Envy you

You decided to head to the diner to catch up. Peter adored your laugh as you giggled at his horrible jokes. "Peter I didn't take you for a hopeless romantic." The lovesick man smiled at you and titled his head to the opposite direction. "I can't help it you're such a darling." Again smoke rose from his ears at your sudden compliment.
Entering the restaurant the waitress took your order while Peter insisted you only take the most expensive food. It was really reassuring to know, he wants to make it up to you. "Darling?" His voice raised your attention and you smiled akwardly. "Sorry I was just thinking." Raising an eyebrow he let the topic go. Minutes later your order arrived and you slurped at the delicious chocolate milkshake, the taste a piece of heaven. "So...Are you free this weekend?" Lifting your gaze, the straw still in your mouth you nodded. "I was wondering, if you wanna come to my place, since you don't know where I live." Still slurping the creme, you checked your imgainery calendar giving him a thumps up with both of your hands. "Wonderful, oh the things we can do. You can meet my snake, such a sweetheart your are not afraid of  reptiles, are you?"

The worried undertone in his now shaky unsure voice was somewhat adorable. You put the straw out of your mouth and shake your head. Relieved, he relaxed immediatly and made comments about how nice and cozy your skin looks. That was the most weird compliment you had ever gotten. "Well, I like your style?," you replied, not sure describe him otherwise. "Oh thanks sweetie, you're just too precious." He lifted his upper body and pinched your right cheek a little. "Yeah, too precious indeed." Continuing his act he wiped a piece of cream away and put it into his mouth. Processing things, you put your eyebrows together clearly overhelmed by confusion. Peter quickly draws back and laughed akwardly. "I-Im sorry...You're just irresistible I couldn't contain myself." Great, now you're having a boyfriend stalker and dork material. 

"Y-Y/N?" The moment your name was spoken you spotted TK, casually leaning against the counter. "TK, I thought today was your free day," you said, remembering the roster with a big red X for TKs free day. "Nah, I'd rather stay here, since I haven't anything better to do," the sarcasm in his voice was unmistakable. "Shit, you gotta covering for me...Sorry," you said feeling guilty about your actions. "If anyone has to apologize it's me sugar plum, I was a jerk the other day." He got over to the both of you stretching his hand out in the walk. "Peace?" You grabbed his palm and smiled. "Peace." You both chuckled and a deep blush crossed the green-haired guy. "So...Having a date today?" You nodded and presented Peter again to TK. "Yeah...We talked and now he is -....!?!" Peter dragged you over the table , thank god your milkshake was empty. "-I'm her BOYFRIEND now and we are very happy together," the bald guy half smiled half growled at your best friend, emphazing the word boyfriend way too much for your taste. You on the other hand were struggling to breath and hammered softly at his chest. "Peter...I can't breath," your trembling voice echoed, people beginnign to stare at the akward scene before them. The bald guy released you from his protective grip and apologized.  After a minute you took the word. "Anyway, thanks for covering again for me TK," you smiled at him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Really, thank you, I owe you something." The blush on his face only deepend and you could feel the jealous look of Peter on your back. TK got it and said his goodbys, while you sit on your place again . 

"Everything alright Peter?" His eyes narrowed from the door TK dissappeared to your figure and he changed his expression immediatly. "Of course, everything is totally fine." You didn't believe a word, that exits his mouth but didn't question further. Getting used to his personality was going to be a harder than you thought. 

Peter, like the gentleman he was, escorted you home and you getting into small talk. "Is your family also in town?" You shook your head, depressive memories rising in your mind. "No, I left when I was eighteen, my parents were't the worst but I've always had a hard relationsip with them," you said hardening your fists. "Why did you move out?" This guy was more curious than your roomate. "I'd rather not talk about, it's really difficult for me." He nodded and suddenly squeezed your hand tightly. "Just know, if you wanna talk I'm just a phone call away." You chuckled and freed your hand from his grip. "Sorry, but have I overstepped your personal space?" Peter looked said at the hand, who was holding yours earlier like he had lost something valueable. "I'm just uncomfortable when people touch all of a sudden," you admitted your gaze shifting to the clear sky. "Maybe someday but I've only known your for a short time and don't want to rush things between us." Peter croaked down at your level and lifted your chin gently. "Oh darling, I'll wait until the stars burn out, just know I'm always here for you." The comforting touch of his palm made your heartbeat rise in an uncomfortable way, like he meant something different. Consoling you he simply looked in your soul mirrors tiltling his head with those big eyes. "Darling are you okay?" A fake smile appeared on your face and you nodded gently. "I'm just tired, it was a long day." He smirked and you said your goodbys at the front door. "So I'll see you on Saturday?," Peter said hopefully his hands fiddling in front of him nervoulsly. "Of course." Just as you turned towards your door you heard a loud overdramatic sight behind you. Looking back you saw Peters sad expression and gave him a little peck right next to his nose. "I look forward to your date," you whispered and before he could respond you shut the door behind you. You heard happy squeaking noices and humming form him. As the noises slowly silenced you threw yourself on your bad, clearly too tired to shower.

He really was a nice person but a tiny piece of your functional mind was warning you about this guy...