Aftermath and Runaway

As soon as everything turned quiet, ypu allowed yourself to catch a breath. Don joined you, in your duet of exhaustion.
"Finally," he said, hugging you tighter to his chest. You didn't answer, processing the events of this awful day. "Don't blame yourself Y/N. He had it coming, one way or another," the hunk explained, trying to ease your pumping heart. You raised your head, turning your 180 degree. Don met you and laughed. He... laughed. It was the  first time you saw your landlord genuinly smile.
You giggled a little, it helped you seeing another person smile. "What's so funny?" Irritation was written all over his face.
"Nothing..." You waved with your hand. "Just, your smile is addicting," you half-giggled, half coughed.
Don's stern neutral expression came back. Did you offend him or embarrass him?
A deep, bloodred blush crossed his face.
You had your answer.
"Not used getting compliments?" You teased him.
"From others it means nothing, but from you... It confused me, can't think straight.
I don't like it when I'm not un control."
He mumbled the words to himself, rather than talking to you.
"What does that mean?"
Your unease crawled back, your gut telling your already in what direction this conversation would go.
"Where my signals not enough? You know damn well, what I mean," he said, groping a little to tighlty.
"I'm not sure what you mean," you lied with an honest face.
He came down and kissed your forhead, patting you on the head at the end.
"You know, even though I'm an old soul, I still have feelings," he sighed deeply offended. You could slap yourself, scolding your... rescuer.
"Don, I'm so so—," you began.
Shaking your head, you turned around, slapping him with your ponytail in the process.
"Ouch," Don grunted, puting his head on the area.
"Oh f*ck I'm so sorry, I-," you stuttered unrecogniceable words out.
The man growled and kissed you suddenly on the lips. Securing your arms in his, to stop you from resisting. "Don?" You whispered, between sloppy smoosh sounds. The man didn't let go, pulling you tighter. You had to stand on tip-toes to even reach his lips. He noticed it, grabbing you under your hips and propelling you upwards.
"Don...?" Even though the man didn't wanna let go, he wouldn't want you to be occupied of doing this. Even though he already crossed that thin line.
He broke the connection, but kept you safe in his arms, securing your weight lie you were a feather.
"I love you Y/N," the man breathed into your face.
Unfazed, neutral and composed on the outside, a whirlwind of feelings transformed from a soft breeze to a radiating storm. You gazed at him, than at the ceiling, to the side continuing thisloop for a few times.
Breath in. Breath out.

"Don...I'm sorry for hurting your feelings earler, but you always came off as a man, who stood in life with two feet. I didn't assume you even wanted someone, let alone me, in your life...
I appreciate your kind words, I really do, but what happened with Peter, TK, Lucy everyone...
I just wanna have some time to think, nobody bothering me...
I feel bad for crushing your feelings, but I don't think I can give what you want.
Hell, I dont even know my own feelings right now.
Everyone feels miserable because of me, I don't want that. Everyone of you deserves someone, even in this god forsaken place you clearly could find someone.
And? I'm blabbering again..."
You finished your melancholic ballade with a heavy defeated sigh.
"Oh you sweet little thing," he whispered, pulling you into a hug. Before you could say anything, he knelt between your knees.
"Would you give me a chance, would you give this man the honor of showing you the right way of courting a lady?"
You hid a chuckle, but failed.
"You know how to woo people, Don."
Outstretching your hand you caressed the  rough skin of his cheeks. The hunk  followed every move of your hand.
"But I am not the right person you shoud woo," you explained as subtle as possible.
He caught your hand, yanking it to his face.
"How do you know it?"
You raised an eybrow.
"Know... Know what?"
"How do you know you're not the one for me? Who are you to judge my feelings/desire?"
"I don't know that, but I believe I am the wrong choice here..."
He rose to an abnormal pose, towering over you like—....
You only realize it now.
Paralysed you awaited the ugly words/hits/kicks anything that could hurt you.
It was a counterstrike, a protective shield as you would call it.
"Who did f*ck with you? Who messed you up? Who turned that kind soul into a constant spotting-out-for-danger-dom?
TELL ME... TELL ME WHO MESSED YOU UP? TELL ME Y/N, I ONLY WANT TO HELP YOU?"
You got him off from you, using a slighlty clumsy kick-in-the-nuts, which worked on every male, no matter how strong he was.
"Urgh! Aurgh!"
Don slumped to the ground, a lucky hit you guessed.
"Y/N!"
Your name was yelled several times, but turned to a shallow howl as you escaped between bushes and house gates.
Gasping you turned around, hands to to your head, hiding between plants.
You couldn't handle it any longer. The pressure was too much. Too many emotions, too few options to cope with them. Your body worked against you. You needed help, you needed someone, you would even go so far that you needed HIM right now. In this very moment.
You must find a way. You needed to find a way. You pulled your phone out, dialing your emergency number. There are a few people in this world you could trust your life with.
Your ego? Hurt! You pride? Hurt! Your feelings? You don't know.
The unnerving tone of the phone rang.
"Hello? Y/N?" The calm, understanding voice already soothed your worries.
"Hello?" You got back to reality.
"Dad?"
"Y/N?"
"I... Can I stay with you and mum for a few days. I know it sounds ridiculous, I am an adult...," you numble helplessly.
"Dear, of course you can stay over. My little princess will always have a place. "Where are you, I'll be there as soon as I can," he reassured you.
You told him time and place and thanked him, before breaking the call.
You hoped everything turned right in the end...