20: Arguments for apologies

L/n's house

The house was cold, thick with heat

The house was cold, thick with heat. Her mother bore her eyes into her. Y/n fidgeted so much that she wrapped herself, snug in a blanket. The two were face to face on the couch. Y/n's mother didn't blink nor look away. "I- Um how's the tea?" Y/n's mother frowns, still not looking away, she puts the cup down on the floor. "Salty." "Sal..ty?" The mother nods, now taking her eyes off the child's face and choosing to glance at her covered figure. "Added salt instead of sugar to see if it would make a difference." The daughter nods, biting her lip. "And?" "It did," The mother said coldly. Y/n held back a laugh, glancing around the room.

"Have you done drugs?" Y/n froze, slowly turning her head towards her ever-serious mother. "What?" It comes out breathy. She quirks a brow. "Have you done drugs or alcohol... today?" The child shakes her head. The mother nods, calmly, then she not so calmly leans forward, and exclaims in the child's face, "Then why are you fidgeting that much?" The child hides her face in her blanket-covered hands. "Mom, you scared me when you called me in here all murderer-like! It's a given I'm fidgeting!" The mom sighed, relaxing back in a half-laying position with arms under her head. "Gods, Y/n, I'm not a murderer for you." Y/n's face, lifts. "So you'll be a murderer for someone else, but not me? Great." The mom quirks a brow.

"Okay, why so serious about the joke?" Y/n mumbled something looking down at her lap "I'm sorry?" Again she mumbled it just a tad louder. "What are you saying, Y/n?" She sighs, speaking in her normal voice. "You're going to scold me..." The mom deadpans, looking the child up and down. "Aha," She laughs at her child, tossing and turning, messing up the child's seating as she caves in on herself. "It's not funnyyyyyy!" Wiping tears away she nods, laughter still in her voice. "Yes, yes, but you don't have to be afraid of me." The daughter tosses her head back. "I know... Can we just get to it?" The mom sits up giving her child room. "I keep forgetting you're a rip the bandaid off, not peel type of person." Y/n chuckles at her mom's comment, getting comfortable.

"Do you think you should apologize to Mikasa?" The girl's eyes enlarge. "I-I'm sorry?" The mother folds her hands in her lap. "All I know is that you hurt Mikasa's feelings, telling her you hate her and don't need her or something similar." Y/n hides her embarrassment by looking at her hands fidgeting. "So, I'll ask again; do you think you should apologize to Mikasa, or not?" Y/n nods. "Yeah, I mean-" "You. I want your answer." Y/n glances at her mother's serious expression. "I think I should." The mom nods, waiting for her daughter to continue. "I think she should too..." Humming, the mom inclined her to continue, chin resting on her knuckles. "I- um I didn't ask her to be there, and she was." "Where?"

Y/n bit her lip, shutting her eyes tight. "I looked like I needed help but didn't." She looks at her mother "I didn't." Lunes nodded. "So you said; I hate you because she tried to help you?" Emotion died from Y/n's face, she inhaled, staring into her mother's convicting e/c eyes. "I didn't say-" "You did," Lunes stated, grave, sitting back with her arms crossed over her chest. "She didn't deserve that, but- I didn't want her there." Lunes shut her eyes, keeping an eye roll to herself, she opened them. "Y/n, that was selfish and rude." Y/n gulped not meeting her mother's intense stare. "I... know, I know, but-" "No, no more buts, Y/n." She sighs, exhausted from her daughter's behavior.

"You need to understand how she felt." Lunes leaned forward making sure her daughter heard her. "Mikasa didn't deserve an I've hated you forever when she was trying to help." Y/n's brows furrowed. "Yeah, but-" "What did I just say?" Her mom exclaimed. "What about me?" Y/n said. "That isn't fair, stop playing the victim," Lunes chuckles out. "I- I'm not trying to. I'm really sorry that I said it, but I-" Her lip wobbled when Lunes stood up. "Y/n, we're going nowhere with this conversation while you're acting like this." Y/n watched her mom's figure lean forward to pick up the full tea glass. "I'm sorry." "Say that to Mikasa."

Lunes didn't like confrontation. Y/n didn't like confrontation. So, to avoid confrontation, being compliant and drifting off was best.

Pretty Girl

Hey!!!

Could we talk in person?

I'm sorry was that informal?

I can bring ice cream to sweeten the deal!

Mikasa wanted to smile at the texts, she wanted to send an 'I'd love to but only for a banana split!!' But she just sighed, tears finding space in her eyes.

Pretty Girl

Sorry, you aren't Sasha

Maybe we could go shopping

Find those combat boots you like😏

Helloooooooo?

Mikasa couldn't take it.

Where should we meet?|

Where should m|

We can meet|

We ca|

I love y|

Apolog|

Why are you dating Armin|

Why are you|

Do you really hate me|

Suddenly, water dripped on her phone. She gasped realizing her eyes were leaking. Her bed felt too soft, the air smelt too much of love, and her mind was overflowing with Y/n. She inhaled, shut off her phone, and stood, heading to the bathroom.

Eren hadn't been out of his room after school, and his locked door didn't help. Mikasa stared at it, wondering if she should knock, and confess how she also felt.

"Oh hey, Mikasa." It was a deep voice, more masculine than Carla's but still young. Looking up she saw a tall blonde. "Hi, Zeke." He hummed, examining her disheveled form. "You look like shit." She blinked. She was a wreck, face flushed from crying, dried snot around her nose, tear-stained cheeks, hair all over the place, voice raw and hurt, and in her room were tissues scattered everywhere, a bed not made, and tears staining everything. She casually wiped away the salty water from her puffy cheeks. "How's Yelena?" Zeke bit his tongue, talking with Mikasa was always something. "Okay. How's Y/n?" Mikasa bit her trembling bottom lip. "Why are you still here?" Zeke chuckles. "Laundry, and my internship." Mikasa nods, trying to move around him toward the bathroom.

She bites her tongue to hold back from cussing him out as he moves in her way. "What?" He smiles down at her. "I'm sorry for saying that." Mikasa quirks a brow, uninterested. "I'm sorry what?" He sighs. "I know you're going through a rough patch and mom said I shouldn't say anything to hurt your feelings." He places his hands on his chest in fake sympathy. "A-haha." He rolls his eyes, letting her pass. She strolls away, but before she can close the door and clean herself up, he says, "Really Mikasa, I'm sorry." She shuts the door, leaning against it.

Pretty Girl

Okay, I deserve this

Really, I want to meet up and apologize

You can have someone there if you don't trust me

I get it|

I'm sorry for being the way I am|

I'm sorry for being|

I would like to apologize in person

Marley Skating Park xxx Dr 3:33 am

Meet me.|

Meet me?|

I'll be there, you don't have to show though!

read at 3:00 am

ᓚᘏᗢ

Thanks for reading!

wc: 1.2k+