Standing on the edge of my life

"Are you okay?" Luis asked as we walked down the street. "Yeah, I'm just thinking about the audition" I said and gave him a slight smile. " its tomorrow right?" Luis asked. "Yes, and don't worry I'll make it to your game. I have it all worked out" I reassured him.

"Well imma start heading home, I have to wake up early to get in one last rehearsal" I said as we walked towards my car. "I'll see you tomorrow at twelve" Luis said and hugged me. "I'll be there" I said and kissed him. "Alright bye" Luis said and opened the door. "Bye" I said and waved goodbye as I drove out of his driveway.

It was eight o'clock when I arrived home.

I walked inside and walked past Alex's room I hesitated and knocked on his door.

"Lynn? What are you doing here?" Alex asked. "I wanna ask you something" I said and closed the door.

"What?" Alex asked. "Who was your ex and what's this about a charge of domestic abuse?" I asked. "Who told you?" Alex asked. "That's not the point" I said,"is it true?" I asked. "Yes" Alex said and looked away," but she pushed me to my breaking point" Alex said. "What'd you do?" I asked. "I hit her" Alex said," I swear I didn't mean to hurt her!" Alex shouted. "Its okay I believe you" I said and grabbed his hand," why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "I didn't want you to runaway" Alex said. "Are you getting help?" I asked. "Yes" Alex said. "Good, I have to go. I have to wake up early tomorrow" I said and walked towards the door. "Lynn wait" Alex said," could we talk?" Alex asked. "About?" I asked. "Anything I just wanna talk" Alex said. "Okay" I said and sat down across from on his beanbag.

**************************************

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I looked around and saw that I was still in Alex's room. "Shit" I mumbled and got up.

I ran into my bathroom and took a shower.

I changed into a black undershirt with a pair of black shorts. I dried my hair and pulled into a fishtail braid. I quickly added mascara and liquid eyeliner. I slipped on Luis' old baseball jersey and buttoned it up.

I laced up a pair of black and white converse and placed a backwards dropdead snapback on my head. I grabbed my phone and walked out.

"Im leaving for Luis' game!" I shouted down the hall. Alexa and the guys were staying downstairs.

"Hello?"

"Are you almost here?"

"I'm on my way, I getting into the car" I told Luis as I opened the door.

"Don't be late"

"I won't, ill call you when I get there"

"Okay"

"I'm going to drive now"

"Drive safe, but hurry"

"Bye Luis"

"Bye Lynn"

I hung up and got into my car and drove off.

Twenty minutes later I arrived at the field.

As soon as I walked out I ran over to the field. "Told you I'd be here" I said as I hugged Luis. "I knew you would" Luis said and kissed me. "Well I'll let you guys practice" I said as I saw Alexa and the guys arrive. "What time will this be over?" I asked. "Three hours" Luis said. "Okay, good luck" I said and kissed him. "Thank you" Luis said and walked back to his team.

I ran back to the bleachers and sat down next to Alexa. She was wearing a black The Pretty Reckless cut off tee with white shorts. Alex was wearing a grey Green Day T-shirt with a pair of black shorts. Brian was wearing a white Nirvana tank top with a pair of black skinny jeans. "Nervous?" Alexa asked. "Yes for both Luis and I" I said. "Relax its all gonna be okay" Alexa said and patted my back.

****************************************

"They're tied" I said as bit my lip. I looked over and saw a tall guy talking to the coach. They looked at Luis and then whisper among themselves.

"I wanna know what they're saying" I whispered. "We'll just have to wait" Alexa said.

The game was almost over and they were tied, and Luis was up to bat. "C'mon" I whispered as I saw Luis position himself. He looked up at the pitcher who threw the ball. "Strike one" the umpire called out. Luis position himself again and waited. "Strike two" the umpire shouted. Luis looked over at me and I nodded," I know you can do this!" I shouted. He smiled and gave his attention back to the pitcher. He took a deep breath and swung. We all held our breaths as we watched the ball go over the fence. "Yes!" I exclaimed as I watched Luis run the bases. I looked down at the professional coach and at the coach and saw them shake hands and pull Luis aside. "He's gonna be a professional team!" I exclaimed.

"Lynn we gotta go, or we're gonna be late" Alex said. "Meet me in the car" I said and tossed Alexa my keys. They turned around and walked towards the car while I walked down to the field.

"They want to train me for a professional team Lynn!" Luis exclaimed and hugged me," I'll get a full scholarship and then after college I'll be trained to be in the major leagues!" Luis explained. "Ohmygod congratulations" I exclaimed and kissed him. "I knew you'd make it" I said and hugged him," I gotta go now" I said. "Right now?" Luis asked."yes" I said," if I don't leave now I won't make it" I said. "Break a leg, I'll stop by your house to see how it all went down" Luis said. "Thank you" I said and kissed him," bye" I said. "Bye" Luis said and I turned around and ran towards my car.

"Are you gonna change?" Alexa asked. "No time let's go" I said and we drove off.

Once we arrived at the venue we checked in and waited.

"Nervous?" Brian asked. "Yeah" I said. "We got this" Brian reassured me.

One by one they called the bands up to preform. What made me more nervous was that we were going to be preforming in front of the other bands as well.

"Pvris" they called out. "Let's go" i said and we got up. "Great another female fronted band" I heard a guy scoff. I ignored it and continued walking.

We walked to the stage and prepared ourselves. "Whenever you're ready" one of the judges said. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"You said you'd stay, I said I'd wait

All those words we spoke in vain
I still recall the bitter taste
I guess some things never change

And then I think of yesterday
And every promise that you made
I never thought I'd be
The one that you would break

But I will fight until the day the world stops turning
And they will fall to ashes, I will just keep burning

But tonight I need you to save me
I'm too close to breaking, I see the light
I am standing on the edge of my life
Standing on the edge of my life

This is how it all turns out
You're the hero, I'm left out
I should've known you couldn't stand
Up for me and be a man

I still have dreams of you at night
I can't tell the dark from light
I never thought I'd be
The one you'd leave behind

But I will fight until the day the world stops turning
And they will fall to ashes, I will just keep burning

But tonight I need you to save me
I'm too close to breaking, I see the light
I am standing on the edge of my life

With each step I hold my breath
And I'm tangled in your spiderwebs
How could, how could I fall
And I wonder if you ever cared at all

But I will fight until the day the world stops turning
And they will fall to ashes, I will just keep burning

But tonight I need you to save me
I'm too close to breaking, I see the light
I am standing on the edge of my life

Standing on the edge of my life
I am standing on the edge of my life"

"we'll let you know" the judge said and we walked out.

*****************************

************************************

song sung ------------>

song used as title: The edge: Tonight Alive