-Hero Names-

"I got mad people shouting my name on the way to school!"

"I got so embarrassed, everybody was staring at me so intently!"

"I got consoled with 'don't mind!' calls by frickin' elementary school kids!"

"We became the centers of attention for just one day!"

"Dude, U.A. really is amazing."

"They kept telling me that they'll root for the villain in rehabilitation." Kuroka sweatdropped as that name was picked up with many of the people that stopped the tell her to how good she was.

Her arms were bandaged up and under that there was medical tape, her legs and other parts of her body got similar treatment to reduce the residual pain and strain on her muscles from lifting a building a day before.

"Morning." The whole class shut up as Aizawa entered.

"Aizawa-sensei, I'm happy you were able to remove your bandages!" Tsuyu said.

"The old lady got over dramatic with her treatment but let's put that aside. Today's hero information period is a little special... It's time to formulate your codenames. Your hero names."

"OH MY GOD YES!! NOW THIS IS MAKIN' MY CHEST SWELL!!" Kuroka covered her ears as everyone screamed something.

"This is related to the draft nominations by pros I mentioned the other day. The nominations will truly start mattering only after you've gained some experience and your adaptable fighting ability is judged during your sophomore and senior years... In other words, the nominations you're getting this year are more akin to expression of 'interest' in your future potential."

"God he talks a lot." Kuroka whispered to Izuku who fought to not laugh.

"And it's not rare that that interest dries up by graduation or simply unilaterally dropped... So I guess the nominations we received are like personal hurdles, then!" Tenya voiced, Kuroka pulled her lips in a thin line, staring at the back of his head, he still hadn't even spoken to her after that day.

"Yes. Now the tally of nomination is as follows." The blackboard was suddenly filled with writing. "Typically the results are more balanced but this year all the attention leaned towards three of you."

Kinzoku: 10'374
Todoroki: 4'123
Bakugo: 3'556

"TEN THOUSAND?!!" The class screamed as they looked at her.

"Based on this... Regardless of whether or not you received any nominations, I'll be having you all go get some so-called 'work-place experience'. Well you've all dipped a toe in the world of the pros and villains unfortunately but I think experiencing the activities of pros firsthand will prove to be more fruitful training than before."

She sighed at how loud this class was being.

"Of course placeholder names are fine too, but something appropriate--" "BECAUSE IF NOT, IT'LL BE HELL FROM THERE!! THE NAMES YOU PICK NOW! IN MANY CASES THEY STAY THAT WAY AFTER BECOMING PROS!! THE NAMES YOU COME TO BE KNOWN BY THE WORLD AS NOW!!"

"MIDNIGHT!!"

"Well, she is correct. I'll be having Ms. Midnight evaluate you naming sense. The way your futures end up will approach the image projected by the names you chose. It's all down to that old phrase 'names and natures often agree.' for example: All Might"

---------------------------------------------

She was given a little white board she stared at, uncapping the pen but she couldn't come up with anything.

---------------------------------------------

"All right, it's almost time for those who're ready to present their names for the class!"

Yuga was the first to stand up and show of his name.

"Here it comes....The name of the sparkling hero: I cannot stop twinkling!!"

"THAT'S A WHOLE SENTENCE!!!"

"If you take out the 'i' and abbreviate it to just a 'can't' it'll be easier to say."

"Too right mademoiselle."

"Oh my god she accepted that." Kuroka whispered.

"Right, Hey, I'm next!" Mina said. "Call me Alien queen!!"

"Ah!! You're aiming for the image of that super-acidic blood thing?! Quit while you're ahead!!" Midnight shot it down.

"It is okay if I go next?" Tsuyu asked. "I've known since elementary school what name I'd be. Froppy!!"

"Oh wow, that's adorable!! It's great, it's got a nice, friendly feel!! Use her well-liked model as a guide for your own name okay?"

"For mine! Red Riot!"

She stopped listening looking at her white board with a frown, not able to come up with anything more then 'Metal hero:' but for the exactly name she was struggling.

---------------------------------------------

As everyone kept choosing their name the pressure was growing until she was called out.

"That went smoother that I thought it would! All that's left it Bakugou's revision and... Iida, Midoriya plus Kinzoku.

She said nothing when Tenya wrote his own name down like Shoto, knowing why it might be he chose that name and then Izuku went.

He chose Deku, it made her smile as how mad Katsuki got for him choosing that.

Kuroka looked down at the name she wrote down with a sigh and stood up.

Standing behind the teacher's desk like everyone she stood the white board so everyone in the class saw.

And a huge silence followed.

"I mean it is not a bad name but the past behind it might make it hard for people to trust you." Midnight said, reading the name.

Metal hero: Razor-blade

"I know." She admitted. "Razor-blade is a name tied to a hero killer but it's mine name, I want to become the number one hero to prove to false heroes that a villain can do a better job then they can so I'll keep my old name, I want that name to bring hope and not just fear when people hear it because that's what a hero does, brings hope."

"I'LL ALLOW IT!!!" Midnight yelled, Kuroka smiled a little, going back to her place and sitting down.

She stared at her hero name with a smile, she couldn't part with her old name and she was happy she didn't need too, it would have felt like a part of her past was lost forever if she'd have needed to change names.

She turned to the stack of paper on her desk with all those that sent recommendations.

She instantly crumbled Endeavor's one and a few others before stopping on one from a very familiar hero and signing it with a sigh.

"I hope you can teach me something." She said, staring at the paper. "Mirko."