Think of my head on your chest, and my old faded blue jeans

I can't believe Mitchell was right about Alex. I'm not even gonna bring it up so he doesn't rub it in that he was right.

After gym I walked towards lunch.

"Hey" I said and sat down next to Mae and Kay. "so hang out at your house?" Max asked. "yes" I said. "alright" Max said. "where's Leo and Kaiden?" Kay asked. "They had to finish their test" Max explained. "Elizabeth keeps looking over here" Kay whispered and I casually looked over and sure enough Elizabeth was giving me death stares. "lets go, there's too much negativity in this room" I said loud enough for Elizabeth to hear. "we'll see you guys after school" Kay said. "We'll be at your locker" Mae called out before we walked out.

"Alright class today we will be talking about a project and for that we will be put in pairs. I already have the pairs selected so here are the names, Olivia and Jack, Wesley and Amanda, Eli and Jessica, Kaycee and Marco," As soon as Mrs. Jackson said Kaycee's and Marco's name I saw Kay start to fiddle with her fingers, almost as if she were nervous. "and finally Lyndsey and Luis" mrs. Jackson said once she had read all the names. I turned to face Kay who mouthed the words, "Fuck me". I sighed and turned back to face the board. "For this project you will research outside of class so figure out the times with your partner" mrs Jackson said and Kay's hand shot up in the air. "Can I switch partners with Luis?" Kay asked. "no" mrs. Jackson said and walked towards her desk.

"What's wrong?" I whispered to Kay. "I don't want to do this with Marco" Kay whispered. "why?" I asked. "a year ago" Kay started to explain but was interrupted by Luis. "hey" he said. "hey" I said. "well uh I have baseball after school from three to five but after that we can hang and start the project" Luis suggested. "yeah, yeah that'd be great" I said. "alright see you at five at the library?" Luis asked. "yes" I said. "Alright" Luis said. "when are we gonna work on our project?" Marco asked. "never" Kay said and grabbed her stuff and walked out as the bell rang. I looked up at Marco who had a disappointed look on his face. I grabbed my bag and got up, hoping I could catch up to Kay. "could you talk to her?" Marco asked as he grabbed my arm. "I'll try" I said and walked out.

"Kay!" I shouted and caught up to Kay. "what's wrong?" I asked. "I don't want to work with him" Kay whispered. "why?" I asked. "Wanna skip Chemistry?" Kay asked. I nodded and we walked out towards the gym. We walked outside towards the bleachers.

"Marco and I dated the summer between freshman and sophomore year" Kay started off her story.

//Flashback//
//Kay's POV//

"Party at the pier you coming?" Mae asked me as she fixed her curly brown hair. "yea, but imma be a little late" I said and finished applying my mascara. "hanging out with Marco today?" Mae asked. "Yes" I said and smiled. "Where are you guys hanging out?" Mae asked. "near the lake" I said. "don't be late" Mae said and stood up. "we won't" I said. "alright well Max, Leo and Kaiden are at my house so I'll see you at seven" Mae said. "bye" I said and hugged her. "don't be late" Mae said before walking out. "I won't" I said and laughed.

I finished styling my wavy light brown hair and grabbed my phone. I took one last look in the mirror inspecting my outfit. Which consisted of a grey Paramore tank top with a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a pair of royal blue toms. I slipped on a beige color cardigan and walked out. "I'll be back by two" I shouted as I opened the door. "are you hanging out with Marco first?" mom asked. "yes, then party at the pier" I said. "alright be home at exactly two" mom said. "I will" I said. "be careful" mom shouted. "I will" I said and walked out.

I walked down the street towards the lake.

I was almost there when I heard a car horn behind me. I turned back and saw a blue pickup truck. I ignored it and continued walking. Again they honked but this time I continued walking. The car sped up until it was next to me. "hey girl need a ride?" the voice asked. I looked up and saw Marco grinning. "when did you get a car?" I asked. "my dad isn't home" Marco said. "but you only have your permit" I said. "shh, it's a start" Marco said and opened the door for me. I got in and closed the door.