The tiny crack in the blockade

The light of the morning sun kissed your skin and awakes up from your slumber. The room was bathed in a mixture of deep orange, red and yellow, almost looking like flames dancing around. You back ached terribly, the consequence of falling asleep in an uncomfortable sitting position.  At least you got waked up gently for once, admiring the rising morning through the curtains...

Wait, you're very sure, I mean very, very sure, that you didn't close them last night. Suddenly you were wide awake, rubbing your eyes rigorously. "Okay Y/N, deep breaths, there's no one here, ecxept Peter, and he swore he would not dare to come into your room. Maybe your were just imaganing things, due to you lack sleep in such a short time. Yeah, that must be it, a normal human horror."

A loud 'thud' followed by liud rumbling put you our of your dream state.
"Seriously, can't a girl get some peace around here?" And, again, you are talking to yourself. Maybe you should more focus on the task at hand. "Peter, are you out there?" You sound more annoyed than you wanted. No answer, just the creaking sound of the old wooden floor. "If it's not too much to ask, could you continue creeping me out in the morning, I'm really not in the mood right now," you scoffed, threwing a random piece of furniture against the blockade between you and Peter. "I can't sleep," he finally replied with utter nervousness. "I am sorry d-darling...I'll not disturb your beauty sleep...?!" Against your better judgement you dashed as fast as you could to open the door, facing a sleep-deprived zombie. Eyeing him from head to toe you wanted to get rid of him right now, but damn your kind and naive emotional side. You interrupted the eye contact, turning  180 degree so you he faced your back. "Come in and lay down," you murmured, going straight to bed. He didn't ask twice, closing the door behind him, before making his way to you. He carefully slipped under the covers, making sure not to make a single wrong move to stretch your nerves anymore. He avoided the blankets completly, assuming you wanted them for yourself. Even here, you let your eyes wander to the window, not giving him the benefit of looking at you. "Are you mad at me, darling?" Sighing you ignored the question, pretending to already be asleep. "Are you going to leave me?" Again, no reaction from you, just the silent sound of your breathing. "Please, just one word darling, I cannot bare the thought of you not talking to me," he now pleaded, restisting the urge to make body contact. "Let. Me. Sleep." The words slided out of you, no emotion in them. Peter flinched, not used to you being so cold towards him. "Please darling, I beg of you, don't leave me..." 

"I do not wanna to talk right now," you finally replied to one of his questions, covering yourself completly with the blanket.  Peter grabbed your left shoulder, even under the blankets you could feel his nervous grip. "I must," he pleaded and began kissing your shoulder. "Please my sweet, don't ignore, hit me, yell at me, punsh me to death, but don't ignore your boyfriend." Just as he wanted to intensify the touch, you caugh his hand. "I don't hate you, but I am tired, so let me rest," you ordered, giving him a light squeeze to make him understand. "That's all I needed to here darling, thank you, thank you a thousand times for not hating me, you're  an angel, no a goddess, no the most kind being someone could meet and I lo-?!" He wanted to say the three magic words but you stopped him immediatly. "I don't want to hear this flattery right now, I am not a higher being, I am just as human as you, so don't put me on a pedestal, understand?" He vigorously nodded, giving you a thumbs up, just happy you'd looked him in the soul mirrors again. "Good," you finished, retreating your hand as fast as before. "Now lay down, close your eyes and sleep, I have to think a little," you demanded and he surprisingly did as you told, except the eye-closing thing. "Why don't you sleep?" He smiled at you, his grin almost reaching his ears. "Wanna make sure you are safe asleep before me," he answered with this goofy smile again. "Whatever, I'm going to sleep," you murmured, assuming your on the side sleeping position. "Can...Can I at least hold your hand darling, I wanna make sure you're safe?" "Peter, you're already sleep beside, I talked to you and now you want to hold my hand after the disaster with Don?" He shut up, but you could feel the nervous fidgeting with his hands. "I'm sorry, I shoudln't have pushed my luck, goodnight my beautiful star," he apologized, but you didn't return the common gesture. The window let you display the endless amount of the sunlight, making you wish you could be as free as her, free from all the problems of this worlds. Sadly you were born as a lowly human being, who must yet find their purpose in their life. Sighing you entraced your hand with Peters, not letting him let go of you. The man flinched, not used to you making the first move, but gladly squeezed your hand tightly. You could hear the sheer relief in his breathing as you began to touch him, as if a thousand rocks fell from his heart. "Thank you darling, I know I am imperfect to you, but I'll try to be better, you can count on me, I'll prove it to you somehow," he swore to both of you and you could feel his eyes, going from the ceiling to your form. 

Hopefully he will stand true to his vow, but seventy-five percent of your brain judged you wrong about that. Maybe if you had a little more faith in him, the problem would solve itself...Maybe...