36: Eren and Armin

Hanji's classroom

Nibbling on their plush lip, the only thing coursing through their mind was Mikasa and Y/n

Nibbling on their plush lip, the only thing coursing through their mind was Mikasa and Y/n. The teacher made the wise decision, to them, and stood up, announcing their departure and rushing out to find the two students. Eren and Armin were left alone in the classroom. Armin circled the letter B and rearranged the papers into their original order. He stood up and walked to the front of the classroom, placing it on top of a neat piece of paper and sighing. He gulped, now realizing eyes were on him. Clearing his throat he asked, "Do you need something, Eren?" Eren immediately looked back at his test when Armin turned around, the last question needed an answer and he'd be done.

"I don't think you're allowed to help me on the test, but thanks."

Eren was amiable with the blonde, and it only made his hatred and confused pain seep deeper into his veins. Why did Eren have to be so confusing? Why couldn't he just tell Armin that he had the same feelings? Maybe then he wouldn't have some little feelings for Jean.

"Okay..." Armin speedily walked passed him, grabbing his backpack and standing up. Eren watched as he held onto his straps, unmoving. Eren cleared his throat. "Maybe um you could give me a hint..." He was trying to make conversation. He was trying to make Armin stay. He truly hated himself for yelling the slur at Armin; I mean, he already knew Armin was too good for him, too good for anyone, but there were still hearts in his eyes as the blonde walked passed. And his heart beat with hope, his life was utterly devoted to Armin without knowing it.

Maybe he could have a second- or third chance. Armin walked up to him, the sun shining down on his fair skin. Eren smiled, truly amazed by Armin. Armin stood next to him, looking where his pencil was. "I'm struggling with the last one." Armin nodded, nibbling on his lips. "Um... how about thinking about the words." Eren's face scrunched in confusion. "Huh?"

Armin's vision blurred, blinking back the tears he thought he got rid of, he answered Eren curtly, "How about something you haven't apologized for." Eren gulped, staring at his paper. It seemed so far and blurry, he rose his pencil and circled F, leaving a led residue. Confrontational silence drowns the room, smothering Eren and making Armin feel so little.

Armin felt so little that he let him do that. Armin felt so little that Y/n had to step in for him. Armin felt stupid because he thought Eren would show him respect. Armin sniffled, walking away from Eren. "Wait!"

Determination was on Armin's mind, and no one was taking his power away, or helping him. Armin was the one in control of his life. Armin was going to be the one to punch Eren like Y/n did. "What do you want, Eren?" Armin admired the wooden door, dark streets of varnish contrasting the oak. Eren stared at the blonde's backpack, a navy blue backpack that he had from the start of high school. His blonde hair grew an inch, Eren could tell. Eren could tell how Armin was feeling, and it was up to him to ignore it or confront it. And Gods, he wished he was smart like Y/n. He thought Y/n could conquer anything and take what was hers.

Maybe if he was her, he'd love him.

"I- um, thank you for h-helping." Armin's eyes widen. "Helping you?" His voice rose. "I- I was helping you?" He spun around, a finger pointing at Eren's chest. "You really think I'd help you after you called me the f-slur, not even checking up on me once!" He walked closer to Eren's standing form, papers in hand. "You really think I'd help someone so pathetic, so egotistical that they wouldn't even check up on their friend?" Eren winced at the truth. The truth of them being friends, the truth of him being egotistical and pathetic. He crinkled the papers in his hand. "Armin, I didn't mean-" "I don't care what you meant!" Armin looked into Eren's eyes, trying to find something. Some sympathy or understanding. Love even. "I was hurt, crying on the fucking floor, and begging you to come out... All you did was stand in that bathroom and pity yourself."

Eren softly scoffed, watching Armin's bright blue eyes flash with water. "I did want to come out, but you were crying and I was scared that I had messed everything up." Armin inhaled shakily. "Eren, I wanted you. I wanted to be comforted by you and told that everything was going to be okay even if it wasn't." Armin gulped, arms falling to his side. "I can't hate you forever... I know, but you are insufferable. You can't put yourself in other's shoes and you hate it when you're held accountable." "I don't-" "Yes, you do, Eren..." Armin sniffles, hands wiping away every shiny tear from his pale face.

"Sometimes I wonder if you even feel sorry for anything... I- I even mean anything to you." He catches Eren's green eyes again. He wanted to hear it- No, Armin needed to hear Eren confess. "Do I mean something to you, Eren?" He had started 'dating' Y/n a couple of weeks ago, but he only did it because he knew Eren liked him. He knew he had the biggest chance, he knew Eren would love him back for infinity. He thought Eren loved him all throughout childhood. So, fake dating his friend was the easiest thing to do because Eren would always love him for him.

"You are amazing Armin, but I don't like you."

Eren Yeager hated accountability. Eren Yeager hated when everyone ignored him. Eren Yeager hated when his ice cream melted. However, Eren Yeager loved when Armin came to him late at night, reading him comforting, detailed books he found half-price. Eren Yeager knew Armin was someone he didn't deserve, and yet, he didn't care because it felt like home being with the blonde. "What?" Looking into his eyes, he didn't know how to feel. He always knew Eren's emotions, except this was different. When they were alone, Eren had always said sappy things, falling asleep on his shoulder. Their alone is different now. Maybe it's because it's high school, or because of Hanji's clean classroom, but their alone is too different now. "I'm not someone like y-" "Gay?" Redirecting his sight to random objects around the room, Eren sheepishly replied, "Y-yeah-" "Fuck you, Eren." His eyes widened, he didn't know what he was saying. "I can't believe you!" Armin turned around, marching to the door. "You say things and do differently. You're too fucking fearful of others and that's why you won't date me. We both know it!" His hand gripped the silver handle, cold to the touch, something to stabilize Armin.

"...I never even liked Y/n in the first place... I liked you."

ᓚᘏᗢ

I'm hoping to have three chapters for next week 🦶

WC:1.1k+