24: Helping friend

Yeager's house

It was raining

It was raining. It was sunny five seconds ago, but now the streets were flooding with water, the sky full of dark gray cumulonimbus clouds, sounds of 'pitter-patter' and 'boom', and the smell of vigorous petrichor filled the air.

Armin and Y/n were soaking, wetting the floor with their dripping figures. "Ugh, you two- Why no umbrellas?" Carla berated, tossing towels to them. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Yeager for the impromptu visit, but we had nowhere else to go," Y/n said while patting herself dry, biting her inner cheek so she didn't slap Armin from his aggressive drying. Shaking some water from his hair, effectively pissing Y/n off and wetting her more, Armin beseeched, "If we could stay here for one night, that'd be greatly appreciated."

Y/n adds, "Yes, we won't cause any trouble-" "-Try not to cause any trouble." Y/n nodded her head vigorously at Armin's correction. Carla chuckled. "I don't know how lowly you two think of yourselves, but I've known you both since childhood, the only thing I'm worried about is if Eren and Mikasa will suffocate you with their personalities." Armin and Y/n glance at each other, towels wrapped tightly around their forms for warmth. "Though..." Looking in between the two, she shook her about-to-be question off, moving out of the hallway and officially letting them in her warm cozy home. "Ignore me, stress brain." The two nod, walking forward.

Once inside, the two sit, uncomfortably, on the couch, as though they have never been there. "I'll make some tea, and grab some extra clothes of Zeke's!" She shuffles off doing as she said, and the two are left alone in the living room. Gnawing at her lip, she asks, "Do you think they're home?" Armin shrugs, leaning forward, face in hands, elbows on knees. "I don't know, but I hope not. You know- this is all your fault. Why couldn't we just-" "I told you, my mom and I had a fight." Armin groans muffled by his palms, "Gods, Y/n don't you two just sort it out by now?" Y/n rolls her eyes trying to cover the obvious bruise on her personality from her supposed calm and collected mother. " We- we usually do, this is just a different one of those days." Armin sits up, hands hugging his muscular thighs. Staring straight ahead he asks, "Was it about your dad?"

Y/n inhales, cheeks bursting with air as she holds her stomach. "Aha, what- what are you even talking about, Minnie?" He quickly turns his head to the h/c-haired girl, brows scrunching at her laughing form. "Well- when you were a kid you used to get really- really-" "Mad? Angry? Vengeful?" He scratches the back of his head, answering, "Yeah, n/n." She shrugs, crossing her legs out in front of her, head tilted back and arms nestled behind it. "I used to, but I can't control what he did... I mean, sure, I miss the Father's Days with him, and the casual birthday arcade visits, except I'm glad he's gone." She smiled at the end of her sentence, the ceiling a magnificent work of art for her eyes to examine, focus on.

Carla quietly cleared her throat, ever the nosy neighbor, she had to know why Y/n was here instead of her own house, yet a part of her knew that it may not have been the old creaky floorboards, and instead, the heart wrenched, e/c-eyed daughter. "Sorry for taking so long, finding clean clothes of his is harder than I expected." She giggles, placing down the tray of tea before tossing them the clothes resting on her forearm. "No problem, Mrs. Yeager." She chuckles at Armin's formality. "Call me Carla, Armin." He hums, a light flush forming on the apples of his cheeks. Y/n chortles at his reaction to her kindness. "Now, there is the bathroom upstairs, straight down the hall, as you both know, and then there is the old basement bathroom." At the latter, each shudder. "The basement," "The basement," Each utter in fear.

The basement was scary. Even now, older than ten-year-olds, they shudder at the thought of entering the dreaded dark basement. A bathroom was to the right, closet-sized with one singular light bulb and worn string to turn it on, and everyone, besides the parents, told the haunting of this toilet. Zeke said, "A person died from sitting on it too long." Scaring and scarring the kids for life. However, it seemed better than walking upstairs and encountering the raven-ette or brunette. "Um- can we like change in a room or something?" "I'll even take a closet," Y/n expressed, hand to her chest. Carla laughed. "You two are ridiculous." Though she still gave them an answer, yet each room was either upstairs or occupied by house supplies.

Doing rock-paper-scissors, they decided who would go where. Y/n ended up losing and thinking it over, Armin decided upstairs, leaving Y/n in the deadly dark. "Good luck, my dearest friend, it was nice knowing you." She chuckled patting him harshly on the back. "I hope you have a fun time upstairs." She 'ha-ha-ha's, pretentiously until the door is slammed shut on her, a scream erupting before the light illuminated her doom. Armin chuckled and then gulped down what saliva he had left when the elongated stairs glared down at him, never-ending.

Carla came up beside him, a reassuring hold on his shoulder. He observed her as she talked. "I don't know what's going on between you kids, but I hope you know I'm here to talk." Armin smiles sheepishly, nodding. "Thank you, Mrs.Carla." She hums, gazing at his face. "Armin, have you talked to Y/n at all?" Armin's brows furrow, and he asks, "I'm sorry, what?" She closes her eyes in realization. "Stress brain again-" She chuckles, continuing with her gaze on his eyes. "Have you talk-talked to Y/n? Like, sat down and asked her about...any and everything?" Armin bites his tongue, looking off to the stairs. "Um... I mean yeah, we had a conversation about two days ago." Carla nods, biting her lip. "Was it about her mom?" Armin shakes his head, lips pursed. "No, it was actually about... Mikasa." Carla nods, a smile on her pink lips. "Yeah, I heard from Mikasa that she apologized. I'm happy they're on good terms again." Armin hums in agreement. "Yeah."

She inhales, patting his shoulder to go. "Well, don't want you to get sick. You can come back down and finish your tea." Armin nods, walking up the stairs. Once on the flat floor, he sees Mikasa turning off the bathroom light. Oh shit.

ᓚᘏᗢ

Thanks for reading!

wc:1122