part 9

Wilbur looked over towards Shlatt, frowning warily. He glanced subtly towards Tommy. “Only if he feels comfortable. He is rather new to the castle himself. I would hate for either of them to get lost.” He attempts, making sure to give Tommy an option to refuse. But, he couldn’t out right deny without being suspicious.

He smiled as Tommy accepts, though, nodding. “Very well, just be careful, both of you.” He responds, dismissing the both of them. “The meeting should be over in a few hours.” He informed, before giving his attention back to Shlatt. 

The meeting ended eventually, Wilbur standing from his seat and stretching out. He glanced towards Shlatt, eyes narrowed. The glare had a clear meaning as the prince left the room soon after: a look that read he wouldn’t be giving Tommy back, no matter what.

The prince walked around the castle to find the two boys, being trailed by the general, a man who was as close as a brother at this point. Techno was walking by his side, helping him look for Tommy and Tubbo, saying nothing. Wilbur smiled, going over as soon as he spotted the two.

Tubbo had some how convinced tommy to train with a few of the practice swords and bows. Always had a love for it, being prepared for much. Though both of them were told no-one was allowed to practice on such young boys, they decided to be each others sparring partners.

Tommy was laughing, as Tubbo failed miserably to beat him for the fifth time. "Come on, You said you wouldn't go hard!" The brunette said, going to pick the sword from the ground of which tommy had knocked it down to. This was something they used to do a lot, as both wore bright smiles.

Tommy hadn't noticed the general and Prince watching them, as he set the training sword into the stand of which held them, and also took Tubbo's to the same area. It seemed to a normal eye, the boys where very close as neither shared a glimpse of hate or discontent towards the other.

Tubbo suddenly said something, and Tommy frowned, before moving his hands in odd patterns. It seemed like that's how he spoke to Tubbo. Soon, Tubbo nodded and looked over, spotting Wilbur and Techno from the corner of his eye. He didn't seem to of seen them before as his eyes widened.

"Oh.. No" he said softly, as Tommy didn't look to where he starred. He knew who was there. And knew, he broke a rule of the palace. No training without permission. Especially with Tubbo, Shlatt would kill him for that.

Wilbur strode over, a small smile on his face. “Were you two training?” He asked, glancing towards the weapons rack. He was a bit impressed they actually managed to use the real swords, if he was being honest. He was also somewhat surprised to find that the two seemed panicked. He knew training has technically prohibited for non-military unless watched over, but he wasn’t much of a stickler of the rules.

Heck, he broke some rules himself regularly. He laughed softly at their slight panic. “Relax, I’m not going to turn you in. Just don’t train on your own next time. I don’t want either of you getting impaled.“ he joked, walking over with techno behind him.

Techno looked over his weapons, making sure none of them were at all damaged. “You two were pretty good.” He complimented, looking back over to them. Wilbur nods in agreement. “So, how’re you two enjoying your stay?” He directed towards Tubbo. “And, less hospitably, how did Shlatt react to… you know.” He nodded subtly towards Tommy.

Tubbo and tommy both gave a sigh of relief that they weren't in trouble. Thank goodness, if they were Tubbo knew his father would find out and that.. Was a major problem.

Especially for tommy. The two looked at each other and then the prince and his general. "Thank you general Blade.." Tubbo said kindly to the compliment. Then he focused on Wilbur's question. He had a brief talk with his father before coming, that should he see Tommy there.. To tell him. And he knew Shlatt knew tommy was there. Especially after seeing him in the royal halls.

"Well, he isn't happy to let him go.. And to be honest your highness.. Neither am I" Tubbo said, crossing his arms. Sure, he was the son of a lord but he was also still a young child, who didn't want to let his friends go yet. Tommy signed a few things to Tubbo to make him smile again. The blonde signed once more, and pointed to Wilbur. Of which Tubbo nodded to. "But.. If tommy wishes to stay, then he can stay.. I will tell my father he isn't the same boy"

Sure, he'd be lying, but who would do anything about it? Tommy's freedom from his father was better than them being able to see each other everyday, right?

"Prince Wilbur.. Thank you for not taking him back home" Tubbo said with a bow, and stood next to Tommy happily.

Wilbur frowned at the first confession. He expected that, of course. Shlatt was always a Stubborn man, and Tommy was really good at his job. Unfortunately, being good should also come with some sort of respect and perks as opposed to being horribly mistreated. He was taken aback by the second half of the sentence, unable to stifle a small amused chuckle.

He was glad to see Tommy at least had a friend at his old residence. He was glad to see Tubbo wouldn’t push to take Tommy back as well. He would make sure to give as many excuses to allow the two to see each other as would be allowed without being suspicious. “I thank you for helping us, young lord. I’m not sure how much I can do to allow you both to continue seeing each other frequently, however I will do my best.“ he assured, bowing his head lightly as he dismissed techno.

The prince waved the young lord off. “There is No need for that. Tommy has been a great help around the castle, and I hate it when my citizens are mistreated like that. I cannot do much for everyone I meet, but I can certainly help a runaway servant whose stumbled into the gardens.” He smiled.