Dates and Differences

Preparing for your date you put your best clothes on, making sure to look decent enough to appear in public and giving yourself a last wink to yourself in the mirror. Thinking you had to walk to the address of the restaurant you couldn't be more wrong. Exiting the apartment complex you spotted Peter, sitting nonchalant with his arm over the right seat.

*How the hell can he afford such a barrow?*

Your mouth almost hitting the ground as you inspected the expensive piece of metal art. Standing there as ordered and not picked up you gulped your surprise down.

"What job has is guy?"

Peter noticed you as he was fixing his rearview mirror, quickly pulling the car door open to greet his angel. "Hello~ Are you waiting for a dashing gentleman ready to pick up his gal?" Raising an eyebrow you smiled awkwardly and gave him a hug. "Knock it off Peter I'm just ... surprised?" You didn't even know how to answer since the car was really something else. "I thought we'd meet at the diner you texted me?" He rolled his eyebrows overdramaticly while taking your hand plus that big goofy smile. "I couldn't let my beautiful lady walk like a peasant." He really wasn't short in giving someone the feeling they are more valueable than they really are. "Peter, that's really sweet of you but I can take care of myself," you pointed out and raised a finger onto his lips. His face turned crimson red, skin tingling from your gentle touch and the temperature rising and cooling in an endless cycle.

*Oh my god – S–he is t–ouching m–e ag–g–ain.*

Peter leaned into your touch and kissed your inner hand, savoring the moment in his mind. "I know, but I'll always spoil to the heavens my dear little sunshine," he smirkend and kissed you on the forehead. Chuckling you let yourself drown in the soft fabric of the car seat with one hand supporting your head on the edge. Peter giggled like an exited child, joining you and chauffeuring you to the restaurant. The whole drive you enjoyed the wind in your hair, the passing people, buildings and clear sky, the simple things that make you happy. The bald man gazed at you in wonder how you can be more endearing each day. You looked at the world with curiousity and honesty, something most people forget. One of the reasons he fell for you, you were just perfection in person.

After a fifteen minute drive you arrived at your destination. It was an old-fashioned but well preserved diner, with red neon lights illuminating the entrance. The waiter gave Peter directions to the parking spot area continuing with guiding you to the most exclusive seat in the whole building. You were surprised how much effort Peter put into impressing you.

"Peter I don't want to sound unromantic but...HOW THE HELL DID YOU PAY FOR ALL THIS STUFF!?!"

Your voice raised louder than you'd like and people stared at the two of you. Peter took both of your palms, rubbing your adrenalin down. "Calm down sweetheart, you deserve only the best!" Deep inside of you the feeling of alertness crept from your toes to your head. You didn't like it but somehow it feels right? You couldn't describe it. This man seems to have everything and yet he had chosen you. At the same time he seemed very lonely, distant even aggressive to people that try to come near to you. "What are you thinking in that pretty little head of yours?" Peter licked his tongue over his lips, the temperature feeling quite hot in here. Getting back to reality you laughed nervously, putting your hands on the table. "I'm just thinking...What? ...What?...What is your job?" He smiled wider with the end of his mouth almost touching his ears. "I'm just testing products, making reviews, boring stuff like that...nothing important." Part of you didn't believe but your damn emotional side was getting in the way. "Oh that sounds ... interesting? What about your family?" The brightness turned to anger, disgust and sadness.

"Friends?" That only made the situation worse and his mood got darker, his grip tightening almost made yelp in pain. "Aquaintances?" This was the last straw and he growled dangerous. Flinching back you crossed your arms and looked at the careful prepared steak before you the aroma creeping into your nose. Even the tasty smell of the meat before you couldn't distract yourself from the dangerous beast sitting across you. "D-DARLING!" You definitely crossed a line and your waved your defensive in the air. "I'm sorry I just wanted to know more about you," you apologized and stared at him with dog eyes. The bald man calmed down a bit seeing your helpless frame. "I'm not ready to talk about it darling, it's difficult for me, I hope you understand." Shrinking back into his chair he held his head high, his soul mirrors facing anything but you. You put your hand on his cheek, caressing it and gliding from then to his nose and his eyes directing them into yours. "Of course I understand, everyone has their own little secrets," you said understanding, since you don't have a good wire to your own family. He kissed your hand and you two let the topic drop. The food and drinks were high standards and your every wish was fulfilled immediately. At 11 p.m. you headed home and Peter didn't make the first move, remembering you cherished your space. A part of you doesn't want to let him go, another reminded you of your mantra. "I'll see you, darling."

Before he could take one step a you snaked your arms around his torso and buried your face into him. Peter stopped and was shocked at this sudden action.

"D-D-Darling?"

Overwhelmed he processed this. Before he could ask again you tightened your grip and closed your eyes. One moment later you gave him a belly rub while inhaling his intoxicating scent. "Peter, who are you? Who is the man who was stalking me for such a long time? Who am I dating? I want to be with you but I'm still not sure if we would work out. Will you snuggle with me tonight I don't want to be alone?"

So many questions and before he attempted to speak a second time you shut his mouth. "No words. I just want to be held by you. Nothing else."

He nodded immediately and you pushed him into the soft mattress, while lying on his chest. "Thank you sweetheart."

You looked at him and he remembered your order. "For what?" He took your face and pressed a kiss on your forehead. "Nobody has ever hugged me like this, I'm flattered since normally I'm the one who gives hugs." You smiled and simply nodded, adjusting yourself into a good sleeping position, your eyes heavy you fell into the land of dreams.

Peter put a blanket over the both of you and his eyes turned thin from happiness. This was the first step of being with you. YOU had invited HIM to your bedroom and now you snuggled into his embrace. He knew you would warm up to him. But the question still remained. Who was he to you? He was sure you already knew how much he loves you.

BUT IT BOTHERS HIM SOO MUCH THAT YOU STILL NOT SURE IF YOU WANT TO BE WITH HIM. He knew you were an introvert and he always puts your need before his and still you weren't sure. He had to make better attempts of wooing you, even if you wouldn't like it. Even if he must force you to be happy with him.

But this would be his last resort....