part 2

Tommy let him help him up, as he dusted the dirt off his clothes trying to look a bit nicer, despite knowing the truth. He was just a servant, and This was a prince. There was no way he could even try to match standings here, not that he'd try. He knew his place in the chain.

Looking up to Wilbur, he nodded. It was alright, his eyes said so, as he heard he wasn't going to be turned in that was all he cared about. Not being sent back. He knew The prince most likely couldn't take the title of 'servant' from him. But, surely due to him saying he didn't have to go back, tommy wanted to repay him. He had been taught everyone should repay a debt.

His debt, was now in the prince for not snitching. With a soft weak smile, he pointed to himself, then to a maid who was tending to the flowers of the garden, and then To Wilbur. And then, he gave a respectful bow showing he was willing to work for him. Not for money, but to repay the gratitude and mercy shown. It was all he could do, pointing around to show what he wanted to say, he didn't dare ask for the book again. Not wanting to bother him about it.

Wilbur was glad to see the boy wasn’t disappointed about the fact he couldn’t really do much about his status. It was taboo not to return him back to his master to begin with, but buying a servants freedom immediately after meeting them? That was nearly  unheard of. It wasn’t uncommon to free trusted servants, quite the opposite, however most had carved out close bonds to those they served for years leading up to the act. The most he could do for the kid now was not alert anyone and possibly give him some fresh clothes and supplies so he didn’t die in the streets…

The prince startled a bit as Tommy started to motion around. He understood the preposition quickly, he would be pretty dim not to, but it was still surprising. It… it was a good option, though. They wouldn’t have to hide him or risk him being found out.  They would simply have to come up with a good cover story to explain why Wilbur had a lord’s servant, and likely make a monetary exchange: it wouldn’t be unheard of to simply exchange servants, but after what the boy had told him…. He wasn’t going to consciously subject anyone else to that.

He studied the boy for a second, before gently lifting his chin up. “Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked carefully.

With a nod he seemed happy. Tommy had hoped for a better life anyways. And the prince seemed kind, sure.. It could be a cover-up, he had seen many of those before. To many to be honest. He was only 15, and had seen more than he should. With betrayals and lose untold, some were surprised he was even alive to this day.

Oh how he prayed inside it wasn't a cover up, but.. Why would someone play an act, fake a smile or kind gesture, if they just met? Surely he had to trust that he was going to be fine. Sure, his old master would come looking for him, come the time he finds out he left, but that could be days. He wouldn't be missed by any of the other servants or people of the house. This, is what he wanted. To serve under Wilbur. One could see it in his eyes and smile. With pure intent not to double cross him.

Wilbur couldn’t hold back a gentle smile at Tommy’s antics. He seemed genuine, and that fact warmed the prince’s heart. He motioned for the boy to follow him before striding towards the door to the gardens. “We’ll need to do some preparations, then.” He confirmed, accepting Tommy’s proposal. It was, by far, the safest and smartest solution to the problem. And Wilbur was known to be stubborn anyways: meaning that him refusing to give up a new servant wouldn’t be out of character.

“We’ll need to get a uniform tailored to you, and a notebook and pen for starters. Then we’ll need a cover story to make all of this more believable. Like… I met you in town and you ended up so endearing I offered you a job. Not too far from the origA@inal story and leaving out the fact I harbored and took in a runaway servant.” He listed off, somewhat rambling as he headed towards the main servant chambers. “Then there’s the possibility your old master could come back….” The prince murmured..

Tommy followed, his eyes looking at the surrounding scenery and people. No-one seemed to care such a poorly dressed boy was walking beside the crowned Prince. That was alright he supposed. Best if he wasn't noticed. As he heard the other who was leading the way speak he couldn't help but imagine it, a life better than he could get. One where he could be himself again, and not be yelled at for a minor mistake. It seemed almost as if it were heaven.

The story Wilbur came up with, did sound a believable. And he liked it, very much as he happily skipped next to him, looking up and nodding fast. Plus, he offered him his own book to communicate with? That sounded amazing. The truth was, no-one ever had been this kind to him before, since his parents died. And he never truly met them.. He was to young to remember much about them.

Wilbur smiled as they got to a small room. It had a few uniforms hung up, and Wilbur started sorting through them. He picked out something that appeared like it would fit the boy before handing them over. He smiled, “here. You’ll blend in better. I’m sure it’ll be more comfortable than your own clothes as well.” He notes, before leading Tommy back outside of the room, and down the ornate halls.

Silver and blue were prominent everywhere they looked in the castle halls, the entire place radiating wealth. It was expected coming from the royal palace, of course: but it was still amazing seeing up close. “I’ll have to show you around once we get you everything you need. I already have some extra notebooks and pens in my room that I can lend you,” he says, already making his way to said location. He would need to get Tommy a room ready somewhat close to his own, to make it most convenient for everything the boy would have to do.

They arrived at his room after a few more minutes of walking, Wilbur pushing open the elaborate door. He motioned Tommy to follow him as he entered, moving to dig through his desk, grinned victoriously as he brought out a small note pad and a fountain pen. He turned towards the blonde, handing it to him.