-First of consequences-

"I told you all that I know, the same story Bakugou can retell you."

"Well she is not lying." The hero interrogating her said.

Kuroka sighed, looking at her hands ziptied to a bed's wooden frame.

"I told you I wasn't lying."

"But that means... Nomus.... They are dead people or those small criminals that went missing." The chief detective said.

"I am not lying, knowing my mother is probably one of them doesn't help a lot with wanting to lie about that does it? I just wish for her to be put back to rest like she deserves.... Stupid kid, believing a villain when they say they can bring her back..."

"Kid." She felt a hand on her head. "Everyone has a breaking point, if my partner with a truth telling quirk says you are not lying then we'll believe you, we'll call the doctor so they can look you over one last time and then you are free to go."

--------------------------------------------

She rubbed her once against bandaged up arm with a sigh, first the tendon and now Shigaraki, it hung limply in a sling around her shoulder.

She had her visors down over her face, someone had somehow fixed the crack in the glass, she knew it was not a new one, the old scuffs were still there and all.

She expected Mirko to be here to pick her up but since she wasn't she was walking home alone. She wondered where the bunny hero was.

She stopped walking.

"Maybe she isn't here because she doesn't want to see me." She whispered, she did, even if for the greater good, betray heroes and turn back into a full blown villain.

It felt like a sudden weight dropped on her shoulders making her knees buckle but she caught herself.

She frowned at the ground, gripping and denting the metal railing she was holding as she stood straight again.

She walked off, legs carrying her another way, not knowing where to go.

--------------------------------------------

"Oy shitty goggles what are you doing here!!"

She looked up at Katsuki who had just walked out of an alleyway connecting to this road.

She didn't answer, Kuroka was too tired to argue with him.

"I aske--" "Why does it matter?!" She barked, going from zero to ten in a split second before back to zero. "It's not like you care."

"That damned nerd has been talking my ears off about some weird plan of his, you were supposed to come along."

She swore she could hear a pin drop.

"What?"

"I am not blind you know, Deku cares for you." He grinned. "You should have seen how scared the nerd was when you showed up on TV, still at the fight."

"They came for you, to save you."

"Then you are an idiot, the plan was to get everyone out so All might could fight free but you got in the way."

"You were too...." This shut the boy up. "But thanks, despite this meeting being by luck.... Thanks, I needed to hear this."

"HAH?!! Are you dumb?!!"

"Maybe." She smiled. "But I know they cared about me even with my betrayal. Thanks Pomeranian."

"DON'T CALL ME THAT?!!"

--------------------------------------------

She spent the next few hours walking around where ever her legs carried her, a few people stopping her to ask how the last moments off All Might looked but she could only be vague.

The betrayal in her mind weighed heavily as all these people had not known what she did and only thought of her as an aspiring hero student but she knew the truth.

--------------------------------------------

She ended up on the beach, falling to her knees, wave splashing up water on her thighs and lap as she stared into the water.

She pressed her usable hand in the sand as a fist.

"I need to get stronger.... I was so weak...." She whispered. "If only I had not been so weak in my resolve maybe none of this might have happened...."

She looked at the sky and then at the water again.

A heaviness in her chest that even a deep sigh couldn't chase away.

"I need to be strong.... I can't let them win.... I can't let them.... I need to be stronger... I promise I'll be better.... I NEED TO BE!!!!!"