Trouble at the diner

You decided, despite the protest of your life-givers, to move back into your old apartment. It was time to face adult life again.
Even though you appreciated the concern of them, you needed to proof to yourself tha you could habdle being an independent person again.
"Promise me you'll call if there is trouble."
It was the fifth time in five minutes your mother asked you this question. You surpressed lettinh out a sigh.
"Yes, I will call you mum, can I go now?"
She nodded, still holding one of your hands.
Your father gave you a quick reassuring hug, before departing.

That was one week ago, it still feels like yesterday. Rat was becoming more attached of you; more than you'd like. She always, always crawls between your breats.
You tried to break that strange habit.
It was effortless. Devastating would be the better word.
So, your nerves finally obliged to the will of the serpent. Perhaps someday you'll get used to it.

Anyway, TK was more than relieved to see you back in one piece. You still kept
a safe distance from them; emotionally and physically.
They apologized, many, many times for what happened, but you're more cautious this time.

"Drinks for table ten are ready!"

Speaking of the devil...

TK, as if nothing happened, smiled over to you, fiddling with the order in their hands.
You akwardly nodded, before taking off.
He trembled, as your hands touched.

"Can we talk? Later?"

You looked at him. Dumbfounded and surprised. Dumbfounded for his sudden eagerness to make things right between the two of you and surprised about his unusually boldness. It doesn't fit him.
You rubbed your knuckles.

"I don't know? Last time wasn't the best... experience. Maybe some other time?"

The smile dropped upside down, shoulders sinking forward and eyes? Oh... they would match Peter with their sweet innocent cat soul mirrors.

You took the order, no more words needed. Taking a deep breath you go on with your routine.
The vibe of the restaurant getting from bad to worse. RK seemed tense, less careful around the customers. Not the nerd you knew, the most tidiest person on this planet.
They made sure to give you a reassuring smile, while your response was a confused, knitted brow. Some of the Karen's and Kevin's complained about your useless coworker.

"This is absolut OUTRAGOUS!"
You flinched at the sudden rising of  a woman. Perking up you saw your typical 45 year old wife with her overdressed husband.
"Please... Mam, I am so sorry about your dress... Let me help you wi—"

TK couldn't even finish with their apology and this woman hat the nerve, the audacity to slap him on both cheeks two time.
You could see how your once/still friend held back their tears, ready to burst out turning into a waterfall.
The husband, still busy on his phone, put it down, trying to calm his poor choice of a woman.
Ignoring the annoyed calling from the other customers, you rushed beside your colleage. You grabbed then by the hand, moving them away from the scene to the breakroom.
"Stay here! And don't come out unless I say so."
He nodded and you quickly hurrief back.
"Mam? Mrs? I take full responsibility for this accident. If you are so kind, could you give me your phone number or anything so you can contact me?"
This seemed to only put more fire in her turmoil.
"This? This isn't just a dress!"
She pointed at the several dots from the milkshake.
"THIS-" she announced, "This is one of my finest gowns in the collection. My husband let it make especially for our anniversery," she yelled, dramaticly.
"It costs more than you'll ever make kn this f*cking job, you're really pathetic."

"But this doesn't give you the right to hit and hurt people. I can tolerate mean comments, lousy tips, annoyed scoffs but this is not tolerable."
You had enough of this mood of nature.

Suddenly the husband steps in.
"Honey, we can buy you tons of nice dresses, jewels and shoes. It was an honest accident of a hard worker," he tried to reason with the tantrum in front of him.
She gazed at him, shell shocked and unbelieving.
"Why are you defending them? You're suppossed to be on my side not theirs. You're my husband, you should care for me, defending and fighting only for me.
Not your parents, family members friends and especially not vermin like her.
Get her FIRED! RIGHT NOW! I want justice."
The husband's face said everything. He now saw his wife's true self. Even a blind and deaf man couldn't deny that.

"You know what I am going to do?" The man put his phone away, and slammed the ring so hard on the table it'll surely leave a crack.
He towered over her, her eyes not knowing her fiancee could get so angry.
The mad woman avoided his gaze, clearly embarrassed, before blinking innocently. Her outrage turning from devil to sweet, caring angel vibe.
"Dear? Honey? Can we talk this out later?"
He would of none of it.
"Everyone was right about you all along. You're a narsissistic b*tch and I fool still married you.
But. Now. We. Are. Getting. THE. DIVORCE."
Seconds later she chuckled lightly.
"How would I care? The half of your money is rightfully mine," she folded her arms triumphantly.
In response, her fiance chuckled evily, like he tricked the devil himself.
"Don't you forget sweetheart?"
He made sure to sound as much at 'sweetheart' as he managed to do.

He pulled out his phone, showing her a very serious document.
"We have a marriage settlement." He pointed to a certain paragraph. "There. There it is. Black on white. All of my money stays with me. I don't have to care for you. We have no children together. Nothing. You wasted my time, energy and money. But not anymore. WE'RE THROUGH."

The man tossed me hundred bucks and made sure I kept them.
"Thank you and your coworker for saving me from a live time of this mistake I made."
He pulled out a card. "Do you perhaps know Don Williams?"
You nodded, before thinking... Again.
"Alright, lucky guess, If you ever are in need of a soldier, bodyguard or have trouble with certain people. Call me."
He gave you the card and took of his wife's ring.
"You have three days to pack your sh*t.
But make sure to only take your belongings. I'll check your suitcase before you're leaving."
And like caterpillar in a cocoon, he emerged from his cage and took off as a beautiful butterfly.
The woman only shook her head and followed her husband, like a mouth the vibrant light...

One question formed in your head:

What the actual hell happened right now?