her. The wall. She used that to lead her way toward a corner. She felt a presence, so close and intimidating. The floorboards creaked and Y/n dashed for the stairs. She huffed and her feet met one step before the back of her shirt was tugged, and she fell on a wall- no a chest.

Her shaky breaths didn't seise until the fluffy divine voice comforted her, "It's me, Y/n. You're okay." Y/n almost cried. She hadn't received reassurance from her mother in a couple of days and Mikasa's warm voice made her drown in comfort. She was brought back to the world when Mikasa circled her arms around Y/n's waist, squeezing tight as though she may disappear.

She chuckled, shoving down the tight knot in her voice, begging her to cry and hug and kiss and love Mikasa. "Not funny Mika, I thought you were a zombie." Mikasa's hearty chuckle echoed in the air. "Hey, don't laugh at me!" Y/n scoffed, trying to escape Mikasa's hold. She snuggled her head into the crook of her neck, sneering, "sorry, sorry, it's just... I've never heard your fears before." Y/n shifts, turning around in her arms, hands gripping her hoodie collar. "Zombies are a completely-" "Yeah, I'm sure," Mikasa interrupts, meeting the e/c eyes that captured her years ago."Okay, I'm sorry that I don't have your high tolerance for fear." Mikasa smiles, an exhale from her nose. Y/n watched the gray eyes gleam in the dark, the only source of light she had.

Suddenly it was all too quiet. The air held too much existence. Y/n wanted to escape, but this was Mikasa. If Mikasa Ackerman wasn't running, why would she? "Y/n..." Y/n hummed, understanding filling her lips. "Mikasa, I... I don't know what happened last night, but if-" Mikasa exhaled, loosening her hold on Y/n. "Yeah, no I get it-" Mikasa stood at her full height, hands leaving Y/n's body with all her warmth. Y/n almost hit herself. Why was she like this? "No- No, Mikasa." She reached to hold Mikasa's calloused hands.

"I didn't mean it like that..." She rubbed circles on them, staring at the ravenette's eyes. Mikasa's eyes were gazing back, wonder coaxing her own. Y/n was so sweet and tender. Never anything Mikasa was used to. "Then what did you mean?" It came out in a whisper. She was naked on a stage and Y/n was the judge, critiquing every inch of her being. Y/n inhaled, sniffling back any tears or physical emotion that may escape. "Um... I'm gay, Mikasa."

Her gray eyes trailed down to their hands, soft contrasting with her rough. There was the needed answer and her answer. "I know, Y/n. I know you're gay and I'm... I like- I'm- Um-" Y/n's cheeks dimpled, and she giggled light fluffy air. Mikasa focused back on Y/n's features, happy. "Mika, I know, and I don't care about your label because I..." She brought her eyes to Mikasa, uttering, "I like-" A thud interrupted them. It was loud and concerning. Y/n's face drained, and Mikasa wanted to pull her back, cup her cheeks, confess, and kiss her deeply. She wanted to, but Y/n was faster. She let go of one of her hands and marched upstairs with her. Y/n brought her along and didn't leave her alone in the basement. That was the only confirmation she needed.

Armin brought his gaze to the floor. He fell where Eren once stood. Where his crush would've confessed to him, kissed him, complimented him. But now he was dust on the floor. He was gum on the bottom of someone's shoe. He was nothing. He felt like nothing. He gulped, moving to his knees and kneeling to stand up. Right then he heard commotion and a door slam before feet shuffled up the stairs. "The fuck happened-" Y/n was there, panting with Mikasa behind her. This time, their hands were really intertwined. Armin smiled, genuine, yet his watering eyes portrayed a different emotion. "I'm so happy for you two." Armin's lip wavered, a singular tear falling.

Y/n's eyes enlarged. She quickly let go of Mikasa's hand and sprinted over to Armin. "'Minnie, what happened?" She nearly shrieked, cupping Armin's cheeks and forcing him to gaze into her eyes. He sniffled, biting his lip. "Armin, talk to me, okay? I- I can fix this, okay? I love you." She gasped when Armin's head fell on her shoulder, silent tears coating her shoulder. "Y/n-"

Everything was underwater in Mikasa's eyes. She was frozen. She had chosen her own words, the words she chose, not her mother, not Eren, not Armin, no one but her. And yet, Y/n didn't choose her. She didn't believe her. Maybe she was too late. Armin was her boyfriend and she was just mist in the air.

She was nothing compared to Armin. And maybe Connie was right, Armin and Y/n would make a great couple. So, Eren and her would make a great couple.

Eren opened the door, his eyes bloodshot, nose stuffy, and hair disheveled. Y/n's gaze was brought to the tall man. Her hands stopped rubbing Armin's back and massaging his hair.

The perfect couple. Armin and Y/n.

Y/n gently shoved Armin off.

Eren walked to the side, hair covering his face. Armin poked his head up.

A thud was heard, and this time, the tall man was the one to stumble.

ᓚᘏᗢ

I can't really write fight scenes *Shinji chair pose* but basically, Eren let Y/n hit him because he felt guilty for calling Armin the F-slur. 

wc:1133k