32: Reflection of eyes

The Yeager's Bathroom

To say Eren was a wreck is an understatement

To say Eren was a wreck is an understatement. He never meant to hurt Armin, never wanted to. Or at least that's what he kept telling himself. Maybe it was too much, Mikasa pining after a pretty girl Armin wanted and him competing with Jean for Armin. Maybe he deserved the black eye Y/n caused him. Though he is glad the raven-ette pulled her away.

"I still think I should talk to her." "Mom-" "Eren Yeager, do not neglect your sanity," the mother reprimands, wiping her veiny hands on an old cloth. Eren gnawed on his bottom lip. "Besides, Y/n does have a lot of anger issues... like someone I know." Eren flails his arms out, complaining in a whiny voice, "Oh, come on mom! I thought you were on my side!" She scoffs at her son's comment, hand on her hip, other resting on the sink as she stated, "I never said I was taking sides... just trying to figure everything out." She looks him up and down, hunched on the toilet seat, face worn, and not just from the punch. "It was Y/n's fault, right?"

Eren didn't exactly tell his mom why Y/n hit him. Besides covering her eavesdropping tracks, it was almost immediate that she came and ran up the stairs to help him. "What happened?" She'd scream, rushing him into the bathroom and locking the door. Mikasa was in her room, the son and mother staring at each other. She was patient with Eren's mind, especially when it came to confrontation. "I.. don't know." She held in a scoff, biting her tongue. She stood, brushing off her clothes before her hand found the door handle. "Eren, I don't expect you to realize that you're okay... but you are, son. You are okay, perfectly okay just the way you are." His eyes watched her figure, sincere coaxing him into belief. "I don't know who made you believe that you're a sin, but I know you aren't for being gay- or not straight..." Carla's lips form into a smile, content in her words that weren't only meant for the taller brunette.

The door creaks open, her feet patting against the wooden floor. "Just make sure you don't hurt others while you realize that." She walks away, door swaying all the way open.

The floor caught Eren's attention, emerald eyes finding the drop of blood. It gleamed in the moon's glow, shining from nowhere in imparticular. His mom was right, not to take it out on anyone, but he feared his chances were too late. Too late like always. Sighing, he stood up, short nails scratching the back of his head, brown hair swinging. Once he was in the hallway, ignoring his mirror reflection, he passed the blood spot without any worry because maybe he would apologize, redeem himself. He chuckled thinking of Y/n crying as he apologized to Armin. She did this in the past, her anger always ending in tears. She'd shake Mikasa, uttering, "They're going to get married!"

His feet halted, wrist being tugged back by soft lean fingers. Armin was his first hopeful thought. When he turned around, picturing oceanic blue eyes, he was met with harmed gray ones. 'Right' He remembered Y/n threw her apology in the trash all for her friend, Armin. She was rash with decisions, just like him. Mikasa gazed up at him, brows furrowing at the forming bruise. Her hand twitched to cup his cheek. "I'm okay, Mikasa." He lightly spoke, reassuring the raven-ette. "Okay... but if you want me to-" "No, I don't need anyone to handle my problems, Mikasa!" Her eyes widened. Eren shrugged her hand off, wrapping his beefy arms across his bare chest. "Sorry, I just don't like it when people think I'm a child and can't handle anything... I mean I'm eighteen for fucks sake." She nods, a sweet smile making her lips.

"Yes Eren, I understand... I wouldn't want to be treated like a child either..." He nods, an awkward atmosphere drowning the room. "Well, I should-" "Do you think she hates me?" He freezes, eyes finding her concerned orbs. "She apologized and said she could never hate me, yet today... it feels like she took everything back and made a fool of me." He sighs, hands gripping her shoulder, saying, "No one could ever hate you, Mikasa." Her eyes swarm with warmth and love. "I've never hated you, and just because someone says something, doesn't mean they mean it... for starters, she barely looked at you, and if anything she was saying it to me-"

His lips were warm and soft, similar to Y/n's, except there was a tiny patch of fuzz on his chin. Her eyes were closed and his were wide open. Mikasa was kissing him, not the other way around. His body slowly relaxed, her hand carefully cupping his cheek, avoiding his bruising eye. Pulling away with a breath, she stared at his caring green eyes. "Eren-"

"Pizza is ready!" Carla screamed from the bottom of the stairs. The two gulped, Eren replying for both of them. "Coming, mom!"

Eren laid on his comfortable sheets, head resting on his pillow, hands folded on his full waist. A tiny hum of Steve Lacy sang in the background, him staring at the smooth bland ceiling. He huffs a chuckle remembering Y/n sitting on his shoulders to reach her ceiling writing cursed words for her 15th birthday. "Okay, yes you were right, my mom yelled at me, but she let me keep it!" Dumb girl, he replied, to which she smacked him, not-so-lightly on his head.

Back then it was Armin and Eren and Y/n and Mikasa. Memories of running in the rain, gossiping to each other before the next day to clear consciousnesses, shoving food in each other's faces, and the blonde's shoulder being his pillow. Until Monday of freshman year, they suddenly had to accommodate for school, no more using anyone's homework. Work for it yourself, Y/n would say while simultaneously handing out her own homework.

Armin became closer to Y/n and he became jealous, competing with Jean to fill that hole of "You're not enough." "Stop pretending to like him." He wanted to tell his younger self not to believe everything Grisha or Zeke said. They were projecting their problems onto you.

Sadly, Carla's voice drained out, and all he heard were those words. Gay and undeserving of love. Sighing, a hand shielded his eyes, a lone tear sliding down his cheek. "Stop it, Eren." And he did, fairly quickly when voices echoed in the hallway. "-like this, Mikasa." Y/n?

He sat up and shuffled over to his bedroom door, making sure it cracked open with no noise. Y/n was there, but walking away very sweaty with a bra in hand. Eren was going to jab at Mikasa, but then he realized the girl was almost in tears, watching the h/c-haired girl walk away. He opened the door, the girl gone and Mikasa breaking.

"Hey." Eren's voice was weak, not knowing what to say or do. "H-hey..." His brows furrowed, leaning against his door frame, baggy shirt hiding his form. He opened his mouth to talk, yet she spoke before a breath passed. "You didn't see anything?" It came out as a question, but he knew it wasn't. From Y/n's masked self-confidence and Mikasa's yearning face, he knew the two should have stayed together, locked away in her room, limbs intertwined and slow breaths passing.

"Mikasa-" "Please," she whimpered, tears flying to the floor. Her cheeks were red, bottom lip wobbling, and hair disheveled. Eren carefully walked forward, arms opening. She fell into them, hands gripping his shirt for something, something other than reality. "It's not fair, Eren please help me. Take it away." He shushed her, rubbing comforting patterns on her back.

Y/n fucked up, and Eren doesn't think he should have let her hit him. He should have at least, smacked her, shoved her face in a wall, something so she could feel sorry, leaving Miaksa all alone and broken.

ᓚᘏᗢ

WC: 1.3k+