Returning to the trauma

You sighed, standing, looking up at the asylum, your ex-boyfriend callled his new permanent home.
White pillars right and left surrouneded the also white pattered entrance pf the building, giving lonely vibes away.
Three days after your talk with TK, you'd decided to talk face-to-face with your ex-boyfriend? Boyfriend? Currently-on-hiatus-boyfriend? You couldn't manage to find a word for your current situation.
Still, your heart, your poor heart jumped nearly out of your chest, thinking about meeting him.
Nearly one year you hadn't seen him. Talked ot him of course, but as time goes by, he desperatly called you three times a day. Morning, midday and afternoon. It was getting out of hand.
Maybe he really bettered himself. It was worth a shot.
Entering the, for you too much desinfected main reception area, you spotted a bored woman playing with her pencil in her mouth.
She barely recognizes your precense, to enarmored with her papers. You coughed,  as you already waited for a few seconds.
As if it was the most difficult task ahead, she raised her head, dark circles with circles underneath them.
"Yes?" She didn't even try to hide her annoyance.
You composed yourself, shaking off the urge to counter back.
"I have an appointment and visit authorization with Peter King."

She dropped the pencil immediatly. All of her movements stopping at once, as if you'd said something very offensive.
This time, she gazed at you, trying to figure out if you were joking.
"Is there a problem?" Yoi nervously whimpered.
Quickly, the nursed turned back to happy customer service mode.
"No, it's just that..."
She hesitated, before continuing.
"Out of all the patients we had, no one ever visited him, no parents, siblings, friends. You're the very first and honestly..."
The nurse leaned forward, brushing your earlobe gently.
"This man, if you could call him that, is the worst we ever had. I understand why nobody wants to be near him."
You froze.
She retreated.
"You strike me as a smart woman. Don't waste your time on that thing."
She patted your shoulder reassuringly, before asking for your name, id, etc.

Fifteen minutes later, a man in his late fiftys, entered through a heavy guarded door.y
"Mrs L/N?"
His voice was a gente baritone, still holding some form of authority.
"Here!" You announced yourself like a toddler, face-palming in your mind.
"Excellent, please follow me!"
You walked slowly towards the door, the guards eyeing you down.
The doctor noticed your hesitance.
"Don't be shy, they are just doing their job."
As if on cue, both of them turned away, face straight ahead. Too terrified to gaze at their superior.
"Shall we go then?" He gestured for you to follow.
You nodded and gave yourself a push.
Your footseps howled through the endless lomg corridor. Empty and too white for you.
The doors, heavy backed with multiple locks in different shapes and sizes. The deeper you go, the more the security level rises.
At the end, the doctor turned around.
"He is safely strapped on his bed. You don't need to worry.
But be careful. He is very excited to see you again."
With that, he opened the door and let you through.
"If anything happens, just call for help or scream. We won't be bothering you. Just don't make him upset. It was more than difficult to get him restrained.
But know it is you own responsibilty of want to remove any of his safety restraints."

You nodded and the door was shut.
Peter hasn't noticed you yet. You meekly stepped closer.
He wasn't just tied down.
Some kind of glasses forced him to look to  the ceiling.
Ears and mouth covered with silicone tools to prevent him from noticing things around him.
If you didn't know better, you would almost, almost feel pity for him. But the reaction from the statt, when you mentioned your boyfriends name told other stories.
Your eyes scanned his body further. Arms und legs tight solid to the bed. Four metal rings on each of his limbs held him in position.
They must be really scared of him.
Still, even he didn't deserve to be tied like a circus freak, presented only to be gauged, laughed and judged at.
The best approach was to make yourself seen.
Slowly, careful not to startle him, approached the head of the bed.
Bending over, so that he could see you.

The bald man blinked rapidly, making sure you're not an halluzination.
"D-Darling?"
He muffled, clearly the speakkng wad hurting him.
You looked at him, confusefd mixed with a tiny bit of pity.
His body reacted, wanting to be near you, but he was held in place. You laid a hand on his cheek, to which he whined desperatly.
"Calm down, or they doctors will come." You ordered and he obeyed immediatly.
"Are you alright?"
He shook his head, eyes darting in every direction, pointing at the release button of the hurtful glasses.
You looked at it, before returning to Peter.
"Promise you won't do anything stupid Peter, unless you want me to go for good."
Sweat built up on his forehead.
"Don't take it as a threat, I just want to make sure, I am doing the right thing here."
You could see the pleading in his deep-ocean blue eyes.
Your hands traveled to the sides, carefully undoing the bindings of his soul mirrors. The man, overjoyed by your mercy, blinked rapidly to thank you. If you didn't know what he had done, you could almost cringe at hus reaction.
"Feeling better, a little?" You hoped you did the right thing.
Again, he wanted to rip those chains, which kept him from you. You caressed the cheeks again, hands wandwring down where his arms where wrapped criss crossed firmly.
"Wriggle when something feels off."
Rounding the bed multiple times, you could not bear to see him this way. Not matter what he did.
"I am going to let you speak Peter, okay?
Don't make me regret it."
The male shook his head vividly, clearly he cannot wait any longer.
As before you untied the bandage. To your shock a ball gag appeared underneath.
"Hell, what kind of hospital is this?" Ypu spoke to yourself.
The belt was harder to undo than the rest. Tiny spikes were postioned around his mouth, so that he couldn't remove them.
Finally, the last clip abandoned, you tried no to hurt him.
Putting the, in your opinion torture devices away, you gazed up at the creature. Peter inhaled like he was drowning a second ago.
You gave him a moment, not sure how to approach him.
Flat breaths turning into more deep controlled ones, Peter turned his head to you. Atleast, he could barely move since the double ruff around his neck, kept him in place. He gave you the best smile possible.
"My beautiful radiating ruby- haired gemstone, you've finally found the mercy to come to me..."