The real you

The walk to Peter's house seemed more uncomfortable than the way to your apartment. Something told you, a nasty screeching feeling in your gut, that something is going wrong somewhere. Like that feeling when you're sure everything is alright, but still worry about the tiniest things. "Deep breath's breath's Y/N, deep breath's," you repeated the soothing words like a mantra to yourself. Chilly air whirled around you, making you even more anxious, you hated to be like that. To worry about every single detail in your life, but hey, everybody has their own tics. It was a comfortable lie everybody can tell themself's to feel a bit better. You appeated at the doorstep far later than you anticipated. Strange, the door was open and a little light illuminated the otherwise pitch-black house. Oh dear, that could only mean Peter stayed awake until you returned or the tv was on, though the second option was far better than the first. You seriously didn't want to deal with Peter right now, feeling far too tired for doing anything for him to ease his constant abandonmetn issues. 

Quietly closing the door behind you, you heard voices (yeah, it was the tv). Or so you thought as you stepped closer to the living room. No light, no tv, just utter darkness surrounding you. Putting your things down you walked to the wooden stairwell, hoping it wouldn't screech so that he noticed you. Your inner child cheered right now, feeling like a ninja or spy discovering something truly remarkable. You chuckled at that thought wandering your way up to the first floor. But your laughter would soon turn into the opposite direction...

You just wanted to go to bed, but as you passed Peter's room deep, almost baritone deep muffles entered your eardrum. Your gut was right all along. "Do you feel what Y/N feels now, you little piece of garbage," the voice of your landlord echoed and you took a step back. *Were you already dreaming or was this really happening right now?*

"ANSWER ME BOY," Don's sharp tone taking you back to reality. You didn't hear Peter, assuming he couldn't talk or refused to. "You like manipulate her, to ravish her, to keep her on a tight leash so that no one can come between you and her, don't you?" An oppressed scream was heard, but Peter seemed to refuse to give in. Peeking through the hole you almost fainted at the sight, eyes widening like never before. "Don't talk, oh I'll make you talk, when I slice that-," he paused taking a his knife, and playing with it around Peter's face. The man was laying in the bed, a thick rope bound around his wrists on this back, face burried in the pillow. Peter had no chance of defending himself. "Come on, I just bound your arms and legs, and not your bratty mouth, what happened to the confident words from before," he mocked the bald guy, tracing the knife along his face again. "Open that mouth of yours," he began, forcing Peter to look at him. Peter didn't give in, he just laughed darkly and finally responded. "I endure every pain for my darling, I'm not scared of you old man, if Y/N could see you right now, what would she say?" Don seemed to consider the other human's words for a moment, shaking his head. Before he could answer, Peter cut him off. 

"You can show everyone what a good citizen you are, what a generous and righteous man you are around Y/N, but I can see devotion when I spot it. Devotion is something I'm most familiar with," he explained and laughed again. "You have feelings for her don't you old man?" Silence followed and you assumed Peter had hit a nerve. "I take that as a yes," Peter said to himself and tried to get himself free from the ropes, but this man know this business all to well. "You want to be by her side, to protect her, but you know what?" Don didn't say a word, gazing into the deep-ocean blue eyes of the other. "That place is already taken," he finished with a dark grin. "And I'm not gonna abandon it anytime soon, so you better get out of here, before my darling sees us both in this condition," he warned the well-built man. 

You were taken back, indulging in the scene before your soul mirrors. It was almost like you were in a hollywood movie, discovering all the dark secrets about the people around you. A part of you did like the extreme feeling of it though. Anyway you had to do something before this thing gets out of hand. Hand on the doorknob you hesitated for a moment, as their rather normal conversation continued. "You really think you can outmatch me freak," Don whispered darkly, grabbing Peter at the back of his neck forcing him up into a siting position. "You think you deserve her more than anyone, even though you clearly don't belong in the public, I can make sure you land in a clinic, you know, I have many contacts," he menaced the man. "You're really nothing more than a sad lonely old man, searching for someone to protect aren't you?" This sentence shot the otherwise calm and collected man over the edge. "I will make sure Y/N sees your true being, your true inner bastardness," Don reassured him, gripping him tighter than before. "She will never love someone like you, some random stranger from the street, some psychopath, who's nothing else but a pathetic weasle needing constant attention."

You could feel the invisible lightning bolts shooting around the room, trying to murder the other. The presence of the two, ready to kill each other, an aura as deathly as poison itself swirrling around them. 

*Whelp it's time to enter the show now, if you don't want to drag two corpses out of this room. Either you die in there between the fronts or you could ease the situation (which was not one of your strenght's)...