Catching up on old times

Unaware  of the monster lurking in the alleyway you finally made it to TK. They really were a lifesaver. You rang the bell, whish had an odd sound, like in a horror movie when the protagonists find the creepy mansion with the creepy doorbell. "And there is my bestest friend in the entire world," TK sang and hugged tightly, like you two haven't seen in ages. "T- TK... Can't breath... Please... Need... air," you mumbled out of breath while patting his shoulders. "Oh. Sorry Y/N. Bad habit of mine, don't mind it, come in," he waved with his hand and gestured you to the kitchen, while closing the door behind you. "Make yourself comfortable, I hope you don't mind, but I prepared diner for the both of us. "Oh... You really shouldn't have... I don't wanna be a bother," you said, before your mouth got shut with a big spoon. "I'll not have you sad and hungry while you're at my place," they countered and left you flabbergasted, still with the spoon in your mouth. The taste was magnificent, you weren't sure what it was, but no wonder TK was such a good cook with this kind of skill. 

Outside, the leaves rustled in the late afternoon sun. Between them, a lanky figure studying your face. "How could you have so much fun without me there darling," he whispered heartbroken, holding his hands in front of his chest. "You would not do this to me... Your are just spending time with your friend, nothing else," he calmed himself down. Suddenly the image of you and the name of your roomate who doesn't fall from his lips caught his attention. "No, you would not betray me like this... ," he muffled. Lucy was a whore, but compared to her he tolerated TK more than her. 

TK and you finished the meal, with you patting your stomach like you had eaten the whole buffet with TK not even touching anything, afraid of you eating him too in the process. "That was delicious TK, how can I repay you for that," you laughed heartly at him. They waved, a tiny red stripe paving his entire face. "Thank you, but I'm just so glad you could find the time to finally have long sleepover with me, you were so busy last time I though we never get to do it again," they added, a sad smile appearing on their usual calm and funny nature.  Ok, now you felt really bad, like really really bad, you messed up and who likes to mess up. Your legs having a will of their own carried you face to face with TK with each step they got redder and more nervous. 

You hugged them, usually not fond of this but for him you always make an exeption. "I'm sorry, it was a long time but I promise you, I'll make up for it," you whispered into their ear, not noticing how TK's ghost was already leaving  them. "Okay Y/N, I'd be honored but could you please let go of me?" The question sounded more like they would like to stay in this postion longer, rather than to leave your embrace. You withdrawed, holding your hands up in defense. "You win," you said, making your way back to your seat. 

Outside, leaves were torn out from their roots, branches got broken and dangerous growling emitted from upcoming darkness. His darling. His darling, hugged this.. this... other human being instead of him. He had to control himself, had to be calm, of course it was just a friendly hug nothing more, nothing more... But the feeling of being abandont kept growing stronger and more feral. 

"So... I guess I'll sleep on the couch then," you half yawned half spoke and made your way to the sofa. TK broke out of their trance watching you and jumped in front of you. "Actually-" they spoke and gestured to his bedroom. "- I have prepared my room for you, new sheets and everything," they offered kindly and proud of himself. "I told y-" You wanted to argue again but they shushed you. "- I know you said you would sleep on the floor, couch whatever, but please stay in my room for the night, you had a long day, you need some rest, don't worry about me, I sleep more here than in my own bed anyway," they came up with an obvious lie. Your eyes wandered to TK to the bedroom door and back. "You're really sure, I don't wanna disturb you." They nodded, opening the door for you. "Yeah, now hop in there before I have to drag you in," he warned you and pushed you inside. "Call me if you need anything, you can use everything you need in there," they screamed, while footsteps dissappeared from your position. 

Inhaling the scent of your best friend that you appreaciated wouldn't bring Peter up as a subject  made you feel secure here. Even mentioning his name, put your body in an alert state, every second. You had to find a way to deal with him, escaping this cycle of breaking up and then getting back together. Something in you, a tiny voice overheard by the reasonable ones in your head wanted you to not give up on him. Maybe it was you good-nature or you were just a dumb naive- looking idiot all this time. 

You changed into you night clothes, covering yourself with the many  sheets TK has provided you with. Even though it was warm outside, your body shivered at the mere thought of Peter following here and seeing you with your best friend. 

Again, the swishing of Mother Nature outside revealed the monster stalking your every movement. He could burst in right now, claim you as his and the thought of it thrilled him more than ever. The rising heat of adreanline in his body, the thought of you being with him again, it was a winning situation for him... 

He wanted to sprint in...Stopped...When he heard you say his name...