42: Announcement

Restaurant

The food came fairly quickly, steaming with heat and flavor

The food came fairly quickly, steaming with heat and flavor. "Wow..." "I know, I didn't even know this existed." Y/n and her mom stare at the lobster sandwiched between Carla and her. "We could call Sasha." Y/n snorts at Eren's comment. "I doubt she'd be presentable at this hour." Eren nods with a small light to his lips. Everything was going perfectly for everyone. It was like all the stars officially aligned, favorite songs repeating on the radio, or sleeping in on Saturday. It was mind-blowing it only took one dinner to make it happen.

"Wait, what time is it?" Armin fishes through the pocket of his pants. "Close to 6." Y/n's brows furrow. "We've been out here that long?" Lunes nods. "I reserved us for the rest of the day, so yeah." Y/n nibbles on her bottom lip. All she needed to do was behave.

She shouldn't complain or ask about where the money was coming from. Except it stung her tongue, weighed on her shoulders, and suffocated her brain just knowing. Her mother's nonchalant words to ease her didn't ease her, they made her more anxious. She couldn't stop thinking about the price of all their foods combined. I mean, just her food was enough money for a whole family. "So, how is the food?" Carla asks, looking around the table as everyone tries their dishes. "Sweet." "Pretty good." "Tastes like money." "Salty." "Seafood is salty, honey," Carla replies to Lunes. She squints her eyes at the large red obstacle in front of her. "Nah, they put something in this." "No conspiracies at the table." Lunes glares at her daughter. "Then you try it." Y/n inhales, turning her attention to Mikasa as a lifesaver. "What do you think about the food, Mika?"

She hums in delight. "It's really good, thanks." Y/n smiles from ear to ear. "Yeah." Eren fake gags, getting kicked by Armin. "Okayyyy, now that everyone had had some food, why don't we get to the reason for being here." Y/n's eyes dart to Carla. She realized she must know why her mom has all this money out of the blue when she had to struggle so much as a child. "Yeah, um, why here, by the way?" Carla turns her attention towards Y/n, and so does everyone else at the table. Secretly, Y/n's pinky inches towards Mikasa's behind the large plate her food is on. Lunes picks at her food as Carla responds for her. "Well, it's because of this announcement." "Announcement?" Y/n has her curiosity back, her neverending questions. "Couldn't you have just done that downtown? There are pretty cheap fancy restaurants down there-" "Y/n, chill let Carla get something out." Y/n nods, finding Mikasa's hands looping with hers. And she can now relax because there is someone in her corner.

The restaurant is pretty much empty. It's the beginning of the week and the only ones left are people in business suits talking with other people in business suits. "So, as you know... or could tell... Lunes and I are... together." Mikasa side-eyes Y/n watching her eat scarf down food. Armin is next, looking ahead to Eren, he's picking at his pasta, watching as the sauce flicks against the bowl. Taking a chance, Armin leans back in his chair as casually as possible and brushes his foot against Eren's. Eren's eyes dart up to meet his. A shy, warm smile meets his eyes, Armin inclining his head in concern. Inhaling, Eren turns his attention to the adults. "Y/n and I knew at like... 13." Y/n chuckles, wiping her mouth with her forearm, leaning back from her stuffed stomach. "Yeah, I won so many bets." "Hey!" "You were afraid of gay people, suck it up."

Eren's brows furrow, muttering, "Suck it." "So, Mikasa and Armin are the only ones who didn't know." Y/n hums, dragging Mikasa's hand to her uniform-clad lap. "You were pretty obvious." Eren and Y/n speak back to back, "The nights' out-" "The giggles in closets-" "The nights spent over-" "Oh, that one time they were kissing on the-" "Okay, okay!" Lunes almost shouts out, Carla coated in blush. "We get you two knew, but are you all, including Mikasa and Armin, okay with this?" Y/n bites back a snarky comment, motioning for Eren to answer for her too. He rolls his eyes, shrugging at his mom and Lunes. "Y/n was pretty cheery about it, more said she didn't have a girlfriend like you, but overall supportive." Eren stops picking at his pasta, hands resting in his lap.

"I... I hated it at first. I wanted you to like dad and give me the childhood I'd always wanted, except I knew he wasn't the best father, and I didn't know how to handle my emotions-" "You were a child," Carla reprimands, sipping from her now a lukewarm bottle of beer. He hums. "Thanks... When Lunes kept coming over I was passive-aggressive, wondering why she just had to come in, why she was taking you away from me, and why dad couldn't be like that... But after a while, I realized how happy you were with her and how you didn't feel pressure with her compared to dad. Don't get me wrong, I still hated it when you could care less about dad, and when Lunes wouldn't stop trying to be like him." He raises his eyes to Armin. "Then I realized I liked men and that I was just holding onto the hope of something hetero in my home life- something that would tell me not to be gay... But I ended up hurting so many people because I needed something normal." He inhales and Armin smiles at him. "I'm sorry," Eren apologizes as a tear slides down his cheek.

Carla's hand flapped in front of her eyes. "Oh, Eren-" She shoves past Lnues's form and hugs Eren in an awkward position. Lunes's face scrunches up until they pull apart, Carla wiping a singular tear away. "Well, congrats anyway, you two- Oh and Eren remind me to collect fifty bucks from Connie." His gaze slowly finds yours, eyes red from rubbing. "Y/n." "Yeah." Y/n looks over at him, eyebrows raised in fake concern. "Did you place a bet on me?" Y/n chuckles, shaking her head. "No, I won a bet- on you coming out before college." Eren scoffs. "But I am happy for you, Eren." Y/n winks. He hums, before finding Mikasa's eyes, and it hits him. The kiss."Well, now that that is out of the way- Can we get to it?" Carla nods. "I'm so happy for all of your support... And hope you continue to support us in marriage."

There's a loud buzzing in Y/n's ear, her mouth is gaped open, and she's staring at her happy, guilty mother.

ᓚᘏᗢ

wc:1.1k+