part 37

It took a while but eventually Wilbur grew concerned. Mid day came and the boy still wasn't to be seen. He asked the maids of the kitchen and the guards at the gates if they had seen the boy, but all said no and he worried greatly.

He wondered if Tommy finally left, had he packed and went away? He felt a bit sad to even dare think that to himself but it crossed many times as he searched all the rooms.

It took an hour before he realised he hadn't checked The blondes quarters.. Maybe he just had forgotten to wake up? Odd but possible. So he decided to check. As he knocked on the door and awaited an answer. When none came he opened it.

To his surprise Tommy was still there, laying in bed, a bit pale to the sight of his already light toned skin. His eyes were closed as A small frown creased his lips. He stirred a little when Wilbur went to shake him awake.

He slowly opened his eyes, tired and confused. "Master..." He muttered softly. He sounded terrible. "What time is it?" He asked softly as he tried to sit up. His head was spinning, and he quickly fell back against his pillow.

Wilbur sighed, he was concerned for Tommy. The boy looked ill. And weak to the Prince as he sat beside him carefully looking down. He had never seen Tommy Sick before. The boy had always been in such great health at the palace.  He figured it was the trip that caused it, something out in the outskirts of The empire that he caught.

"its half past mid day Tommy" he spoke kindly. A normal noblesman would be upset when a servant of such standing was lazy but he knew there was a reason behind this all. "Are you alright? You seem ill.. Shall I call the doctor?"

It took much strength but the blonde eventually stood up and shook his head, swinging his feet to the side of the bed. While the room spun for perhaps a few moments he gained his vision quickly.

"I am alright sire.. Just, was up late sorry" he didn't admit to how he felt. He wouldn't.  He had to much pride in how he worked for Wilbur. How he helped the palace with his kind natural spirit. He wouldn't take the day being sick.

He stood slowly and looked over. "Sorry I slept in. I hadn't meant to, I will make it up to you" he said as he sighed, getting ready for the day.  He truly hadn't meant to sleep in. He just didn't feel the best. And Wilbur saw it clearly

"No no its alright if you want to take another day off please.. Feel free to do so" he said as he watched the blonde get ready. Part of him did not believe he was being honest. But he knew better than to fight with His Aide.. Tommy was stubborn, they both were. But in the long run he knew the younger would win any day.

Despite the Princes small efforts to keep him in bed Tommy wouldn't stay of course as he walked slowly to the door. "come.. We have to get your studies done sire" he said softly as he motioned for wilbur to follow

He had led the prince to the library to study as he dusted the shelves and organised the books neatly. He felt bad, a terrible headache and his muscles hurt as well. Every movement was sending pain through his body but he kept working on.

Once finished cleaning he did the normal rounds to the guards of the palace bringing water and anything they wished for to them. All agreed silently, the boy wasn't healthy.. But none said something of it. Like wilbur they knew he would fight against it till he won. So they let him be, he would learn eventually.

As he returned to the library, he couldn't help but feel light headed. He had been working perhaps four hours. He normally did ten hour shifts.. with Two hours of time to do as he wished, which he spent helping the maids cook.

Wilbur had tried to focus on his studies and work. To learn to be a king one day he had to. But his worry was on his aide.. The boy was pushing himself to his limits. Why couldn't he admit defeat and rest? He had given him one, by staying longer than normal in the library hoping he would sit and maybe read waiting? But no.. He was running around still

Over time he sighed and stood up. He looked over and could tell the other was very fatigued.. Tired and hurting. "Tommy please, go rest" he said softly to the other walking over.

But the boy shook his head. "Wilbur I am fine.." He said leaning against a shelf. He was trying to keep going.. It was his job, he was getting paid for it. He couldn't take a day off.. He wouldn't.

He did go on, till supper.  It was only then as he carried a tray of teas, did he collapse. He had gone so long, and so hard. Carrying heavy trays for the cooks around the kitchen and to the table.. It had depleted his strength finally. As he slowly watched everything start to go away, black dots blocking his vision.

Wilbur had seen Tommy drop the tray as A clatter of metal rang through the room, as the prince stood quickly to make his way over. A few servants even paused as they saw the blonde hit the ground.

The Emperor had seen it and stood, motioning for a doctor to come quickly. It was clear now, Tommy wasn't as well as he tried to make others believe. He managed to go this far which surprised him. He had heard rumours of the loyal servant being sick and still helping.

It seemed the whole room went dead silent before one simple voice was heard screaming as he rushed to the blondes side. As he picked him into his arms, looking down to find his eyes closed and skin cold. "Tommy?!"