Down in flames

"Did you hear the baseball empire is crumbling!" Leo shouted as he walked towards us. We were all sitting outside on the bleachers. "what?" Mae asked. "they're having tryouts again for varsity because some new guys are badass and they're even better then the current team so couch wants to have new tryouts" Leo said in one breath. "who are these guys?" max asked. "her brothers" Leo said and pointed to me. "your brothers play baseball?" Kay asked. "They used to" I said. "what about the captain?" Kaiden asked. "he also has to try out" Leo said. "holy shit, this is serious" max said. "the cool kid empire is slowing crumbling" Kay said and laughed. "y'all know what this means" Leo said. "What" we asked. "if Lynn's brothers get invited to the parties, Lynn will too and then we'll all get invited" Leo exclaimed. "partying with the fancy people!" max shouted. "wait hold up, you guys want to be like the cool kids?" I asked. "no we're the real cool kids, but their parties are amazing" Kay said. "I want to go to one of their parties before I die" Leo said. "Looks who's here" Mae said and pointed to Mika and Mitchell who were walking up the bleachers. "hey guys" Mika said. "hey" we all said. "Lynn we're staying after school for tryouts, are you gonna stay?" Mitchell asked. "Yes" I said. "we'll all stay" Mae said. "we love to auto invite ourselves to everything" Leo said.

**************************************

"They all look pissed" I said as we walked onto the field. "Let the games begin" Mae said and smirked. We sat behind the batting cage and one by one they all went up. Luis, Wesley, Marco, Mitchell and Mika were the last one up. "the last of you will pitch and bat" Coach said.

//Mika's POV//

"I'm coming for your crown" I growled as I walked past Luis. "say goodbye to being the star pitcher" Mitchell whispered to Wesley. I nodded to Mitchell and we grabbed our bats. "Alright Kamila you're up" coach said and Marco walked up the plate while coach pitched. "Alright now you're up to bat" Coach said and traded places with Marco. "Alright Mika Terrasas you're up" coach said and I got up and grabbed a bat and helmet.

After I batted and pitched handed the bat to Luis. "beat that" I said and took a seat next to Mitchell. I was about to talk to Mitchell about the whole situation when I heard someone whistle. I looked over and saw Lynn mouth the words "what the hell are you doing?" I gave her a confused look and played stupid. "She's on to us" Mitchell whispered. "She'll find out when it's time" I said and went back to face the field. "Mitchell you're up" coach said and Luis handed Mitchell the bat.

After Mitchell batted he handed the glove to Wesley. "try and take me out of the team now" Mitchell whispered.

"Alright give ten minutes to make a decision," coach said and walked off with the JV coach.

I looked over at Luis and Wesley. They both looked nervous as hell.

"Alright here is the list" Coach said and taped a piece of paper onto the batting cage. One by one the guys went up to check. Mitchell and I stayed behind. "Go check" Lynn said and pushed me towards the batting cage. "Wait" I said and Luis went up to check. "what is this?" Luis shouted," Mika is captain!" he shouted. "no that can't be right" Wesley said and walked up and found his name. "I'm not the fucking star pitcher anymore what the bloody hell!" he shouted and punched the batching cage. "who's the star pitcher?" Marco asked and read the paper," Mitchell" Marco said answering his own question. I looked over at Mitchell who had a smirk on his face. "alright practice starts tomorrow" coach said. "coach wait" Luis and Wesley and chased after him.

//Luis' POV//

"Coach you can't take our places on the team" I said. "you guys aren't off the team" coach said. "He's not captain and I'm not the pitcher anymore it's like we are" Wesley shouted. "look we need to make it to state this year, and those two guys are great players. You both are great players but we need better" coach said and walked off.

"We need to fix this" Wesley said. "I need to be captain again" I growled. "you will be, we need to get those guys off the team" Wesley said," and I know how" Wesley said and walked off.

**********************************

****************************************

song used as title: Blank Space- Taylor Swift