part 44

Tommy was getting use to royal life slowly, still holding habits of the past. Wilbur had convinced the boy, along with Tubbo and Technoblade to accept the title as Prince. Well, side prince? He wasn't sure how it worked fully, as Phil was his legal guardian he would be seen as one

Being the crowned prince Wilbur got to have the official say in the title Tommy held and knowing suddenly jumping to prince was to much, they did not do that for a full year.

Autumn went to Winter quickly, and then spring came. As it passed slowly Tommy watched leaves of loss fall, Autumn in the auburn meadows must of returned as he looked out of his window to the new falling snow. A full year, and he still wasn't use to being a royal

He did not dress very fancy like the Emperor. He preferred simple clothes of Cotton, but would wear bold colours such as red and blue.. On the begging of the Crowned Prince. He loved the colour he did, he just didn't like working into the clothes.

Despite his new found home and family, Tommy stayed working the same. He worked for Wilbur to earn money in case when he comes of age he could leave for his own life. It was not decided completely if the blonde would leave or stay when the time came. That would be a spot choice. Something he would do when the time came and he felt it was right to choose finally.

Though something always seemed odd in the back of his mind each time he and the emperor passed. Tommy never called him Uncle or any such. He stayed with Your Majesty, and Sire. Like a commoner would. Yet he could not ignore how they look the same. Their crystal eyes and blonde curls, he looked just like the emperor.

Perhaps he just was by coincidence or by chance? Or there was a deeper tale to be told. He was not sure. But though he knew to not ask, as he didn't wish to be a bother to some, he could not stop and wonder.. Why did his mother give up the easy life for a hard one?

He figured his answer would never come, and he didn't expect it to as he smiled walking down the grand halls and corridors of the palace bringing warm tea to those who wished for it. Morning he had free time, unlike the Crowned prince. It was odd having two princes when only one deserved such a title.

He smiled as he handed Sam, the captain guard, his own. The man had green clothes and it use to scare Tommy. That was a similar shade to the emerald green of those who took his family. But after a few times of seeing him closer he realised the shades were different. Sam wore a deep forest green not an emerald. that day he saw the difference he made it a goal to know Sam.. And After a while Tommy grew very close to the man.

Today Tommy handed the Lavender Tea over, a specialty just for him. "Hello Sam!" He smiled brightly as the Captains Guard turned to face him with a bow. "Your Majesty" l

This caused confusion in the blonde.. Sam never used royal terms with him. "Uh Sam?" He seemed to be in an awkward position. He personally asked all he knew to treat him as they did before the news came. This was sudden

Sam looked up and blinked, before straightening out. "oh Tommy! Its you" he sighed and shook his head laughing. "Dressed how you are you look like The emperor!" He smiled.

He never liked how he was told this, why did so many say this? Even Technoblade said he looked like the Emperor did when he was this age. And it bothered him very much.

Sure they had Blonde curls and crystal blue eyes. Both shared an accent and were about the same height at this age.. But he never got around the problem.. Phil was an uncle. With no blood relation to his mother. It was the late empress who had relations. His father was not tall, but mid height. And had straight brown hair.. He always thought the height  came from his mother but never understood where his eyes came from. His parents had hazel.. Surely he should of as well?

With Sam only adding to his confusion he had to ask. "Sam? Tell me How did the empress die?" He never got either Phil or Wilbur to answer.  And never saw a grave.

Sam sighed and looked down. He had said a command. To 'tell' him. He could not deny it. He had to listen. "She died in Child birth.. Of the second prince. She had gone away on a small trip but the date was wrong, and she had fallen to labour.  She died, and was buried in her home town as requested by the family.." He knew Tommy knew by now, Kristin was a servant originally.

He frowned "did the child make it?" Was This Wilbur's story? No.. He thought, it couldn't be. After all Wilbur was alive for years before his mothers death.. He grew puzzled as Sam answered. "Died, never made it"

He felt bad now.. Was this why Wilbur never told him? Because his mother died in childbirth to a sibling he could of had? In a different land than this? "Thank you Sam, for answering my question" he smiled and walked away, hiding the guilt he now felt as he walked back into the palace.. Silent

He walked the halls alone now, glancing to the flowers of winter such beautiful and delicate things in vases. He couldn't help but remember a small quote from his mother. "A life lived for others, is a live worth living"

He smiled thinking of it as he looked to a picture.. Recently Wilbur had gotten great permission to put a few pictures on the walls of his mother..  As he stopped by one.. One of her and a younger crowned prince, the Emperor as a child. They were right, he looked like him. And sighed

"Now.. Isn't that odd" he noticed something in the back... A little frown showed as he walked off.