part 34

Wilbur was used to getting to sleep quickly at this point. He was used to staying up late doing his duties and passing out as soon as he hit his bed. This wasn't quite like that, though. He was exhausted from the day, and had no trouble relaxing and getting some rest, but it wasn't the same- Not exactly, anyways. He didn't find himself staying up much later thinking about what they would need to do tomorrow, other than the brief thought of more exploration and when they may have to leave.

He was startled when he felt someone shake his shoulders, groggily peeking an eye open and trying to blink away the crusty fog of sleep. "Toms...?" He asked quietly, a sleep-induced slur coating his words as his brow crinkled in confusion.

He was surprised when the question fully registered, and he quickly wiped at his eyes to wake himself up more and scooted over. He opened up the blanket to invite the other to lay down, "yeah, of course.. did something happen?" He murmured questioningly, settling back down in his spot. He was less sleepy now, attention focusing on tommy.

He gave a little smile as he got in the bed and curled up into a ball. A safety thing he did when scared. He use to hide as A child in Shlatt's manor under beds or in small corners curled in tight balls till he knew he wasn't in danger or trouble anymore. When he felt safe enough to come out. A lot of his habits of old came back so easy this being one when nightmares came.

"Sorry if I woke you to much" he whispered wiping a few tears away as he laid there. "I had a bad dream.. It scared me" he felt it was childish admitting so, but he wouldn't lie. It terrified him. "I thought you died.. I thought he killed you like my father" he said softly as he began crying.

In the nightmare, Tommy had witnessed the men in green kill Wilbur. Infront of him with no mercy. Like they assumed his father had fallen. Fighting for what he thought was right and protecting this land so bravely. But seeing it broke his heart. "it felt real.. I didn't know if it was"

He turned away from Wilbur as to hide his face. He really thought he died. He really thought it was real and yet seeing it was not he felt embarrassed to even think Wilbur would. He knew he'd fight back, unlike in the dream.

Wilbur hadn't seen Tommy like this since the day of his injury. Since He woke up to Tommy clinging onto him, sobbing with a bleeding shoulder. He immediately looked Tommy over and glanced around the room to make sure nothing was amiss. When he found nothing, he turned his attention back to Tommy.

He shook his head, shifting a small bit to invite tommy into a slight hug, "no, no, it's fine. Don't apologize for waking me." He comforted, making a knowing noise when Tommy's explanation came. It reminded the prince so much of when he was younger, when he would have a nightmare and run to his father's room. After his mother's passing especially...

He softened, pulling tommy close to provide some comfort. "It'll be ok, toms..." he murmured softly, "don't feel ashamed for getting scared by a nightmare, I see you hiding your face. Just know I'll always be here for you. No matter what, I'll be here." He assured.

He nodded wiping the tears away looking to him as he was welcomed into a hug. He felt safer with Wilbur. He didn't understand why really. It was the same feeling he felt in his mothers arms before she got ill. Before she left him alone with Shlatt to live a servants life. He calmed down slowly as he was wide awake now. Wilbur was so kind to him, he didn't fully understand why. But it was nice
.
He stayed there for a while, just being close to him. Before sitting up as he noticed the sun rising. "Master... I must get up" he said moving off the bed again. He still was doing his duty as an Aide. Even hurt, on a trip meant to help him relax and be happy. Tommy was bent on doing it.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked walking to the room door before stopping. He made it look like he was waiting for an answer. But the hidden truth, was he had a headache. He figured he could pass that off though. He did spend an hour crying.

Wilbur smiles, hugging the boy close. It was fascinating how close they had gotten in such a short amount of time. It was like something just clicked into place. He fell back asleep relatively quickly after making sure Tommy was alright.

He grumbled as he was woken up, sitting up slowly with a yawn. "Fine, fine. We should probably get ready shouldn't we?" He suggested, getting up. He seemed almost surprised at the question, studying Tommy for a second. He hummed after a minute, "why don't we go out for breakfast. I saw a place that seemed quite good last night. It may be good to give you a break while we're here. You may be my aide, but this is your trip. I want you to have as good a time as possible." He smiles, motioning for Tommy to follow him outside and back into town.

Wilbur searched around for a good breakfast spot as soon as they got there, perking up as he spotted a little restaurant.

While Tommy wanted to fight back, say it was his job Wilbur would just say no again. So he complied and followed silently. He didn't really feel hungry at the moment, but knew he should eat. And so should Wilbur, hence why he didn't say anything as they got to the Restaurant. It was nice he had to admit, and his eyes lit up seeing someone. "Sapnap!" He giggled running forward to one of the servers.

The man had deep brunette hair almost raven black but not quiet. He looked over and smiled. "Theseus! Dad said you were in town!" He immediately let the boy hug him. "I had to come see, but Got caught up with my dads friends shop again" it was a semi family owned shop. Bad and his friend built it before bad became a blacksmith.

Tommy giggled. "Skeppy!" He knew the man who use to run it. As he looked to Wilbur. "Master! This is Mr Halo's son Sapnap!" He said as Sapnap bowed politely. Not knowing he was Royal bit of habit. "Pleasure to meet you"