The call

The first week was the worst. Really, the worst. Your mother scolded you not telling them anything, she was sweet with a bitter breeze of strictness. Her stare could kill any man who'd mess with you.
"I told you to stay with us Y/N." Your mother losing insanity while you sat there like a puppy.
"I have raised you to be a strong, independent woman Y/N." She raised her hands in the air, cursing every possible god that exists.
"I can't believe what that dumbass did to my daughter," she continued this time with a deadly pot attacking the invisible man.
"Dear, calm down," your father put a hand around her.
She sighed, putting her hands to her forhead dramaticly.
"Atleast this freak of nature is in jail now. He can rot there, for all I care."
Your father nodded, and gave you a wink.
He just knew how to handle that woman.
"Dear, I think we should let her rest now."
Your mother wanted to protest, but was already dragged into their bedroom, leaving you alone with your thoughts.
That was your first day at your lovely birth place.

The following week was filled with fights, conversations about how you should search for a man, yada, yada.
Atleast your father had you backed up against your mother. Even though she was a nuisance, she always wanted the best for you.
Yet you sit here staring out the window for no reason, until your phone rang vividly. You refused to talk to anybody.
Don, Lucy, TK...
You only texted them, that you would be out of town for a while, so that the don't call the cops.
Finally you picked up, not knowing if it was a scam or a joke call.
"Hello?" First you were met with silence.
"Am I talking to Y/N L/N?" Obviously it was an elderly fellow.
"Who wants to know that?" The anxiety rising in your throat didn't help either.
"We call from the local restricted asylum. I'm the therapist of Peter King.

[I don't know Peter's last name, correct if I'm wrong]
You swallowed. Why the hell are the calling you?
"Hello?" The doctor's voice resounded.
"Yes, apologize. Yes aehm- I'm Y/N L/N," you managed to get out.
"We have Mr. King secured and safe in our care, though we need someone close to  discuss his current status
He only mentioned you name, refusing to call his mother or other family members."
Your heart skipped out for a second.
"But we barely know each other," you lied poorly.
"I understand the circumstances anf I know why he is here Mrs L/N."
He said that as if it was the most normal topic to discuss.
"But maybe it will help his mental health if he interacted with his most trusted person."
You sighed, pulling yourself together.
"I can't. The things he did. I can't face him. Not right now, atleast."
"That's absolutly understandable Mrs. Though would you mind talking to him though the phone. You decide when and only you will call him. If he gets violent or threatens you we will end it. He doesn't get a chance to redeem himself and will be longer here than he wants. His choice.
But with your insights we have a good chance to curs him."
Gulping you put the phone away from your ear.
Should you? No? Yes? He couldn't harm you, couls he?
The doctors voice brought you back to reality.
"Are you still there Mrs. L/N?"
"Yes, yes I'm not sure if that's right for me."
"Would you like to talk to him? He has been eyeing me the entire time since he heard your voice."
"Will this be recorded?"
"No, only some trigger words, so that we can step in, if things get out of hand."
You are such an idiot.
"Yes, I'd like to talk to him."
"Just a moment." The doctor spoke to Peter and the man eagerly grabbed the handle out of your hand.
"D-D-Darling?" The trembling was unbearable. You knew he was scared to say something wrong.
"Yes?" You tried to sound as monotone as possible.
"Oh m-my darling. You're really speaking to a lower being like me. Oh! I must see you my everything. It is so devastating here, they tied me up, but I am behaving just for you. I- I- have so much to tell you.
Can you come see me? Can you? Can you, pleas—"
"STOP!" He immediatly shut up. You and your damn emotions.
"Just stop," you finally managed to calm yourself down.
"I am so so—"
"Cut. It. Out. Peter," you warned the male.
"I'll speak and you'll will listen, is that understood?"
"Of course, anything you wish dear," Peter swore.
"I am so done Peter. I only agreed to this to help you get better.
I don't know if you'll ever get out of there. But I am no monster Peter. Even though you've hurt me, too many times, I wasn't a saint either. The dilema with Lucy and TK, hell, even Don jumped on the train. I am terribly sorry for hurtinh your feelings. I could've stopped them, but I didn't. It was unfair to you and again, I apologize." You finished your confession.
You could hear his breathing, slow and unusual.
"You don't have to apologize for anything my dear, I'll always forgive you. I know you'd never hurt me on purpose.
You just do what you think is right."
He didn't sound angry, embarassed, he just accepted your apology, pressing you no further than you'd like.

"There is something else," you admitted, regaining the control of youe heart.
"Yesssss?" Peter sounded eager. Too eager.
"I'm not sure how to ssy this without you turning the whole place upside down," you fiddled nervously.
"Just say it darling, you don't have to be afraid to tell your boyfriend anything."
Those words. Those awful words of doom.
"Peter? I think it's better that we don't see each other anymore. Not as friends and definitly not as strangers.
It's better this way. For you and me. I know you'll find someone else after this process.
You are kind, smart, intelligent and fun to be around. But after that events, I don't think I can handle being with you anymore."
For a moment you heard nothing. Suddenly the phone was dropped, but you could still hear various things flying around, accompanied with Peter's screaming, growling and insanity screaming all out at once.
You wanted to hang up. You really wanted. But words like 'Y/N', 'dissapointment', 'worthless' and other negative names kept you on it.
Hopefully he'll recover with thw doctors and you callings every now and then.