part 30

Puffy laughed softly at the nickname, shaking her head fondly. She shouldn’t be surprised he grew so much, seeing as he took mostly off his father, but it still was a shock seeing him now. Her last memory of him was when he was a toddler, and now he was taller than her.

She turned to look towards Wilbur, humming a bit. He smiled, putting his hand out to shake, “it’s a pleasure to meet you, ma’am.” The brunette introduced, causing puffy to smile. She shook his hand and nodded, “the pleasure is all mine. It’s not often we get anyone from higher standard here.” She complimented, noting how polite the young man was. She had met nobles during her travel before, and very few were remotely kind. A majority were cruel and greedy, raised to see her as lesser.

And she could see that, despite how common the man’s apparel seemed, that he still wore a  very small emerald hung on a necklace. Something that had been attributed to the royal family.

She turned back to tommy at the question, nodding quickly, “of course! What would you like? You can choose anything that tickles your fancy, my treat on the house.” She grinned.

Tommy giggled. "I don't know yet!" He looked many times over the menu. For something new. Something different. "Orange Tea?" He had tried citrus before, but only lemon. Never any other. Even if the villages nearby were traders of fruit he never tried an orange before, nor had tea of it. It seemed so new. "Can I try that? And the raspberry biscuits?" That was a normal thing in the past. His mother used to always pick one up for him for a treat after a day of work or school. Or just because.

He noticed how she saw past Wilbur's disguise. And smiled. Of course she did. She was a Captain after all. He took a small bag out and placed two gold coins on the counter. Even though she said on the house, that he wouldn't need to pay he still wanted to. "Just be cause I was Alexander's son. Doesn't mean I deserved special treatment Miss. Treat me like a normal customer!" He like Wilbur, didn't like being treated different from others especially when he was under them. He was servant, nothing more nothing less in his eyes. "So here, two gold. For two thing

Wilbur smiles a small bit, curiosity boiling inside of him. “I’ve been meaning to ask, Tommy keeps calling you ‘captain’, did you truly used to sail?” He asked politely after their introduction, unable to keep it in much longer. Puffy grinned toothily as she got to the other side of the counter.

“did I? I sailed all across the continent at one point. Settled down eventually, though, and started a bakery before I fled during the war. I still love the water, though. That’ll never change.” She smiled, leaning on the counter before perking up. “Good choice! Coming right up!” She chirped, grabbing a mug and pouring in some boiling water and a tea bag.

She added a bit more to the tea after it brewed and handed the cup and a paper bag with the raspberry biscuits. She giggled a bit, shaking her head, “if you insist. But, I’m not just offering free stuff cuz of your father you know? It’s nice to see you again, Theseus.” She ruffled his hair fondly, “and what’ll the prince get?” She asked, turning her attention towards Wilbur.

The man startled at, once again, being recognized, but recovered and looked towards the menu. “A black coffee and blueberry muffin?” He asked, digging out two gold as well. She nodded and prepared said order

Tommy nodded. "She used to bring My father things! Small things from other lands. And he gave me some!" Most was always little toys or games for him. Bargaining for his father, to see if They could trade as his village was never really communicating with the others around them. They weren't the most popular back then. But not to hated either. They just went on their own.

When Wilbur gave his order tommy handed two more coins. Paying for his food too. He knew he didn't have to he just wanted to. As he slid them to her taking the bag with the Biscuits happily smiling to her. Seeing her again was lovely and to know she was okay was and her shop was amazingly well too.

He then turned back to Wilbur. He noticed he had tensed to hearing his proper name. His proper title. "Captain.. Its just. Um Wilbur here" it felt odd saying the princes name with out a title behind him. He was so use to saying master or prince. Or addressing him as sire even. But he wanted to keep the cover. "He's uh.. Just here to visit we don't to be known much" he spoke softly to her still. He knew the king wanted them to keep under cover and blend in going around saying Prince or his highness wouldn't do much

Puffy grinned, nodding. “I even brought his parents along on a shirt voyage or two before Theseus was born and I made my shop. Wanted to bring him on one, too, once he got old enough, but….” She shrugged, bagging up the items, “I’m sure you can guess what went wrong with that plan.” She snickered.

Wilbur hummed, nodding along. He was a bit surprised by all of this. Meeting some of the people Tommy once knew was a really fascinating experience, he was finding.   He quickly went to decline Tommy’s offer to pay for him, “Tommy, you don’t have to pay for me…” he frowned a bit, finally holding two gold coins in his hand. “This is your trip, I don’t want to take the money you rightfully earned.” He insisted, trying to give puffy his gold coins instead, making the woman laugh softly.

Puffy nodded, smiling, “of course, of course! Not a lot of bandits around here, but I get the worry. I won’t say a word.” She promised, handing Wilbur his bag, “now enjoy!” She chirped.