23: Confrontation at it's bluntest

Trost Park

"You did what!?" Armin Arlert has been Y/n's friend since their eyes locked

A week after she met Mikasa and Eren, settled into her new house, and got permission from her mom, she met the other kids.

Sasha was bright and heavy on food. Connie was her twin, always snacking with her, teasing Jean every chance he got. Jean was right behind them in personality, just a bit more grave and tense.

Annie was stern and rolled her eyes at Y/n. Y/n didn't take it too personally since Bertolt informed her of Annie's typical behavior. Bertolt was timid, but helpful, every second of the day he was a centimeter away from Reiner. Reiner was energetic, his parents were a bit tough on him so he'd often zone out. She could tell the two boys had some feelings for each other, even at her ripe young age of ten. Messy peanut butter and jelly would be their relationship, and future Halloween costumes forced upon them.

Then there was a blonde, Eren insisted on not introducing him for a while. "Best goes last," Eren uttered, protectively shielding Armin from everyone. Y/n chuckled, seeing everyone ignore the petulant brunette, focusing on her.

And when it did come to Armin, they immediately clicked. He was reading a manga she'd been obsessing over for months. Armin only got half of his sentence out before she lunged at him, asking so many questions about his manga. There was no end to their squealing and talking. The rest raised brows not understanding what was happening.

Armin was manipulative but caring; smart, but afraid; a talker, but never in front of strangers.

Sighing, she gazed up at him from her seated position, legs bent, back against a tree. "I apologized to Mikasa." He rolled his eyes, tapping his foot, impatient, arms crossed against his lean chest. "And?" Y/n felt the scratchy grass blades under her fingertips, calming her before she spoke, "And then we did some things."

This is when he loudly groaned, begging, "Y/n, we've been over this I need details to understand. Please, what did you two do at the skatepark?" Y/n shrugged, arms in between her knees, she looked to the side, people talking, kids and their fathers playing catch, moms and their kids playing hide and seek, and the playground structures creaking. "Armin, if it was something important then I'd tell you." Armin rolled his eyes, crouching down to her level, he cupped her cheeks with his smooth hands, uttering, "Y/n, we've been friends for the longest time, and you've liked Mikasa that much."

His eyes were calm, blue ocean waves hypnotizing her. The two had so much in common and with their personalities changing, they became like glue stuck on paper. "Armin, what do you think happened?" she asked, her hands finding his doughy cheeks. He smiled a sinister smile and patted her cheeks, letting go to fall flat on his ass. "I bet you two fucked, or you and Yelena."

Y/n's eyes widened, brows furrowing, and her mouth dropped. His cheeks fell out of her hands when he dropped back, still, she was frozen in the same position. She spoke, shocked, "Did you fucking eavesdrop, Minnie?" He shrugged, folding his legs and reaching to hold her hands. He gently massaged her nimble fingers, admiring the supple skin. "No, I just know the signs." He smiled as her face adjusted, pouting at his words. "Signs of what?" "Of the times~" He joked, making Y/n slap his hands off of her own. Gagging at his cringy behavior, she articulates, "Armin-" "Alright, alright." He holds up his hands in defense before digging in his school uniform pocket for his phone. "What are you-" "Shh, shh, it's a part of my process." She raises her brows, looking him up and down. "I'm sorry, did you take notes on me, too?" He nibbles on his lip, ignoring her and mumbling an 'aha' getting ready to read off the bullet points he has.

"Firstly, your nails are freshly clipped from the last time I saw you. Secondly, you have this hot glow and you're eyes have a tint to them as though your ego's grown." "Hey-" "Third, you're a bit sensitive to physical touch, your neck especially. Number four-" "That's enough, 'Min." Y/n sighs out, embarrassed by the way he casually read off of his phone with a robotic voice. He smiled when Y/n stared at her fiddling thumbs. "So~ Who was it?" Y/n rubs her neck. "Yelena, I'm guessing, though I thought you were swearing off of her-" "We haven't fucked since two days ago." Armin's face scrunches, the fact hitting him. "Wow okay- um... So, was it Annie? I remember you saying you gave her-" "Wasn't her." Armin exhales, confused. "Well, who was it?" He jokingly asks with a chuckle, "Mikasa?"

Y/n glanced up at Armin, gulping. His face falls. "Wa-wait..." He freezes, mouth drying as he shrieks, "YOU FUCKED MIKASA?" Y/n immediately shoves him back, hand clasped over his mouth. "Dumbass there are kids here. We're not that far away from them," she says, trying to shrink herself against Armin. He puts his hands beside his head, a sign of defeat. At that, Y/n releases his mouth and sits back on her shins. He leans on his palms, legs splayed beside her. "Sorry, it's just... you actually fucked Mikasa?"

She felt heat creep on her skin, hugging tight at her shoulder and cheeks. Gnawing her bottom lip, she replies with a sigh, "I... didn't think we'd get that far." Armin's mouth is wide open, shocked by Y/n. "Armin, say something!" she whines, shaking his shoulders. He blinks out of his shock, using one of his hands to stop her shaking, he apologizes, "Sorry, Y/n. Initially, I was just kidding about the Mikasa thing. I mean... you actually fucked her? Had intercourse? Sex?" He whispered the last parts, feeling the need to keep this secret. Y/n nodded, expressing, "Yeah, I didn't either, but she looked so pretty and smelled like raspberries..." Y/n smiled out, looking away to envision the scenarios prior. "It wasn't even supposed to happen. I truly apologized and I think she enjoyed it- but what if I used her-" Armin shut Y/n up the moment her smile faded, replaced with overthinking.

"Y/n, you're not someone who uses people." Armin smiles at Y/n grabbing her attention. "You're feeling that way because Yelena did that to you." Y/n's face sapped. "Look, I'm happy for you. I think you should confess to her." Y/n's eyes widened, misery vanishing. "What?" "Y/n, you can't be serious. She likes you." Y/n scoffs. "I know, but she's not up for a relationship, let alone a sapphic one."

Armin purses his lips together, trying to think of a response. "Y/n, we can't just fake date after this. That'd cause both you and her more heartbreak." Armin squeezes the hand on Y/n's shoulder, catching her e/c eyes. "Y/n, relationships are full of ups and downs." Y/n tries to speak stopping at Armin's next sentence. "Just go for it. You don't do anything chaotic anymore, it doesn't suit you." Y/n chuckles at his last sentence. "Alright, alright. I'll talk to her about it. Only talk about it." Armin nods, moving his hand to squish her cheeks. "Tell her to thank me for the future cunnilingus she's gonna get."

Y/n smiles with a pat on his chest. Armin pales, removing his hands. "Y/n-" "I'd run while you still have a chance." "Ahhh-" Y/n chases Armin over the hill, tackling him to the ground with a hug.

To them, this was their relationship, touchy like a couple and loving each other's company, but maybe in another life, they may date because Mikasa and Eren are the centers of their worlds.

To others, this would look like a couple, a loving, happy couple. Lovers that put 100% into each other without another thought. They giggle and gossip late at night, cuddling until sleep hits them.

And to Eren, the latter was true. His nails bit his palms, puncturing them. His lip wobbled.

In the gas station window, he saw Armin walking to the park, bag, which he assumed to be full of books, in hand. So, he walked out of there after grabbing pocky Armin may like. Walking to the park, he knew Armin would be on the hill, except not with a pretty, h/c-haired girl who he just so happens to be f̶a̶k̶e̶ dating. So again, Eren's lip wobbled, and he gulped, blinking back as many tears as he could. It would be unmanly to cry in public. To cry at all. But the tear slid down his cheek without any thought.

The two didn't see Eren, the two didn't see him walk away, the two didn't see the box of pocky he threw away, and the two definitely didn't see the longing look he hid.

ᓚᘏᗢ

WC: 1.5k+